• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian McCaffrey

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM just pointing out that saying our defense is so bad that we shouldnt even consider anything other than a defensive player in the first round is flawed logic. I think there is a better than even chance the best player available to us at 17 will actually be a RB or WR. And depending on what you think of a couple of them, it might even be QB. Throw in the fact that as is usually the norm, this draft is deeper in defense than offense, and Im just saying I wouldnt take RB or WR for that matter off the board. And the only reasons I take QB off the board is because none of the top prospects really impress me, and the fact that taking a QB would serve to simply throw the locker room into more possible disorder. If Im going to make that move, it needs to be for a guy who fits our offense, not one that we are either going to have to fit the offense around, or hope that he can adjust to what we got.

Oh trust me I totally agree with your first sentence. Saying we HAVE to take a defensive player is silly. But theres still plenty of other positions, AND realistically theres a decent chance a good defensive player is there. Something tells me Dalvin Cook wont be the only talented player available at 17.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my Iverson voice - "You talkin about dumpoffs?" White actually runs routes and goes downfield for mid-range catches. Thompson doesn't. And Edelman's basically filled that role in the past - though he's turned into a WR.

Lewis is a better comparison to Thompson - and he's not a particularly good receiver, imo.

Ehh. He still a lot of dumpoffs. Sure hes downfield more than Thompson but its not like hes David Johnson or Leveon Bell running routes here. I dont think hes really doing anything Thompson cant. White is a very average player.

I think Whites a better comp to Thompson actually. Lewis is the one guy out of the 3 who might be a special talent. He can make guys miss as well as anybody and I think is a much better receiver than White.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh trust me I totally agree with your first sentence. Saying we HAVE to take a defensive player is silly. But theres still plenty of other positions, AND realistically theres a decent chance a good defensive player is there. Something tells me Dalvin Cook wont be the only talented player available at 17.

Agreed. BUt something tells me if he is in fact the best player available, and we pass on him out of some sense that we have to take a defensive player, we will likely come to regret it. After all, despite the spin doctoring we have seen to make our RB performance seem OK, RB is still a need. So if he is actually the BPA, or one of the BPA at 17, you cant be upset if thats the pick based on he well we needed defense more principle.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. BUt something tells me if he is in fact the best player available, and we pass on him out of some sense that we have to take a defensive player, we will likely come to regret it. After all, despite the spin doctoring we have seen to make our RB performance seem OK, RB is still a need. So if he is actually the BPA, or one of the BPA at 17, you cant be upset if thats the pick based on he well we needed defense more principle.

I really dont think wed regret it. Thats the thing he can be the BPA and still not be the most valuable pick (which is what really matters).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont think wed regret it. Thats the thing he can be the BPA and still not be the most valuable pick (which is what really matters).

OH come on man, we got an all pro guard and people are still bitching we didnt take the D-lineman. If Cook is sitting there, and we draft say Brantley... who might turn into a decent, or even good D-lineman... but Cook turns out to be an all pro who gets drafted a spot or two behind us.... you dont think we will here on the quartly bitch report how we SHOULD have taken Cook.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehh. He still a lot of dumpoffs. Sure hes downfield more than Thompson but its not like hes David Johnson or Leveon Bell running routes here. I dont think hes really doing anything Thompson cant. White is a very average player.

I think Whites a better comp to Thompson actually. Lewis is the one guy out of the 3 who might be a special talent. He can make guys miss as well as anybody and I think is a much better receiver than White.
We were talking about receiving ability out of the backfield. White's one of the best in the NFL at this - and we saw that in the Super Bowl. White's averaged 10.3 and 9.2 yards a catch the last 2 seasons, and Thompson's averaged 6.9 and 7.1. White's got 9 TD's receiving vs Thompson's 4. And those stats don't include the SB. There's no comparison. Lewis is a nice player in a lot of ways, but pass-catching isn't his strong suit.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH come on man, we got an all pro guard and people are still bitching we didnt take the D-lineman. If Cook is sitting there, and we draft say Brantley... who might turn into a decent, or even good D-lineman... but Cook turns out to be an all pro who gets drafted a spot or two behind us.... you dont think we will here on the quartly bitch report how we SHOULD have taken Cook.

Im sure we would. But I dont really care. I dont base what we should do on whether or not people will bitch about it.

Theres also the possibility Brantley is the All-Pro and Cook is the decent or even good (or worse) RB. Or they both rock. Or they both suck. We have no idea. Bitching after the fact because one of them sucks and the other doesnt is just complaining we couldnt see the future which is just idiotic.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about receiving ability out of the backfield. White's one of the best in the NFL at this - and we saw that in the Super Bowl. White's averaged 10.3 and 9.2 yards a catch the last 2 seasons, and Thompson's averaged 6.9 and 7.1. White's got 9 TD's receiving vs Thompson's 4. And those stats don't include the SB. There's no comparison. Lewis is a nice player in a lot of ways, but pass-catching isn't his strong suit.

Disagree. White is fine. He does what NE asks. But he doesnt do anything on top of it. Im betting you could put Thompson in NE and get the same results. Just because we dont use Thompson exactly the same way the Pats use White doesnt mean Whites much better. Hes a good receiver for a RB, like Thompson. There are better receivng RBs than both of them though. Neither is spectacular.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ill also add. I dont want you or anybody to get the wrong idea about my reaction to us taking Cook. When we took Scherff I preferred Williams, but I was ok with the pick because i thought Scherff was a good prospect. Hes been a good player for us and ultimately the pick made us a better team. Cook is similar. Logically taking a RB with a 1st round pick just isnt a smart move. It doesnt maximize your expected utility for the pick (which again is the only thing that matters). Doesnt mean I dont like the player and think he cant make us even more dangerous on offense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO you cant compare McCaffery and CT. yes they are the same type of back but CM offers so much more to the offense. Defensive coordinators are not game planning against CT they will be for CM. CM brings way more to the table.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20/20 dean will