• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cleveland Cavs vs Boston Celtics

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston's main objective was to to revert to being the bums,as they were being dismantled & humiliated. If Cleveland had their usual starters play their usual minutes in the two games they played at the end of the year, the BUMS from Boston would've never made the playoffs. Their kid coach was heard at every time out to keep hacking the Cleveland players and he should be the one to answer for his tactics.

I hereby move that the Boston Celtics be immediately disbanded.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson is not someone that changes your franchise- and of course- a tony parker comes around once in a while-

if you want to rely on a 5% chance that a guy totally out performs his draft position- thats fine.

But- as decent as a player as Clarkson is- he is not changing shit- he is a guy that helps the eventual guy that changes things.

He's a rookie and only started half of the season but he was drawing comparisons to Steph Curry by the end of the season.

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Boy, Wiggy has gone full retard I see. I guess Hammer needed come company. I wonder where the Cavaliers would be if the league hadn't held their hand through the rebuild. Picking guys live A. Bennett no. !? :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Boy, Wiggy has gone full retard I see. I guess Hammer needed come company. I wonder where the Cavaliers would be if the league hadn't held their hand through the rebuild. Picking guys live A. Bennett no. !? :pound:

tell me where I am wrong.

The Celtics do not have one guy who can make an all star team- unless some how Smart learns to shoot.

you guys dont have one all star level player or high level asset -

If a premier guy came onto the trade market a team like Orlando- with no state income tax, a top draft pick, and young talented players like Oladipo, Vucevic- have WAAAAAY more to offer anyother team for a star

no player that i can ever remember who was a big time player ever signed a free agent contract to go to Boston.

tell me where I am wrong. I would love to hear it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a rookie and only started half of the season but he was drawing comparisons to Steph Curry by the end of the season.

hes a 2nd round pick that is isnt a point guard and doesnt shoot well enough to be a shooting guard. And steph curry wins games

I am sorry- i realize lakers have irrational hopes for this kid- when they really should just be happy they got a rotation guy out of a 2nd round pick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a good example to show your kids and tell them - "You see what happens to you when you smoke to much pot and crack?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see the injury, but Kevin love must be tough if he ran off of the court with a dislocated shoulder. Dwayne Wade needed a wheel chair and his banky.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Boy, Wiggy has gone full retard I see.

From what I understand, that happened looooong before he got here. Apparently, he was just as bad at whatever the hell website he came here from.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yahi have no clue what i am talking about

Bostons in great shape! teams with no all stars and a ton of late first round picks go on to contend for the NBA title all the time

Smart, Turner and Olnyk are the new Big 3.

smh

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, that happened looooong before he got here. Apparently, he was just as bad at whatever the hell website he came here from.
He probably came from the ESPN boards - All of them were in full retard mode on the general message board over there. The best posts was on the Lakers message board which saw more action than any other one.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes a 2nd round pick that is isnt a point guard and doesnt shoot well enough to be a shooting guard. And steph curry wins games

I am sorry- i realize lakers have irrational hopes for this kid- when they really should just be happy they got a rotation guy out of a 2nd round pick.

16.7ppg, 5.4apg, and 4.6rpg after the All Star break but he's just a rotation guy? LOL.

23 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 5 steals vs the Kings.

26 points and 6 assists vs the Mavs.

21 points and 9 assists vs the Nuggets.

20 points and 6 assists vs the Clippers.

27 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists vs the Blazers.

18 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds points, 9 assists, and 6 rebounds vs the Wolves.

And that's just the last 2 weeks of the regular season. But, he's just a rotation player, huh?

:pound:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wiggy:
16.7ppg, 5.4apg, and 4.6rpg after the All Star break but he's just a rotation guy? LOL.

18 points, 10 assists, and 7 rebounds points, 9 assists, and 6 rebounds vs the Wolves.

And that's just the last 2 weeks of the regular season. But, he's just a rotation player, huh?

Gonna throw up saying this, but Wiggy may not be wrong on that. While Clarkson was impressive, we don't know if he's a guy putting up good numbers on a bad team, or the real thing. It's too early right now to say he is anything other than a promising young player who may be a contributing rotation player or who could be a star in the making.

The early returns are positive, but even if he maxes out as a rotation player, he'll still be the steal of the draft and doing better than a lot of guys picked ahead of him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he played for the Cavs.....Wiggy would be singing his praises.....

FACT.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson looks legit. We will see how he holds up over an entire season as a starter. But I watched a good deal of this kid the last two/three weeks cause I picked him up in my money fantasy basketball league. I get why the Laker fans are happy with him. But trojan brings up a good point.. is it just because the team sucks.. or is he legit? I vote for the latter, but only an upgraded team will show.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy
Clarkson looks legit. We will see how he holds up over an entire season as a starter. But I watched a good deal of this kid the last two/three weeks cause I picked him up in my money fantasy basketball league. I get why the Laker fans are happy with him. But trojan brings up a good point.. is it just because the team sucks.. or is he legit? I vote for the latter, but only an upgraded team will show.

It's possible but I think playing next to a healthy Kobe would take some defensive pressure off him and he'd excel.

Just my opinion.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,766.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

18 points, 9 assists, and 6 rebounds vs the Wolves.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really, really want to get excited about this kid and I agree that it's likely the latter. But I don't want to put too much on the kid too soon. He got a lot of playing time and he absolutely made the most of it, but there is still plenty of room to grow and improve. I'd like to see them take a similar approach to the one they took with Kobe.