• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. This is a painful thread to be having. Sucks this program has gotten to this point.

If Beamer would have done better in hiring the right OC, then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.
The buck stops with him, but I am doubting that unless the bottom completely drops out (0-4, Wake beats us handily and UVA runs us off the field) that this is Beamers last year. Loeffler however needs to show he belongs in big boy college football the next month.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly .. Seems like he is open to coming back to CFB (with the recent Articles about Florida going after him). That would be awesome and I bet he could keep Bud. We'd be contending for the big one within 4/5 years.

Chad Morris .. The lack of HC experience concerns me some but everyone came from somewhere and some came up fast from the high school ranks and ate very successful (freeze malzahn).

Tomlin's name had come up .. Part of me thinks it could work but no college experience is kind of a big deal. Don't think this ever happens though

Hudspeth ... Need to read up on him

Steve Addazio ... Like that dude and the way he goes about his business ... A lot

The coach that is at Colorado state now ... Seems to be making waves and I think would be a good hire

Pep .. Think it could be a good hire but we would just be a stepping stone for him unfortunately.. Maybe if be wrong

Cutcliffe would also be a decent hire

When he first took the Eagles job, I originally had hopes that he would flame out at the NFL level and be fired in 3 seasons, which could correspond with Beamer retiring, thus giving us the chance to make the slam dunk hire. He's a great college coach but with NFL success he's having, I say there's no way he'd go back to college for any team, much less us.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this was mentioned before but Doc Holiday is a thought as well...

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mark Richt interested in Blacksburg? Yes sir he is. Multiple convos</p>&mdash; Hokie5284 (@hokie5284) <a href="">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richt is who I've been eluding to on the boards...</p>&mdash; HillcrestHokie (@HillcrestHokie) <a href="">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mark Richt interested in Blacksburg? Yes sir he is. Multiple convos</p>&mdash; Hokie5284 (@hokie5284) <a href="">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Richt is who I've been eluding to on the boards...</p>&mdash; HillcrestHokie (@HillcrestHokie) <a href="">November 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Orly?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp if these are all for real, I would hope that Frank and the entire coaching staff are on very thin ice.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't see that vtfan had already posted these. My bad.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, our coaching staff is a shambles, the team sucks right now, and I don't think is close to getting better. On the radio, Frank is still saying that on defense "if you take one or two plays out of there, we're right in the ballgame." Give me a fucking break.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seriously though, our coaching staff is a shambles, the team sucks right now, and I don't think is close to getting better. On the radio, Frank is still saying that on defense "if you take one or two plays out of there, we're right in the ballgame." Give me a fucking break.

They WERE in the ballgame.

It's better than not being in the ballgame, but it's not the same as winning. If they had won other close games, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but they need to win these. Regularly.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They WERE in the ballgame.

It's better than not being in the ballgame, but it's not the same as winning. If they had won other close games, it wouldn't be as big a deal, but they need to win these. Regularly.

The point is the coachspeak. Take some goddamn ownership of the program you built. We listen to the same excuses every week with CFB.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you antagonize yourself by listening? Coach Beamer has said the same thing to the media for 25 years. There's a script for wins and a script for losses.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow good ole Hokie5284 airing some dirty laundry. Hope this guy loses whatever connection he has to the program. Nothing good comes from that kind of thing.

ShockwaveVT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Hokie5284? Someone legit?

He's a program insider, or at the least, he's closely connected to a program insider or insiders. He shares stuff on 247 every now and then, and seems to be regarded as having good info usually.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why do you antagonize yourself by listening? Coach Beamer has said the same thing to the media for 25 years. There's a script for wins and a script for losses.

You can apply that to every coach, every game.

Not much of that postgame stuff is worth listening to.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can apply that to every coach, every game.

Not much of that postgame stuff is worth listening to.

I respectfully disagree. I feel like Frank rarely shows killer instinct, passion, or takes ownership of the product on the field, good or bad. There ARE coaches that do.