• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching fire watch.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, now that's what I was talking about. No one does chip kelly legacy defense quite like @Olyduck
:clap:

Now I can go wash the funk off from even trying to myself.
except i still dont want him to come back

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except i still dont want him to come back
Oh I know that and I don't blame you at all. Still, if even a Husky is pointing out his abilities there had to have been some serious dip shittery going on. No one gets to the bottom of that stuff quite like you.

:suds:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be done but the HC has to be willing to put the defense on the field a lot more. That's why a lot of coaches don't want to use it. They actually play defense with their offense. Wait until the play clock is below 5 to snap it. Avoid incomplete passes or runs out of bounds that stop the clock, etc. In fact, some of them would prefer NOT to break a run for a TD on the first play because the defense has to go back out on the field too son! Playing that way can makes for some real good looking overall defensive stats.

But the negative to that is you keep the other team in the game longer.

In the 90's when we were really firing on all cylinders we helped our defense immensely
by building large early leads and forcing teams to become pass oriented whether they
wanted to or not. When you force a team to volley with you to can create havoc for them.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the negative to that is you keep the other team in the game longer.

In the 90's when we were really firing on all cylinders we helped our defense immensely
by building large early leads and forcing teams to become pass oriented whether they
wanted to or not. When you force a team to volley with you to can create havoc for them.
That and those teams seem to only play well with a lead. They get behind and it is game over a lot of the time.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Southern fired their coach on Sunday

who takes over there

Saban? Chip Kelly? Jon Gruden?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BERT is safe

After executive session, Arkansas board takes no action on Bret Bielema, AD Jeff Long

According to multiple media outlets, the University of Arkansas’ Board of Trustees went into executive session at 8:45 local time Thursday morning. The closed-door meeting was triggered by the lackluster performance of the athletic department under Jeff Long in general and the football program under Bret Bielema specifically.

After nearly three-and-a-half fours, the session ended, with the board taking no action against either Bielema or Long.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BERT is safe

After executive session, Arkansas board takes no action on Bret Bielema, AD Jeff Long

According to multiple media outlets, the University of Arkansas’ Board of Trustees went into executive session at 8:45 local time Thursday morning. The closed-door meeting was triggered by the lackluster performance of the athletic department under Jeff Long in general and the football program under Bret Bielema specifically.

After nearly three-and-a-half fours, the session ended, with the board taking no action against either Bielema or Long.
Kiss of death then?

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Chip Kelly end up at Nebraska or Florida.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is NEVER going to Nebraska.......y'all can kill that nonsense right now.

I doubt he'd ever even CONSIDER it.

Not that Nebraska isn't a good job........but it's not a good job for him. You HAVE to go cross country to recruit.......which is not Chip's strong suit.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly is NEVER going to Nebraska.......y'all can kill that nonsense right now.

Not that Nebraska isn't a good job........but it's not a good job for him. You HAVE to go cross country to recruit.......which is not Chip's strong suit.
I'm thinking UCLA might be calling him personally (fits for those reasons you mention) but we'll see.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree and I think Nebraska wants to get back to a power running game, not Chip's style of play

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Mike Riley still have a job?

Well fuck.

Jumpman98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bret Bielema would be a good fit for Nebraska. The kind of offense he runs, was never a good fit with Arkansas. He knows the Mid West region regarding recruiting, and looks like his time with the Hogs is coming to an end.

Jumpman98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what do you guys think of Mark Helfrich to Oregon State? He had only one losing season at Oregon.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens with Coach Bro?

he might not win another game this year.

I know the folks in Lubbock have no money, and the expectations are low...but geez.

Johnny Manziel's two crazy seasons have kept Kingsbury and Sumlin permanently employed for some reason.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bret Bielema would be a good fit for Nebraska. The kind of offense he runs, was never a good fit with Arkansas. He knows the Mid West region regarding recruiting, and looks like his time with the Hogs is coming to an end.

Hell no. :puke: