• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cincinnati vs Memphis

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, the city of Memphis has something to be proud of tonight.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that Memphis coach Mike Norvell after winning the biggest game in Memphis history and then at the same time the word comes out that he's headed off to Florida State. Biggest chicken shit move in the history of chicken shit moves. How is that going to sit with the players, you know, the ones he's been telling to go out and win for the team?

Nice stab in the back for your team, Norvell. All I can say, FSU, is that if Boise gets snubbed in favor of Memphis, we will remember! Just remember, Florida State fans, you just hired a whore.

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually so far it's sounding like he will

Yep thats what ive been hearing too. They should, let him finish out his career. Although FSU really needs someone to come in and save their recruiting class too

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep thats what ive been hearing too. They should, let him finish out his career. Although FSU really needs someone to come in and save their recruiting class too
Yeah. It's that early signing period fuckin shit up

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that Memphis coach Mike Norvell after winning the biggest game in Memphis history and then at the same time the word comes out that he's headed off to Florida State. Biggest chicken shit move in the history of chicken shit moves. How is that going to sit with the players, you know, the ones he's been telling to go out and win for the team?

Nice stab in the back for your team, Norvell. All I can say, FSU, is that if Boise gets snubbed in favor of Memphis, we will remember! Just remember, Florida State fans, you just hired a whore.
Such is the career path of the majority of coaches.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such is the career path of the majority of coaches.

Yeah, the real "classless" ones these days are the ones who leave without ever talking to his team...

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When he makes his official announcement today (Sunday) at Noon...He is going to say he will hit the ground
running to gather an outstanding recruiting class. He'll also talking about a great coaching staff, current players,
whatever...all the shit they usually say. You can read his announcement at Seminoles.com.

If Memphis wanted him to coach in the bowl game, I imagine nobody at FSU would object, unless he's
going to be up there the entire time. That ain't gonna happen. He starts recruiting today.

He is now the Head Coach at Florida State. Honestly, I doubt Memphis would want him to coach in the
bowl, knowing his mind is going to be on FSU. He's got 10 days to go before the early signing period.
He's got to be starting Now.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he makes his official announcement today (Sunday) at Noon...He is going to say he will hit the ground
running to gather an outstanding recruiting class. He'll also talking about a great coaching staff, current players,
whatever...all the shit they usually say. You can read his announcement at Seminoles.com.

If Memphis wanted him to coach in the bowl game, I imagine nobody at FSU would object, unless he's
going to be up there the entire time. That ain't gonna happen. He starts recruiting today.

He is now the Head Coach at Florida State. Honestly, I doubt Memphis would want him to coach in the
bowl, knowing his mind is going to be on FSU. He's got 10 days to go before the early signing period.
He's got to be starting Now.

We Boise State fans are used to it. G5 teams that win always have desperate big school boosters willing to spend millions to hire away their coach, hoping that this one will finally be "the one." I have a prediction, NolePride, if Coach Norvell is willing to walk out on his former team, he will treat his new gig as just that, a new gig. Don't expect loyalty, additional sacrifice, and a new dawn for the FSU program. He ain't Bobby Bowden. That train has already left the station.

FSU is now firmly in the category as a once great program willing to do anything to win again. They hired Willie Taggart from Oregon the same way. Of course, the Ducks were more than happy to see him go, now Seminole fans understand why. But I know, I know, this new one will be different. Yeah, right. Just tells me that FSU is willing to screw another program.

If I were a Memphis fan, I'd get it too. We feel for you. Dan Hawkins deserted BSU in order to become a perpetual loser at Colorado. Houston Nutt ran off to Arkansas, where he proceeded to lose and now is a pasty faced TV commentator. Chris Petersen showed a bit more class when he went to Washington, he didn't lie about it. And who knows, we may lose Bryan Harsin to the siren's song of more money, more glamour, more pressure. It would be ironic if Coach Pete comes back if Harsin leaves.

The good news? Boise State has figured it out. Build program, not pretty boy coaches. That way, when some losing school wants to hire a new hooker, we will reload, and keep winning.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Boise State fans are used to it. G5 teams that win always have desperate big school boosters willing to spend millions to hire away their coach, hoping that this one will finally be "the one." I have a prediction, NolePride, if Coach Norvell is willing to walk out on his former team, he will treat his new gig as just that, a new gig. Don't expect loyalty, additional sacrifice, and a new dawn for the FSU program. He ain't Bobby Bowden. That train has already left the station.

FSU is now firmly in the category as a once great program willing to do anything to win again. They hired Willie Taggart from Oregon the same way. Of course, the Ducks were more than happy to see him go, now Seminole fans understand why. But I know, I know, this new one will be different. Yeah, right. Just tells me that FSU is willing to screw another program.

If I were a Memphis fan, I'd get it too. We feel for you. Dan Hawkins deserted BSU in order to become a perpetual loser at Colorado. Houston Nutt ran off to Arkansas, where he proceeded to lose and now is a pasty faced TV commentator. Chris Petersen showed a bit more class when he went to Washington, he didn't lie about it. And who knows, we may lose Bryan Harsin to the siren's song of more money, more glamour, more pressure. It would be ironic if Coach Pete comes back if Harsin leaves.

The good news? Boise State has figured it out. Build program, not pretty boy coaches. That way, when some losing school wants to hire a new hooker, we will reload, and keep winning.

If Boise State had figured it out, they wouldn't be stuck in the MWC.

They would do what Florida State did as an Independent. They'd go out and play P5 teams and prove themselves
on the field of play...weekly. We didn't back down from anybody...AND we played most of them on the road.

When you're a school in the State of Florida you are never out of the mix of National attention and greatness.
You just need the right guy and 2 good recruiting classes and you can play with anybody. This state has
400 youngsters capable of playing P5 football in HS. Idaho is lucky to have 40.

Don't worry about us. We'll be just fine. Skill people grow on trees down here.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would do what Florida State did as an Independent. They'd go out and play P5 teams and prove themselves
on the field of play...weekly. We didn't back down from anybody...AND we played most of them on the road.

When you're a school in the State of Florida you are never out of the mix of National attention and greatness.
You just need the right guy and 2 good recruiting classes and you can play with anybody. This state has

And our 40 kicked your 400 this year, just saying'. And the MWC is the only choice available these days, not that we haven't tried. There are two things in the way, one geography, check out a map to figure out where Boise is. The second is money, Florida has more millionaires with more money than sense, back here, we have to work for it. Boise caters to ordinary kids who are willing to work hard, we don't have the money for those houseboat parties, high-priced hostesses, and fancy cars for the athletes, err, excuse me, their Moms.

Peace, bro.

Last edited:

TigersBleaux

Self-Deprecating
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,999.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree. The one thing Norvell proved at Memphis is that he can coach. Yes, Fuente was at Memphis before and was good his last two years, but Memphis was never this good and was not a built G5 program. It still takes a good coach to continue winning at a program.

At a relevant talent level playing field compared to his AAC conference peers, they have been consistently better than the rest. This is also the first year the team is compiled of all players that he recruited and coached, and he lead them to a Cotton Bowl.

I still don’t know how well he will recruit in Florida, but like you said, talent is a dime a dozen in that state, and the FSU program and assistant coaches will be doing most of the selling anyways. Nothing recruits quite like winning does either, so his recruiting numbers will organically improve if he can be successful in the first couple years.