• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach McLelland Out as Coach

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess Danny balsamic is rumored to be the guy coming to sj now after blowing the Babcock sweepstakes. Just lose baby should be the new creed

I dont think it even matters at this point, is anyone really gonna be invested in this upcoming season?? The Babcock fuckup was the 2nd to last straw for me... The last straw is the offseason. If no significant talent is added, no fucks will be given about this season....
I can deal with a team sucking, but what I cant deal with is that there were options that fit Doug/Platters agenda of young cheap talent that required no trading assets or draft picks for and they just let those players walk on by and sign elsewhere. Thats whats unacceptable. And Im still curious to see what schlub they bring in for a goalie and how they manage to botch that up

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think it even matters at this point, is anyone really gonna be invested in this upcoming season?? The Babcock fuckup was the 2nd to last straw for me... The last straw is the offseason. If no significant talent is added, no fucks will be given about this season....
I can deal with a team sucking, but what I cant deal with is that there were options that fit Doug/Platters agenda of young cheap talent that required no trading assets or draft picks for and they just let those players walk on by and sign elsewhere. Thats whats unacceptable. And Im still curious to see what schlub they bring in for a goalie and how they manage to botch that up
I wasn't to invested last season at all. Im interested is going to be the next beach ball dodger they bring in to, some rumors have that Big Al Stalock is going to get his chance to run with it. Id imagine if they did go out and get a goalie itll be Lehner or something stupid like Dubnyk or god forbid trade for Brokestrom.

Im completely baffled why that didn't take a serious run at Bab's, what he could've done for players like Mirco Mueller, Neito, Hertl, Goodrow, Karlsson, tennyson, goboldin, tsaraov and Tierny would've been something to see

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PS looking at how much Andy Dell has moved around in the AHL I don't think hes the future in net, and im pretty sure the Sharks ruined both Sateri and JP Anderson by stunting their development with league assignments. Grosenick is the only interesting option in net from the farm that I can see.

Oh another rumor is Malcom Subban is on the block, from what I saw in his JR days, im not overly impressed with him just another Freddy Brathwaite or Pokey Reese. Not prime Grant Fuhr

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug can save face if he does an offer sheet to Brandon Saad

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: Keep the good times rolling....... :doh:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Appears to be Petey deboers as the new coach he didn't a lot with an average Devils team and got the most out of Steve bernier so i guess that's good lol

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
deboer is fine. Personally, I dont think it matter who is behind the bench as long as JT and PM are still here and the D is still incredibly thin. I think we'll see lots of 2-1 and 3-1 losses next year, but I dont see any coach coming in here and competing for the cup with this roster.

I guess the big question is how will the development of younger players go? How can deboer help guys like hertl, nieto, karlsson, mueller, and likely coming guys like goldobin, O'regan, and others. His experience and success in juniors is probably the main reason they hired him, so maybe he will parlay that into a solid development curve. Personally, I think his job is not to win but to develop well over the next year or two. Perhaps he can do that...

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeBoer doesn't blow my skirt up but I agree with Rules.. until we get Patty and probably Joe off the roster and put that money to better use I don't see anything really changing there. It wouldn't be a horrible thing for this team to have a couple of seasons of getting quality draft picks either.. something we have missed for the majority of the last 10 years.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they signed him cause he probably took the lowest amount of money of anyone they interviewed...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well :noidea: I guess all we can do is wait and see how this shit show continues.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're doomed.

We've downgraded our coach and kept the two biggest problems on the team: Marleau and Thornton.

It's like Doug Wilson knew what the smart move was and then intentionally did the exact opposite.

This might be my lowest point as a Sharks fan. There's just nothing to get up about with these guys and it's going downhill fast.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAN JOSE SHARKS NAME PETER DeBOER HEAD COACH

As a valued San Jose Sharks Season Ticket Holder, we wanted you to be the first to know that later today Peter DeBoer will be officially announced as the head coach of the
San Jose Sharks.

This is the price I pay, above & beyond the over-priced tickets.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET TO KNOW PETER DeBOER

This season will mark DeBoer's 21st consecutive season as a head coach, serving at both the NHL and Canadian Hockey League levels.

"Peter is a well-respected leader who possesses all of the characteristics we were looking for in our next head coach," said Wilson. "He's an extremely intelligent and innovative individual who likes to play an aggressive system. Peter has a track record of extracting the most out of his players and is willing to make tough decisions that are based on achieving team success. We're extremely excited to have him leading our group."
Image_DeBoer_052815.jpg

DeBoer, 46, spent the last three-plus seasons as head coach of the New Jersey Devils. In 2011-12, after finishing with 102 points and a 48-28-6 record, he led the team to the Stanley Cup Final, alongside current Sharks Director of Player Development Larry Robinson, who served as assistant coach on DeBoer's staff.

In 248 games coached with New Jersey, DeBoer posted a 114-93-41 record. He ranks as the second-most winningest coach in Devils franchise history behind only Jacques Lemaire.

Prior to coaching in New Jersey, DeBoer spent three seasons as head coach of the Florida Panthers. In 2008-09, his first season as an NHL head coach, he coached the Panthers to their then second-best season in franchise history with 93 points, posting a 41-30-11 record. The team tied the Montreal Canadiens for eight place in the Eastern Conference but lost the tie-breaker to the Canadiens for the final playoff position.

Prior to coaching in the NHL, DeBoer was one of the most distinguished coaches in the Ontario Hockey League's history. He spent 13 seasons coaching with Detroit, Plymouth and Kitchener in the OHL, including winning a Memorial Cup Championship in 2003 and the OHL Championship in 2003 and 2008 with Kitchener. A two-time winner of the OHL Coach of the Year Award in 1999 and 2000 with Plymouth, he was also named the Canadian Hockey League's Coach of the Year in 2000.

During his time in the OHL, he led his team to the league's best overall record four times (1998-99, 1999-2000, 2002-03, 2007-08) and is one of only eight coaches in OHL history to reach the 500+ win mark. He ranks eight on the OHL all-time coaches win list (539) and 12th in games coached (878).

Internationally, DeBoer has frequently been selected to represent his native Canada, including serving as an assistant coach for the Canadian World Championship squad in 2015 (gold medal), 2014 and 2010. Additionally, he was a member of the coaching staff for Canada's World Junior Championship team in 2005 (gold medal) and 1998. He also served on the Team Canada coaching staff for the 2007 Canada-Russia Super Series.

To learn more about Peter DeBoer, visit sjsharks.com.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol @RaiderZar let's be honest if it wasn't Babcock we were all going to be pissed. I like deboer did with a less then average Devils team by taking them to scf. And rumor has it he's not afraid to give young guys time over the old guard. So if anything it'll be atleast interesting

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doug can save face if he does an offer sheet to Brandon Saad

The Sharks may, and should IMO, make a play for him but it most likely won't be via offersheet. They traded away their 3rd round pick in 2016 so any offer they make would have to be for under $3.36m annually (2nd round pick compensation) which I think Chicago would match or over $8.41m annually (Four 1st round choices).

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Sharks may, and should IMO, make a play for him but it most likely won't be via offersheet. They traded away their 3rd round pick in 2016 so any offer they make would have to be for under $3.36m annually (2nd round pick compensation) which I think Chicago would match or over $8.41m annually (Four 1st round choices).

I thought offer sheets were all 1st rounders based on the amount you offer, and I was hoping Doug would offer 5Mil just to handcuff chicago like he did weith Nemo

Also, since Chi is already handcuffed I want SJ to make a trade for Shaw... I think he'd make for a great 3rd line with Shaw, Smith, Nieto and im pretty sure Shaw fills in spot during as a C on Chi... Hes not the greatest in the world, but I love the passion he plays with...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Doug is trading Couture, so we may need another #2 center

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought offer sheets were all 1st rounders based on the amount you offer, and I was hoping Doug would offer 5Mil just to handcuff chicago like he did weith Nemo

Also, since Chi is already handcuffed I want SJ to make a trade for Shaw... I think he'd make for a great 3rd line with Shaw, Smith, Nieto and im pretty sure Shaw fills in spot during as a C on Chi... Hes not the greatest in the world, but I love the passion he plays with...

1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders are required for most offer sheets. Compensation is based on the average annual value of the contract.

Below $1.11m = no compensation
$1.12m - $1.68m = One 3rd round
$1.69m - $3.36m = One 2nd round
$3.37m - $5.05m = One 1st round and one 3rd round
$5.06m - $6.73m = One 1st round, one 2nd round, one 3rd round
$6.73m = $8.41m = Two 1st round, one 2nd round, one 3rd round
$8.42m and over = Four 1st round

I rounded the dollar amounts for the sake of simplicity.

I don't hold out much hope of the Sharks acquiring anyone from Chicago. Not because they aren't interested or won't try but because Bowman refuses to trade good young players to teams in the same conference. He did it with Leddy this last off season. Bowman said he had better offers on the table for Leddy but wasn't going to deal him to a conference rival. I would expect the same if he deals Saad and maybe Shaw.