• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland Cavs vs Boston Celtics

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
16.7ppg, 5.4apg, and 4.6rpg after the All Star break but he's just a rotation guy? LOL.

23 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 5 steals vs the Kings.

26 points and 6 assists vs the Mavs.

21 points and 9 assists vs the Nuggets.

20 points and 6 assists vs the Clippers.

27 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists vs the Blazers.

18 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds points, 9 assists, and 6 rebounds vs the Wolves.

And that's just the last 2 weeks of the regular season. But, he's just a rotation player, huh?

:pound:

Again- I think Clarkson has value. I watched him play vs. the Cavs. To get a guy who can be a rotation player in the 2nd round is a big victory.

But look at clarkson- as i said- he is 4 months younger than Kyrie Irving- and this is Kyrie's 4th year in the league. He stayed in school a long time- and was able to adjust more quickly to the NBA because of it-

Again- this is where it gets ridiculous. I am not saying Clarkson is bad.

He is not a point guard. He is not a shooting gaurd- he is somewhere in between- to me he sure seems like a Dion Waiters type without the amazing athleticism with a better feel for the game.

If I am Boston or Utah do i trade Smart or Exum for him, or - probably not.

The only teams the Lakers beat the last few months were garbage teams- Minne, 76'ers, Detroit etc.........

If i were you DJ- i would PROBABLY wait a little longer and let him get a little more success then putting up stats that wouldnt make him a top 20 PG for a really lousy team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson looks legit. We will see how he holds up over an entire season as a starter. But I watched a good deal of this kid the last two/three weeks cause I picked him up in my money fantasy basketball league. I get why the Laker fans are happy with him. But trojan brings up a good point.. is it just because the team sucks.. or is he legit? I vote for the latter, but only an upgraded team will show.
its probablya little bit of A and a little bit of B

its obvious he has a spot in the league- which is no sure thing for most 2nd rounders

Point Guard is by FAR the most loaded position in the league---just look a list off the top of my head how good the position is

1. Curry
2. Westbrook
3. Paul
4. Kyrie
5. Wall
6. Parker
7. Conley
8. Lowry
9. Lillard
10. Rose
11. Teague
12. Dragic
13. K. Walker
14. Lawson
15. Rubio

Thats not even counting pretty good guys likeBrandon Knight, MCW, Brandon Jennings, Greg Hill, Jrue Holliday, rajon rondo, Patrick Beverely- and young guys like Exum, Smart, Payton,

think of that list

who on that list is Clarkson better than? who CAN he become better than?

In the best case scenario that even the most homerific Lakers fans can envision- does anyone see him as someone that could bounce one of those guys out of the top 10?

He would have to be DAMN good just to be a top 20 point guard with how the league is stacked at that position---- Brandon Knight is good and its taken him a while , Jennings on the Pistons was playing GREAT this year before being injured-

Just where do you think this guy ends up DJ? You think he is Lillard? or Lowery or Conley? do you know how unlikely that is? how hard that is?

I dont want to piss on your parade- because as i said- its a great find- if he settles into a role as a 6th man who comes in and fires up the offense that would be great for a guy like him. Being an elite player at the point guard position in the NBA? Now that is HARD to do.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a fucking break. Cavs fans, especially Wiggy, have been on here talking shit all season long. Wiggy has gone so far as to make fun of and laugh at other teams injury issues (specifically the Cavs and Bulls). No one has said they hope any of the Cavs get hurt. All anyone has said is basically that they aren't going to feel sorry for the Cavs if Love is out long term. Just as I'm sure Cavs fans wouldn't be feeling sorry for the Bulls if they lost an important player on their team.

And calling for retaliation? Of course people are calling for retaliation, that's how it works. You do shit like Perkins and Smith did and people are going to call for retaliation. No one called for injury to any Cavs players, they just said that the Celtics should retaliate.

And before you say "they weren't calling for retaliation against Perkins." Of course not. The Celtics would pay the Cavs to keep Perkins in. Think about it. If the Celtics pulled Jonas Jerebko off of the end of their bench and told him to go clobber Lebron or Kyrie, would you want the Cavs to retaliate against Jerebko or against a player with the the same level of importance to the Celtics?

I agree with bks. If you don't like the non-Cavs fans on here, then go hide on the Cavs team board. Or grow a thicker skin, because with all of the shit that was thrown at Heat fans from 2010-2014 and all of the shit that gets thrown at Lakers fans, you're not going to get much sympathy on the main board.

A - Show me where I have talked shit about the Heat one time this season. Show me one time where I have said anything about the rash of injuries the Heat faced this year except that it sucks and I wish they didn't happen so we could've seen what they would have done (especially in the playoffs with Bosh and Goran).... let alone laugh or make fun of them.

B - Like I told BK... I don't have an issue with you guys saying what you're saying. I don't need to get a thicker skin or go hang out on an empty Cavs board. I enjoy the dialogue. I'm simply calling out what I see happening and I'll always do that. Even when I disagree with posters I often learn something or see a new perspective. Sometimes it even results in my changing my stance.

C - You realize that what Perk did was the retalliation, right? I'm guessing you guys are all applauding Perk for his actions, then?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing 2 weeks for Love. Obviously bad timing facing the Bulls. The Bulls already had a legit shot at taking the series... this only helps them.

Often lost in Miami's 2013 championship run was the fact that Bosh was injured and they played most of the ECF against Boston without him.

If the Cavs can pull together and take care of the Bulls without Love it will be a huge test of adversity that would serve them well going forward. That's my attempt to look at the positive side of things.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A - Show me where I have talked shit about the Heat one time this season. Show me one time where I have said anything about the rash of injuries the Heat faced this year except that it sucks and I wish they didn't happen so we could've seen what they would have done (especially in the playoffs with Bosh and Goran).... let alone laugh or make fun of them.

B - Like I told BK... I don't have an issue with you guys saying what you're saying. I don't need to get a thicker skin or go hang out on an empty Cavs board. I enjoy the dialogue. I'm simply calling out what I see happening and I'll always do that. Even when I disagree with posters I often learn something or see a new perspective. Sometimes it even results in my changing my stance.

C - You realize that what Perk did was the retalliation, right? I'm guessing you guys are all applauding Perk for his actions, then?

A. I didn't say YOU talked any shit. I said Cavs fans, especially Wiggy. You're not a Cavs fans, you're a Lebron fan. Of course, you haven't talked shit about the Heat, you were Heat fan as recently as last season. Sorry, but if you're going to follow a specific player from team to team, you get the blowback that their idiots fans like Wiggy generate. Especially when you make a whiney post about it.

B. You need a thicker skin or to quit crying because people don't like the Cavs or Lebron. Get over it. People don't like him and they don't like the Cavs. It's what happens when you have a team that's good enough to challenge for a title and have the best player on the planet on your team. Heat fans spent the last 4 seasons dealing with it and Lakers fans have dealt with it a time or 2 over the years.

C. Perkins had nothing to retaliate against. There was no ill intent on Olynyk's part. They got tangled up going after a loose ball and Love got hurt, it happens. It was no different than going up for a rebound or layup, landing on someone's foot and spraining your ankle. So no, no one is applauding what Perkins did because it was unnecessary.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. I didn't say YOU talked any shit. I said Cavs fans, especially Wiggy. You're not a Cavs fans, you're a Lebron fan. Of course, you haven't talked shit about the Heat, you were Heat fan as recently as last season. Sorry, but if you're going to follow a specific player from team to team, you get the blowback that their idiots fans like Wiggy generate. Especially when you make a whiney post about it.

B. You need a thicker skin or to quit crying because people don't like the Cavs or Lebron. Get over it. People don't like him and they don't like the Cavs. It's what happens when you have a team that's good enough to challenge for a title and have the best player on the planet on your team. Heat fans spent the last 4 seasons dealing with it and Lakers fans have dealt with it a time or 2 over the years.

C. Perkins had nothing to retaliate against. There was no ill intent on Olynyk's part. They got tangled up going after a loose ball and Love got hurt, it happens. It was no different than going up for a rebound or layup, landing on someone's foot and spraining your ankle. So no, no one is applauding what Perkins did because it was unnecessary.

A/B - You are seeing "whining" and "crying" where there isn't any.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You beat me to it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A/B - You are seeing "whining" and "crying" where there isn't any.

Pretty much everyone is seeing that in your post. You may not think you were whining and crying, but that's exactly how it came off.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing 2 weeks for Love. Obviously bad timing facing the Bulls. The Bulls already had a legit shot at taking the series... this only helps them.

Often lost in Miami's 2013 championship run was the fact that Bosh was injured and they played most of the ECF against Boston without him.

If the Cavs can pull together and take care of the Bulls without Love it will be a huge test of adversity that would serve them well going forward. That's my attempt to look at the positive side of things.

Heat lost Bosh during a series, lost the next 2 games , but then between coaching and talent figured it out.

Of course this hurts the Cavs, but at least they know up front what the situation is and have near a week to prepare.

If the Bulls can't win this series, then they need to break up whatever they think they have.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again- I think Clarkson has value. I watched him play vs. the Cavs. To get a guy who can be a rotation player in the 2nd round is a big victory.

Yeah, that's kind of how I see him. If the kid becomes something close to a Michael Cooper or Derek Fisher level contributor (both 2nd round picks) I will be very happy and would still consider him the steal of the 2014 draft. If he exceeds that, then it becomes an even bigger win for the Lakers.

Only time will tell though.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently if the Bulls win tonight... Bulls/Cavs starts Saturday

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone is seeing that in your post. You may not think you were whining and crying, but that's exactly how it came off.
Fair enough, point taken

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe it didn't occur to me... but in a weird way this might make Love decide his future with the Cavs right now. If he wants to move on this offseason... it would be stupid for him to risk coming back too early from this injury.

I don't like that because I was hoping a deep playoff run would be the difference in him wanting to stick around.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so bad for Kevin Love. All the crap he has taken this year. Back seat role. Then gets hurt like this on what to me looked a bit dirty.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't believe it didn't occur to me... but in a weird way this might make Love decide his future with the Cavs right now. If he wants to move on this offseason... it would be stupid for him to risk coming back too early from this injury.

I don't like that because I was hoping a deep playoff run would be the difference in him wanting to stick around.

any of those Celtics fans that were holding out hope Love would go there can pretty much flush that deuce down the toilet.

It sucks that it can at the expense of Kevin Love getting injured- but this whole incident is giving the Cavs an edge and a toughness that they have not had to go through since January when post-trades and Bron coming back they played the best ball in the league.

The lineup of Kyrie, Shumpert, Bron, Thompson, Mozgov is going to be very tough defensively. They will need some of the vets to show up off the bench during the series- especially the first couple games.

I bet Mike Miller gets some run and earns his paycheck for the year in one game.

LeBron mostly coasted through last round- he didnt have to pull out his top end effort. With all this BS, and a whole week off- look for him to be rested and with an edge to him. Kyrie too. Thompson.

I was worried about Chicago because of their depth and the edge they play with- with how Noah said he wanted the Cavs- and i was worried the cavs as favorites would not bring that same intensity.

thats off the table now. I expect the Cavs to go in razor-sharp with an underdog mentality. If this is what Chicago really wanted- they are gonna get it. And personally- I will be excited to watch that lineup D up vs. the Bulls.

mick7-1961

Commerce Comet
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CELTICS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CELTICS IN SEVEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls can't seem to close out the Bucks. That's better for us!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls can't seem to close out the Bucks. That's better for us!

Not necessarily. The Bulls starters have had very little time on the floor together this season. They actually needed a couple of extra games.