• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach McLelland Out as Coach

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was announced at the STH event that renewals and new sign ups for season tickets exceeded expectations so at the moment I don't think he is too worried about that.

Exceeding "expectations" is a tricky comment. Were sign ups higher or lower than the previous year? IE if they 'expected' a 20% drop then they 'met' expectations despite the decline.

You are probably right however, I am sure enough dough-heads are out there to sign up not realizing where the team is heading right now.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Kurz's report it was Babcock who contacted the Sharks about their opening. If true things just got really interesting.

I also read where the owner said cost is a big factor too.....watch, Babcock will want to come here, but the Sharks won't pay him.
I was pissed before when we never heard from the ownership group, now it's worse the few times the dude has opened his mouth.
Like someone mentioned earlier, they'll find a way to fuck this up.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also read where the owner said cost is a big factor too.....watch, Babcock will want to come here, but the Sharks won't pay him.
I was pissed before when we never heard from the ownership group, now it's worse the few times the dude has opened his mouth.
Like someone mentioned earlier, they'll find a way to fuck this up.

Again, if they make him coach and GM or even coach and assistant GM they can justify the cost. Babcock's interest in San Jose may have something to with sticking close to his son who will be playing in Portland next season. San Jose would represent the closest team with an open coaching spot.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Again, if they make him coach and GM or even coach and assistant GM they can justify the cost. Babcock's interest in San Jose may have something to with sticking close to his son who will be playing in Portland next season. San Jose would represent the closest team with an open coaching spot.

If he wants both jobs, they should absolutely give them to him.
He's made it very clear in the past how he feels about the Sharks players....he really likes them. Maybe he sees them being closer to a contender than we do.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Somehow I feel like Wilson and Babcock negotations will go like an episode of Pawn Stars:

Wilson: So how much are you looking to get?
Babcock: Somewhere around 5 mil a year...
Wilson: Well I dont know much about hockey, care if I bring in an expert?
Expert: What we have here is a once in a lifetime chance. This Babcock is the best coach in the game and is in very high demand. Letting this walk out the door would be a HUGE mistake. Id value this particular Babcock as a Gem Mint Prestine 10 and it could easily fetch $7Mil a year on the open market...
Wilson: Ok well thanks for the info... So Mike, what are you asking for?
Babcock: Well the expert said Im worth 7Mil, but im still ok with 5Mil
Wilson: Well yea, I mean, you can TRY and get that, but just cause thats what your valued at, doesnt mean thats what you get. I am a business here and there is overhead. I still have to sign at least 3 guys that shouldnt even be playing in the NHL for roughly 4Mil. So I can offer you 1.5mil Its more than fare...
Babcock: Nahhhh I really think Im worth 5
Wilson: Ill go up to 1.6, but thats it. Im taking all the risk here
Babcock: 5
Wilson: Cant do it, but thanks for stopping in
Babcock: Aight, Im going to Toronto..

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What the fudge.... So Babs contacted SJ for an interview --- then never went and is done interviewing with teams??

The San Jose Sharks have been given permission to interview Dan Bylsma for their coaching position, ESPN.com reported Monday.

The website also said Mike Babcock was scheduled to speak with the Sharks this week to discuss a possible future with the organization, but Babcock said he is done speaking with teams. It is unknown if he interviewed with the Sharks.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Latest rumors by at least 3 sources are that SJ isnt willing to pay what Babs is looking for and Buffalo & Toronto are willing to pay $5mil per year.... LOL wow, turns out my Pawn Star spoof post with just random numbers/teams is turning out to be true lol... If this is true, im done with this team until Plattner & Wilson are gone...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh I always take those rumors with a grain of salt if there's one thing wilson has proven over time is that he's always pulled stuff out of nowhere. So until it's reported on TSN I say its shenanigans

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow allegedly a deal is being worked out with the Sabres right now, clearly all about the money

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow allegedly a deal is being worked out with the Sabres right now, clearly all about the money

lol hows that grain of salt working??.... No shit its about the money... Did anyone here actually believe that Doug & Plattner wouldnt fuck it up?? When a guy like Babcock contacts YOU, you fucking sign him. No ifs ands or butts...
Did you guys honestly believe all media outlets got it wrong that Babcock never interviewed with SJ when he was suppose to - it was a major red flag that the 2 shitheads up top of this organization fucked it up before it even happened...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Buffalo & Toronto offer you 5Mil and SJ does some lowball ass offer - prob the same offer tehy will give to any coach they interview, are you really gonna choose SJ?? No... And if toronot & buffalo offer you the same amount, your clearly gonna goto Buffalo who at least has some young talent... So its not entirely about the money... its about a team giving you what you the freedom you want to build a team the way you want, with young talent (or some talent) and paying you what you deserve....

Dont even TRY to make this out as Babcock being greedy....

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Babcock is going to the Leafs for an 8-year/$50 mil deal... So he got around $6.25/year.

and the Sharks have a bag of limp dicks...

shocking.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow 50 Mill, i almost understand why they didnt make a bid for him. Still fucking stupid not to try and only further cements the belief that this franchise has ZERO intention of ever competing for a stanley cup their goal isnt to win a Championship their goal is to keep asses in seats. I cant remember which departing UFA said it about San Jose, but he is right its not a championship organization nor do they want to be

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow 50 Mill, i almost understand why they didnt make a bid for him. Still fucking stupid not to try and only further cements the belief that this franchise has ZERO intention of ever competing for a stanley cup their goal isnt to win a Championship their goal is to keep asses in seats. I cant remember which departing UFA said it about San Jose, but he is right its not a championship organization nor do they want to be

LOL now I look like an ass from my previous statment bout Buffalo --- you were correct, it was bout the money haha - but your point is still true. make a bid. And believe the guy is worth 8yrs 50 mil in a gm/coach role... its basically 4mil as a coach & 4 mil as a GM...

San Jose is now in the dark days ala Wirtz Sr & The Eric Daze era in chicago...

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh that would be awesome...isn't this the big mouth who trashed Hertl for his between the legs goal of the year last year? Hertl had enough issues this year and no need to bring this dick in who finds a way to criticize a player in a 4 goal game. Plus compare his coaching to Trotz this year in Washington. No comparison. Another Dallas Eakins over his head.

You can already tell Dougie had no plan when TMac was let go. Let's start interviewing everyone else's trash. Find the one who is the most desperate and sign him cheap.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess Danny balsamic is rumored to be the guy coming to sj now after blowing the Babcock sweepstakes. Just lose baby should be the new creed