• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach McLelland Out as Coach

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon my typo in the title.

Sharks and McLellan Mutually Agree to Part Ways

Sharks and Todd McLellan Mutually Agree to Part Ways - San Jose Sharks - News

In reality that means Doug Wilson wanted McLellan gone and McLellan had no problems with it, a move that only underscores the ineptitude of Doug Wilson.

The Sharks are a team in complete freefall. They just ousted their winningest coach in franchise history, have a GM who has no idea how to GM and players that just don't care about hockey.

I've been watching the Sharks for a long time and this is certainly a low point for the team.
The problem is clearly in the front office and the worst thing about front office problems is that they stick around for years because the owner(s) are in denial.

If that's the case, we won't be seeing any substantial changes in the team because Doug Wilson's head/rectum interaction goes completely unnoticed by the owners who probably just don't know any better and the team will likely not see the playoffs for at least the next 2 years because Thornton and Marleau are just there for the paycheck.

This is a such a head-scratch move but it doesn't upset me too much because we all saw it coming.
Doug Wilson found his scapegoat despite McLellan being the least of the Sharks' problems but as the stupidest option on the table, of course that was Wilson's plan A.

Predictions: the Sharks will miss the playoffs for at least one more season and coach McLellan will be holding the Stanley Cup in 5 years or less with another team. (See Darryl Sutter)

Honestly, the Sharks have made me like hockey less. I want something good to happen with the Sharks, but it's not in the cards for the foreseeable future. Next year, barring a complete turnaround in the team's identity, I will be spending $0 on Sharks hockey. Spending 100+ to see a team that doesn't care is as dumb as firing McLellan, which let's face it, is exactly what happened.

I like watching the playoffs so far though.

Last edited:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yield:Da Ship is taking on water!!!!!!!

Only a matter of time until this ship is sunk!?!?!?! :usa2:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Sharks have made me like hockey less. I want something good to happen with the Sharks, but it's not in the cards for the foreseeable future. Next year, barring a complete turnaround in the team's identity, I will be spending $0 on Sharks hockey. Spending 100+ to see a team that doesn't care is as dumb as firing McLellan, which let's face it, is exactly what happened.

I hear you dude. I travel so damn much now my free time is at a complete premium. Last year let the air completely out of my balloon.. and then Dwill stepped on it with his worthless efforts as a leader.

Last year, I ***finally*** got the wife interested in hockey - and then she quickly became a bit of a Kings fan. I don't blame her, she watched a team flat on its back come back from oblivion and play hard night after night and raise the cup. It should have been SJ - but they pi$$ed it away.

The Sharks have owed this fan base for a while.. and I think they are going to learn a lesson about taking that fan base for granted. I firmly believe that the press and fans need to be hypercritical, and constant in their critique. Todd may have been out-coached on occasion, but he was the least of the problems in SJ.

Well done Wilson, you incompetent ass.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you dude. I travel so damn much now my free time is at a complete premium. Last year let the air completely out of my balloon.. and then Dwill stepped on it with his worthless efforts as a leader.

Last year, I ***finally*** got the wife interested in hockey - and then she quickly became a bit of a Kings fan. I don't blame her, she watched a team flat on its back come back from oblivion and play hard night after night and raise the cup. It should have been SJ - but they pi$$ed it away.

The Sharks have owed this fan base for a while.. and I think they are going to learn a lesson about taking that fan base for granted. I firmly believe that the press and fans need to be hypercritical, and constant in their critique. Todd may have been out-coached on occasion, but he was the least of the problems in SJ.

Well done Wilson, you incompetent ass.

The fans certainly deserve better which is why I find Pouty Marleau so offensive but on a bigger scale, the organization has clearly been taking the fanbase for granted for a long time and I think finally they're starting to notice that they're not selling out games like they used to and long time season ticket holders are giving up and not renewing. At this point the fans that are paying to see 41 home games a year at ever increasing prices are certainly putting in more effort toward supporting the team than anyone on the Sharks' payroll but I don't blame anyone who says "enough is enough". The treatment of the fans by the team has been pretty egregious.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, its not like Doug will draft anybody good with whatever pick the sharks end up getting.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Owner announced that he is behind Doug and the team is in 'rebuild'.. basically that he supports the direction.

What an idiot. I wonder what tune he will be whistling when season ticket holders drop by 20% and he starts seeing a bunch of empty seats. I simply cannot believe how much of a free fall this team has taken and how much further it looks to fall before hitting bottom.

ugh...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Confirmed Babcock is talking to the Sharks this week......come on puhleassssse sign here

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Owner announced that he is behind Doug and the team is in 'rebuild'.. basically that he supports the direction.

What an idiot. I wonder what tune he will be whistling when season ticket holders drop by 20% and he starts seeing a bunch of empty seats. I simply cannot believe how much of a free fall this team has taken and how much further it looks to fall before hitting bottom.

ugh...

It was announced at the STH event that renewals and new sign ups for season tickets exceeded expectations so at the moment I don't think he is too worried about that.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Confirmed Babcock is talking to the Sharks this week......come on puhleassssse sign here

According to Kurz's report it was Babcock who contacted the Sharks about their opening. If true things just got really interesting.

A source informed CSNCalifornia.com that Babcock, 52, initiated the upcoming discussions with the Sharks, and the Sharks were obviously receptive to the offer.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to Kurz's report it was Babcock who contacted the Sharks about their opening. If true things just got really interesting.

San Jose will somehow fuck this up royally... I think Doug to to much of a blow hard to turn over GM reigns to Babcock...