• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Anderson Tweets

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 15 offensive commits in 2010/2011 (JRs/SRs) recruited before arrival of Dana Holgorsen, 8 never played a down for #WVU. (1/3)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 15 offensive commits in 2010/2011 (JRs/SRs) recruited before arrival of Holgorsen, Quinton Spain only multi-year starter. #WVU (2/3)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 15 offensive commits in 2010/2011 (JRs/SRs) recruited before arrival of Holgorsen, only 1 (Ivan McCartney) has 50+ touches #WVU (3/3)

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he is playing his young guys and to hell with those he didn't recruit. Shity coach or shity players?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We basically were on sanctions in 2010 and 2011. The recruiting is looking way up now but we are and will pay a steep price for the end of the Stew era and HCIW mistake for this year and prob a lot of next year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the 15 offensive commits in 2010/2011 (JRs/SRs) recruited before arrival of Holgorsen, Quinton Spain only multi-year starter. #WVU (2/3)

Pat Eger, Dustin Garrison are both Stewart recruits and multi year players.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, yet again, the effort to blame this coaching staffs woes on the previous coaches fails :lame:. Last year you kept saying the cupboard was left bare on defense, yet those same players who were juniors last year that played well in 2011, and are playing decent this year are the ones you said were no good last year. Rowell, Clarke, Rigg, and Cook are good players who were receiving VERY poor coaching last year. AND if you remember, there was a mass exodus of players the last two years, like there always is with a coaching change. Luck hired a dud of a coach in Holgorsen, most of us have seen it and can admit it. :gaah:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Eger, Dustin Garrison are both Stewart recruits and multi year players.

The quote from Chris was about multi-year starters. Eger has been a multi-year backup.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, yet again, the effort to blame this coaching staffs woes on the previous coaches fails :lame:. Last year you kept saying the cupboard was left bare on defense, yet those same players who were juniors last year that played well in 2011, and are playing decent this year are the ones you said were no good last year. Rowell, Clarke, Rigg, and Cook are good players who were receiving VERY poor coaching last year. AND if you remember, there was a mass exodus of players the last two years, like there always is with a coaching change. Luck hired a dud of a coach in Holgorsen, most of us have seen it and can admit it. :gaah:

Dad,

You may be right. Dana may be a dud of a coach.

However, all one has to do is look at the current roster. How many seniors do you see?

Who did Billy recruit at QB from '08-'10? Outside of Geno, who was left on the roster when Dana arrived?

Are you claiming Billy's recruiting left Dana with a full cupboard? What kind of depth was available for Dana on offense? What kind of depth was available on defense?

WVU has played 17 first time starters this season. 17.

It is not an excuse. The team sucks. But, how did Billy miss on so many recruits over his short time as HC?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, knock it off. Anyone with half a brain knew this was going to be a tough year. Anything over five wins was going to be bordering on a miracle. Last year we broke in a new defensive scheme and coordinator. This year we just have a new coordinator. Relax and give it some time.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad,

You may be right. Dana may be a dud of a coach.

However, all one has to do is look at the current roster. How many seniors do you see?

Who did Billy recruit at QB from '08-'10? Outside of Geno, who was left on the roster when Dana arrived?

Are you claiming Billy's recruiting left Dana with a full cupboard? What kind of depth was available for Dana on offense? What kind of depth was available on defense?

WVU has played 17 first time starters this season. 17.

It is not an excuse. The team sucks. But, how did Billy miss on so many recruits over his short time as HC?
because of the turmoil caused by fans calling the head coach names, and because of the new AD being hired, then the coach in waiting BS. A more important question is why THIS coaching staff, with an offense that makes QBs and WRs into stars, that has the full support of the AD, can not recruit players, and coach them to play.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question.

Dana had a good recruiting class last year, and he has been getting some good recruits for this year... filling some needs on the OL... a good QB.

But, Chris was addressing the issue affecting this year's team. When you have so many kids playing their position without being in the program for awhile, it is going to be tough.

A lot of this has to do with everyone's expectations. Obviously, there have been some coaching problems. But, it is hard when the QB you recruit to take over is lost after the 2nd game he ever played. Trickett is average at best. Tough to get the offense going when he keeps missing open receivers. Tough to get the offense going when WR's keep dropping balls.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanctions involved the loss of 2 schollies… self-imposed and agreed upon by the NCAA for the 2010-2011 academic year.

NCAA accepts WVU?s self-imposed sanctions following investigation of program | CollegeFootballTalk
No no I meant it was LIKE being under severe sanctions (my mistake). The recruits either never made it here or are gone. Its stunning when you read the list of offensive players that we have lost, I know the argument is that it happens everywhere, but I don't think it happens THAT bad everywhere. We had a very bad two year cycle of attrition (not blaming either era, just a product of the change) and its killing us now.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because of the turmoil caused by fans calling the head coach names, and because of the new AD being hired, then the coach in waiting BS. A more important question is why THIS coaching staff, with an offense that makes QBs and WRs into stars, that has the full support of the AD, can not recruit players, and coach them to play.
Totally agree on the HCIW situation, terrible move by Luck and I think he would (if he hasn't already) be the first to admit that it was. Any QB of any caliber was off the table DH's first year here, they were already committed elsewhere and that's typical in a change year (see walk on Millard get). We could blame Stewart for not having QB's (and it would hold merit) but it doesn't change the fact that we are what we are NOW. Two things need to happen imo, 1.we need to be patient as a fanbase for a year or two (gonna be tough) and 2. Dana needs to coach to his teams abilities better until all of our talent gets here and matures.

We need to build from the inside out, the vital positions of Center/QB and Safety are all being played by guys that would have a very hard time starting for a top 25 program right now. They play hard (as is said every week and I believe Dana when he says it) but they are just not very good. Eger, Trickett, and Cook are three specifically where we need to upgrade. Is it all their fault? Of course not but the truth is they aren't good at their positions and their positions are very important to a football team, we need help. The good news is that help may be coming, Crest looks like a good one at QB, we lead on PA's best player (fingers crossed til signing day, we are battling PSU/PITT/BAMA ect..) Dravon Henry Safety, and we have a boatload of verbals from some good looking OLineman.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my buddy slaton is enamored with Cook, but I never saw it. Can the kid lay the wood? Sure can. Is he a good cover guy?

Same with Joseph. I will give Joseph some latitude, he is a true sophomore. But, his cover skills are poor as well. Continues to bite on the play action.

Is that coaching?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of things playing into why this team is struggling. A perfect storm of sorts so lets do the easy thing fans blame it on our third year head coach for every issue involving WVU football. Lets fire him after the season and get a true WVU guy in here and lets see him coach these guys up....of course if he has any success it will be with DH's guys and at teh first sign of trouble either a losing streak, margin of loss, or you just don't like the guy because of the color of his shirt lets get him out of here and start over in three years. I mean with all of our tradition of championships we deserve more...we have no time to let this guy grow into the roll of head coach, a couple more weeks of this and I doubt if WVU football will be around much longer, probably DH will personally shut down the program. We need a guy who can truly lead us through average seasons like a true WVU man does...you know like Don did for years.

I love WVU football.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB and Gold

I think patience is the key, but my fear is that the QB position will not be upgraded in time...unless we hit a major home run with Crest. I think all the positions around the roster should be solid next year with guys who have seen some considerable playing time...but if we do not have a QB who can run it...Trickett and Millard are not the ones then DH will be done after next year. I would give him two yeas, but i doubt with the change at AD he last past next if he does not at least win 8 games.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of things playing into why this team is struggling. A perfect storm of sorts so lets do the easy thing fans blame it on our third year head coach for every issue involving WVU football. Lets fire him after the season and get a true WVU guy in here and lets see him coach these guys up....of course if he has any success it will be with DH's guys and at teh first sign of trouble either a losing streak, margin of loss, or you just don't like the guy because of the color of his shirt lets get him out of here and start over in three years. I mean with all of our tradition of championships we deserve more...we have no time to let this guy grow into the roll of head coach, a couple more weeks of this and I doubt if WVU football will be around much longer, probably DH will personally shut down the program. We need a guy who can truly lead us through average seasons like a true WVU man does...you know like Don did for years.

I love WVU football.
:nod:Guilty as charged, when it comes to my Mounties I want it all ,and I want it now....;)