• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Anderson Tweets

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my buddy slaton is enamored with Cook, but I never saw it. Can the kid lay the wood? Sure can. Is he a good cover guy?

Same with Joseph. I will give Joseph some latitude, he is a true sophomore. But, his cover skills are poor as well. Continues to bite on the play action.

Is that coaching?
Chris Anderson over at 247 has mentioned it since day one," having Cook and Joseph back there at the same time is asking for trouble" and he is spot on. Having one hard hitter/ not so good cover guy peeking in the backfield can be hidden, having two? Forget about it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the WVU fanbase needs to quit living in the past. Too many fans were under the belief that BE football was good football. I read so many comments from WVU fans about all of the big BCS bowl wins WVU had.

But, that was one game. One game after almost 5 weeks off.

However, it is a different beast when you have to play this kind of schedule against tough team week in and week out. It takes its toll... especially on the psyche.

The days of having WVU get up for 1-3 games per year are over. The days of getting by with a rotation of just 42 players are over.

The jump to the Big 12 is more difficult than I imagined. I will be the first to admit it. But, when I watched our defense go up against Baylor last year in our first ever Big 12 game... I looked at their WR's... and I looked at our secondary... and I said... uh oh!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for fans to be patient with a HC who is unproven. Everyone is sure he is unqualified.

I find it funny to read so many responses... like the offense sucks... he can't coach his players.

Reading Dana's comments following the KSU game, it sounds like he is surprised his offense is struggling. He was confident that he and his staff could get these guys up to full speed just like he has done everywhere before.

I know I thought the next guys would get plugged in and produce.

Didn't happen.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think communication with the QB has just killed us this year....our offense does not look smotth like the last two years....Trickett IMO does not and will not put the time in to learn this offense...maybe he does this off season, but damn he was missing open guys all day long.

Then you have White who one play looks like Bruce Irvin running down the field with the ball, the next play ball bounces right off his hands, same with Carswell, Thompson seems to be picking up his game. On paper White, Thompson, and Carswell look like a solid rec corps with the mixture of speed, size, and quickness...just need to get more consistent..

O line I do not know what to think of, they seemed to give Trickett time for the most part, some running lanes were there...missed a lot of blocks that would have broke plays open in space...couple of those screens should have gone for scores with one more block. Things exp will help with.

I still believe he will turn this thing around and it will only make us better moving forward, 3-5 at this point is what most people had us at anyway just with a different mixture of wins and L's.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more WVU fans would be patient with this staff if the blowout losses weren't becoming so regular.

It is one thing to see a team improving with time. Another to see a team get shut down repeatedly.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along the same lines as Chris' tweet from yesterday... here is one from Chris Lambert today...

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]394840386893406209[/MEDIA]"]33m[/ame]
23 of WVU's 45 recruits of the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes never made it to Morgantown.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along the same lines as Chris' tweet from yesterday... here is one from Chris Lambert today...

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV 33m
23 of WVU's 45 recruits of the 2009 and 2010 recruiting classes never made it to Morgantown.

These were things i pointed out in that other thread...whether we like to believe it or not it is a reality...is it the cause of all of our problems "no" but it sure does not help.

I don't remember who it was on the CBS boards I was talking with this about, but we pointed this out before DH was even on the radar.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were things i pointed out in that other thread...whether we like to believe it or not it is a reality...is it the cause of all of our problems "no" but it sure does not help.

I don't remember who it was on the CBS boards I was talking with this about, but we pointed this out before DH was even on the radar.

Oh yeah... I remember it. Lambert started a thread asking me to respond to Billy not filling his classes. Lambert had jumped off the Billy bandwagon before me, so he was poking...

I made some kind of reference to size does not matter...

In regard to the QB issue, I was looking back to the RR years, and you would expect to have a JR QB to replace the graduating SR. But, this did not happen after Rasheed graduated. It did happen after Pat White graduated, but did not happen after Jarrett.

Billy tried to get multiple QB's after Geno, but one left after spring ball, and the other left after the fall season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think more WVU fans would be patient with this staff if the blowout losses weren't becoming so regular.

It is one thing to see a team improving with time. Another to see a team get shut down repeatedly.
:agree::agree::agree:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my buddy slaton is enamored with Cook, but I never saw it. Can the kid lay the wood? Sure can. Is he a good cover guy?

Same with Joseph. I will give Joseph some latitude, he is a true sophomore. But, his cover skills are poor as well. Continues to bite on the play action.

Is that coaching?

That is a good question...I guess when I look at Cook at the next level he is likely going to play Safety...you don't have to be the world's best cover guy back there...but you need to be able to support the run...and he can DEFINITELY do that....:nod:

Same with Joseph...his job is to support coverage and maybe asked to cover a TE...and that is a strong maybe...a Safety in coverage typically is running to angles to cover deep third...not too much man to man...if any...sure in some instances when you run a blitz with a corner you will be asked to match up a safety on a reciever...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the WVU fanbase needs to quit living in the past. Too many fans were under the belief that BE football was good football. I read so many comments from WVU fans about all of the big BCS bowl wins WVU had.

But, that was one game. One game after almost 5 weeks off.

However, it is a different beast when you have to play this kind of schedule against tough team week in and week out. It takes its toll... especially on the psyche.

The days of having WVU get up for 1-3 games per year are over. The days of getting by with a rotation of just 42 players are over.

The jump to the Big 12 is more difficult than I imagined. I will be the first to admit it. But, when I watched our defense go up against Baylor last year in our first ever Big 12 game... I looked at their WR's... and I looked at our secondary... and I said... uh oh!
:10::agree:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is something that worries me with our fans. MANY of us are bottom line kinda people, did we win? No, were we close? No, the typical response "That coach sucks, Im not wasting my time watching". THAT could put DH (or any coach) out the door faster than he should be if enough of that happens from the right people. I'll be the first to admit he has some growing up to do as a coach and in some of his decisions ect.. but to his defense this is a build job from square one, I didn't think it would matter who the personnel was when it came to his offense, I thought it would function at least ok until we got older. I was dead wrong.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something that worries me with our fans. MANY of us are bottom line kinda people, did we win? No, were we close? No, the typical response "That coach sucks, Im not wasting my time watching". THAT could put DH (or any coach) out the door faster than he should be if enough of that happens from the right people. I'll be the first to admit he has some growing up to do as a coach and in some of his decisions ect.. but to his defense this is a build job from square one, I didn't think it would matter who the personnel was when it came to his offense, I thought it would function at least ok until we got older. I was dead wrong.

Hell… me too.

I was shocked with the W&M game results. And, after last week… I am finally lowering my expectations.

I ain't the brightest…

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sonny Randall.... er Dana Holgorsen as our coach, I have very low expectations. There has been little or no improvement seen through any of the three seasons he has been here. The perfect storm happened in the Orange bowl, and aside from that one game, I have seen NOTHING to convince me that we will see WVU back in any serious conversation about football nationally.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think you will have Holgerson around much longer anyway. Luck is all but gone to Texas as their new AD. When he goes Holgs wont be far behind. I really believe it is the QB position that is killing this season. Continuous doses of bad throws, bad reads, and poor decisions. If that problem was fixed, you would have a 7-5,8-4 Big 12 team.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't think you will have Holgerson around much longer anyway. Luck is all but gone to Texas as their new AD. When he goes Holgs wont be far behind. I really believe it is the QB position that is killing this season. Continuous doses of bad throws, bad reads, and poor decisions. If that problem was fixed, you would have a 7-5,8-4 Big 12 team.

I agree the QB's have not shown us much at all....DH has had guys with less than avg skills run his offense before, but these guys don't have the mental capacity to run what many call a simple offense. Hoping we hit a home run with Crest.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Sonny Randall.... er Dana Holgorsen as our coach, I have very low expectations. There has been little or no improvement seen through any of the three seasons he has been here. The perfect storm happened in the Orange bowl, and aside from that one game, I have seen NOTHING to convince me that we will see WVU back in any serious conversation about football nationally.

Well good thing is we weren't in those conversations the three years before he got here either...so he is keeping us on par...:laugh3:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again… how many ranked teams has Dana's Mountaineers beaten the last three seasons?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good thing is we weren't in those conversations the three years before he got here either...so he is keeping us on par...:laugh3:

Really???? I seem to remember some pretty good talk about the team that went to LSU and barely lost because a kid fumbled the ball, some good words spoken about the team that beat Auburn, the team that manhandled Oklahoma, the team that beat UNC to get the first four bowl winning QB ever, the team that beat #8 ranked sPitt to partially avenge 13-9, the team with a top ten defense. When WVU football is discussed on national TV now it is usually how the wheels fell off, the disarray, the once proud team that gets blown out every third game, why the offensive guru cant get his offense going, how horrible the play is.......come on, DC, things are bad, and getting worse by the week. This team is in shambles right now, something happened the middle of last season, and the team has not recovered. I am sick of hearing this no talent crap, a team with no talent does NOT go to Texas and win, a team with no talent does not pound Clemson, a team with no talent does not beat Oklahoma St. this team is having MAJOR moral issues, the players are not buying what is being coached, they lack confidence, chemistry, and leadership from the top.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remind me again… how many ranked teams has Dana's Mountaineers beaten the last three seasons?

FIVE

remind me again, how many unranked teams have blown WVU out the last three seasons??? SIX

How you can keep defending the indefensible is beyond me, the team is on a downhill spiral.