• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach Derek Fisher said he told Carmelo Anthony the Knicks will be better next year

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of Carmelo Anthony's goals in free agency is to put himself in position to compete for an NBA championship.

That would appear to be one knock against the New York Knicks' pursuit of Anthony. The Knicks won just 37 games with Anthony last season.

But Knicks head coach Derek Fisher said Tuesday that he has assured Anthony that the Knicks will be "a better basketball team" than they were last season, according to published reports.

Fisher, team president Phil Jackson and general manager Steve Mills met with Anthony and his representatives in Los Angeles last Thursday to offer their sales pitch to the free agent.

Fisher, speaking in Las Vegas at the team's summer league practice on Tuesday, said he gathered during the meeting that one of Anthony's top priorities is to put himself in a winning situation. And the first-year coach made it clear to Anthony that he felt the Knicks could turn things around in 2014-15.

"He wants to win, wants to be successful," Fisher told reporters of Anthony. "The time I had the visit with him I just shared with him we'll be a better basketball team because we'll play the game a better way, play as a team, play with a system and format to allow the game to be easier for him for him and his teammates.

Source: ESPN

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I doubt Fish was going to say: "We're gonna suck next year". Pretty sure the Lakers told him all about how quickly they'll turn things around too and I'm sure Kobe's been telling him he bought bionic legs.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just talked to kobe, he said the lakers would be better next year also. knicks/lakers finals is on the way

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just talked to kobe, he said the lakers would be better next year also. knicks/lakers finals is on the way

:lol: Kobe would think he could win a title with the Bucks roster. I love his confidence, even if it borders on delusion at times.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact that Melo thing has dragged out is a bad sign for Laker hopefuls. Most likely he will resign. Though the Lebron situation for all teams mentioned is becoming very interesting...

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know Lakers will go all out with Plan B FA's if Melo doesn't sign...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the fact that Melo thing has dragged out is a bad sign for Laker hopefuls. Most likely he will resign. Though the Lebron situation for all teams mentioned is becoming very interesting...

Could be a good sign if he's torn between the two franchises. Part of me thinks he's waiting to announce until when he can officially sign the contract tomorrow. That way he can just be done with it and not hear all the voices if he made an earlier decision.

I read that KD told Melo this week that he highly endorses Fisher. I don't think KD wants to see Melo in a Lakers uniform.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like all the other chips fall as soon as LBJ chooses his team

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a good sign if he's torn between the two franchises. Part of me thinks he's waiting to announce until when he can officially sign the contract tomorrow. That way he can just be done with it and not hear all the voices if he made an earlier decision.

I read that KD told Melo this week that he highly endorses Fisher. I don't think KD wants to see Melo in a Lakers uniform.

I look at it like a bad relationship, the longer you take to decide the more likey you are to go back. Fucking KD lol. Well of course he would want Melo in NY to rot meanwhile Pau would most likely sign with Thunder, that sneaky SOB.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Kobe would think he could win a title with the Bucks roster. I love his confidence, even if it borders on delusion at times.

It's called having a big head, and he is bordline fathead :laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know Lakers will go all out with Plan B FA's if Melo doesn't sign...

It is still LA, but they will be in a strictly rebuilding phase. They could go out and some players but it would be key to get young, potential guys

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still LA, but they will be in a strictly rebuilding phase. They could go out and some players but it would be key to get young, potential guys

I don't think there is much quality out there that would willing to sign short term with the Lakers. If they don't land Melo, they'll want to have this same cap flexibility next summer. Mitch has preached patience.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There really only seems to be 2 solid reasons for 'Melo to be holding off. Either he truly is as torn as they are saying he is, or he's waiting to see what Lebron does and if he can go where Lebron goes.

Maybe a little of both?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. what was fish gonna say were gonna be alot worse then last year. he would be fired before he his first game if he said that