• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Christian McCaffrey

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017 Mock Draft | NFL Draft Countdown - Part 2

So Kiper and Countdown have us taking C. McCaffrey and McShay has us taking Cook. I think it's safe to say a RB at 17 is a real possibility.

So I will address the elephant in the room. How would you guys feel about drafting a white running back at 17. So many have flamed out in the past, and I think fairly or unfairly that is in some people's mind.

Now I grew up on John Riggins, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I didn't watch one Stanford game this year. Is this kid the real deal or is he hype? Son of a pro so I'm sure he knows how to be a professional, he killed it at the combine from all accounts and is faster than Cook and has better hands.

Thoughts?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trying to be pc, but... who cares? It's got nothing to do with anything. It's like saying - Should we pick someone who likes the color aqua - because stats show that left-handed RB's who like aqua don't run downhill well on 2nd and 4. Who the f cares? The real question is - should we pick a RB with the 17th pick - if he's the BPA?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my opinion, but the guy I want the most at RB is Joe mixon. I just think he has the most upside and potential of any running back in the entire draft

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what color a guy is as long as he can get the job done. As for the Riggins comp, Riggo was by definition a power back. Everything I read about McCaffery scream scat back and receiving threat out of the backfield. Now Im not against bringing in a guy like that. But i would prefer some one who on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line is pretty much automatic. I would like a RB that teams have to load the box on for fear that every touch is capable of ripping off 15 yards or more. Basically I want a power back. But I also wonder if Gruden would be able to adjust to using a true power back.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like McCaffery actualy. Couldn't care less about him being white. But....

I know I've mentioned several times how I feel about taking a rb at 17 and that still holds true. If anything though I'd just be even more annoyed at a McCaffrey pick because he may not be an every down back.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care what color a guy is as long as he can get the job done. As for the Riggins comp, Riggo was by definition a power back. Everything I read about McCaffery scream scat back and receiving threat out of the backfield. Now Im not against bringing in a guy like that. But i would prefer some one who on 1st and goal from the 5 yard line is pretty much automatic. I would like a RB that teams have to load the box on for fear that every touch is capable of ripping off 15 yards or more. Basically I want a power back. But I also wonder if Gruden would be able to adjust to using a true power back.
I wasn't comparing their style of play so much, just the fact that we shouldn't be scared off based on skin color.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Cook even though he flamed at the combine. He just seem's like an every down back. I really like Mixon and I would trust him to behave himself before I would trust Cook. Mixon reminds me of a Ricky Waters type but better, much better.

If they would just go get Hankins, Hodges, or Brown, I'd have no problem with RB at 17. McCaffrey looks good on tape, but is he closer to Chris Thompson or a guy like Waters, who was a 3rd down back but could take the punishment and be in there on 1st and 2nd, when given the opportunity?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My input , we haven't drafted a rb in round one in 50 years . And why the fuck do we have to bring up race ? 3rd. Kiper and mcshay haven't hit on our first round pick since the no brain RG 3,pick .

So I almost rule out rb. Because those 2 ass clowns say it will. Be

That being said we haven't drafted an ILB since moby dick was a minnow and I think reddi k is the choice

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I bring up race because for decades African American QB got a bad wrap. Moon had to go to Canada to prove himself. Sometimes I think even in the year 2017 there is a stigma about white WRS and RBS. Based off of the responses in this thread, that is not the case with this bunch, which is a good thing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go RB in round 1, but I understand why some would. I just don't think we will see as many RBS go in round 1 as some are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised to see only 1 go.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go RB in round 1, but I understand why some would. I just don't think we will see as many RBS go in round 1 as some are expecting. I wouldn't be surprised to see only 1 go.

Not dead set on a RB in round one. But I can see the appeal in a couple of guys who might not be there for us in round two. Agree that at some point we need to put real resources into the defense, but I would see a real game changer RB as a bang for your buck kind of pick. Meaning, we STILL need a shit ton of talent on the defense. A Stud D-line and MLB would get us from putrid to maybe middle of the pack.

A stud RB gets us from one of the top five in yards, to hopefully top five in redzone scoring again.

All that being said, if we took Reddick, and managed to get Brantley.... I wouldnt be upset.. though Im not 100% sold on Reddick as a day one starter because I do think there will be a transition period going from DE to ILB

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "only" reason McCaffrey isn't going to go high in the first is because he would likely develop nagging injuries
over his career "if" asked to carry the ball more than 15 times a game, not including touches.
It has nothing to do with him being white, LOL. There are a few teams that he will absolutely destroy the league on. I truly believe other needs and injury risk cancel him out of our 1st round board. We already know he will be a professional everyday based on his bloodlines.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So Kiper and Countdown have us taking C. McCaffrey and McShay has us taking Cook. I think it's safe to say a RB at 17 is a real possibility.

So I will address the elephant in the room. How would you guys feel about drafting a white running back at 17. So many have flamed out in the past, and I think fairly or unfairly that is in some people's mind.

Now I grew up on John Riggins, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I didn't watch one Stanford game this year. Is this kid the real deal or is he hype? Son of a pro so I'm sure he knows how to be a professional, he killed it at the combine from all accounts and is faster than Cook and has better hands.

Thoughts?

I think McCaffrey is a dual threat which would be an ideal RB for our system. However at 17, that would be a stretch. I getting a feeling more and more each day, we may trade back a few spot and pick an extra pick.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my opinion, but the guy I want the most at RB is Joe mixon. I just think he has the most upside and potential of any running back in the entire draft

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think McCaffrey is a dual threat which would be an ideal RB for our system. However at 17, that would be a stretch. I getting a feeling more and more each day, we may trade back a few spot and pick an extra pick.
I have no problem trading down to 19-24 range while picking up an extra pick. If we find a trade partner, this is where I likely take Mixon and go defense in round 2 & 3. I'm guessing (don't know point scale) the additional pick will be no higher than a 4th or maybe even a 5th?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?

First thoughts.......What do we then do with Chris Thompson? I love the concept of upgrading everywhere, I'm not yet ready to do so with our 3rd down back yet. Too many other holes to fill.

Second thoughts....about that "white" RB, Stanford's colors are white on white, ours Burgundy and gold, so he would lose his "whiteness" in favor of our colors right?:D

McCaffery is a good player, just not what we need right now.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chris proved himself late last year and will have an even bigger role this year. If they take Christian at 17 I assume they view him as a 20 carry guy. If not I expect them to pass.