• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly to Florida?

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know he just signed a massive contract with the Eagles, and he is having a serviceable amount of success as a first year college coach in the NFL, but stating these facts, why wouldnt the man even look into the idea of being the HC of Florida? I will give my points and please feel free to give points of your own.

WHY: Perhaps of the the most prominent run spread offenses weve seen in college football, Chip Kelly did the unthinkable at Oregon after taking over for a legendary coach. Kelly set collegiate offensive records with average talent at best in Oregon. He often had to reach south in Texas to find his system athlete. Well that being said boys and girls, imagine what the man could do in the fertile grounds of florida, the southeast and holding a reputation of Texas recruiting! He could handpick the talent sustainable for his system and likewise the talent thats still there at Florida he could vastly more production than Muschamp and Pease could ever dream of getting. Kelly could bring in a solid D coordinator to run thedefense and Florida would show improvements within 2 seasons. I think a Chip Kelly coup would energize the Florida fan base and all of college football like none other. This move could also make the Georgia and Florida St. rivalry very intriguing indeed. if pulled off, this move would be legendary!

WHY NOT: What if Chip Kelly hates coaching college football? What if hos ego would hinder him from leaving Philly until he makes the playoffs or win a superbowl? The NFL is the ultimate challenge for a football coach, but wouldnt coaching in the SEC offer a challenge thats a notch below the NFL for a downtrodden team such as Florida? The monetary issues. Jeffrey Lurie the owner of Eagles is a very wealthy man, he has no ties to Fl. (unless some grandkids or nieces or nephews attend) Im sure if he wanted to keep Kelly in brotherly love town he would match whatever Fl offers. Could Kelly eventually become a more prominent NFL coach than a college coach? I dont know, only time would tell but ultimately its up to Kelly to decide that. Im just saying, if I was the AD at Florida I would personally make the call to Philadelphia , PA and see what the guy thinks.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing well in NFL. Could you see him become a NFL lifer? He did have success as a college coach. Besides I think he could make Florida really compeettive with the recruiting talent anf Florida financial resources. i think he was not a bad recruiter in his own right as well. He got a great eye for talent, turning guys that were not highly recruited into household college stars.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is making $6.5 million a year with the Eagles and has them set on course to win the NFC East and make the NFL playoffs in his 1st year as an NFL coach.

Couple that with Muschamp's $8 million buyout (at least I think that is what it is); will Florida be willing to make that kind of investment?

Chip's current contract is for 5 years and $32.5 million. Is Florida willing to up the ante? I would think they would need to offer something in the $8 million a year range in order to get Chip even interested. That is almost $2.5 million more a year than what Alabama is paying Nick Saban.

1. He won't come cheap, if at all
2. If you pay a coach $8 million a year, you damn well better be guaranteed he can win a National Championship or 2. Not sure Chip is a guarantee to even win 1 at Florida.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husker OC the price is really steep for coach Kelly and I agree that Saban should be the highest paid coach in football. I guess it comes down to how desperate Florida is willing to win. Are they Texas desperate where rumor has it were willing to dish $8 million $10 million for Saban services? Dont understand paying that much for a coach thats on the wrong side of 63 but maybe a coach that have the potential and relatively under the age of 50 well thats what our society calls a billion dollar business decision, only heavy hitters of society makes those decisions. Personally As follish as you guys may think I am. I would make that very move for Kelly cause I think he is the next best up and coming thing this side of Jim Harbaugh.

William Wallace

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any college team wants to hire Kelly next year, they have to get the NCAA's permission. Remember, he is on double secret probation.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dream. I would love to see Kelly come here. Muschamp needs to go. As I have stated in the past, the losses don't bother me nearly as his lack of control over his players. Their unsportsman-like conduct against Louisville last year along with Miami, LSU, and Georgia this year is an embarrassment that needs to be changed. Yesterday's loss might be a good thing if it convinces the AD that Muschamp is a poor leader of players. He has a reputation of being a good defense coach, however yesterday didn't show up much against a team that has no passing. Florida has as good of a overall sports program as any college in America and NONE of the other coaches would ever allow their players to behave as does Muschamp.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husker OC the price is really steep for coach Kelly and I agree that Saban should be the highest paid coach in football. I guess it comes down to how desperate Florida is willing to win. Are they Texas desperate where rumor has it were willing to dish $8 million $10 million for Saban services? Dont understand paying that much for a coach thats on the wrong side of 63 but maybe a coach that have the potential and relatively under the age of 50 well thats what our society calls a billion dollar business decision, only heavy hitters of society makes those decisions. Personally As follish as you guys may think I am. I would make that very move for Kelly cause I think he is the next best up and coming thing this side of Jim Harbaugh.

What is likely the bigger problem is that Florida's AD came out not all that long ago saying he was 1000% behind Muschamp.

Foley hired Muschamp all of 2 years ago, and would have to admit in his 3rd season as the Florida football coach that he made a mistake. An $8 Million mistake, and then turn around and hire a guy for more money than any other coach in college football history.

I'm sure Foley has a ton of leeway with Florida fans and boosters, but he has to be 100% sure about the firing of Muschamp and the hiring of the next coach. Especially if he is going to shell out $8 Million or more a year for the new guy.

While money isn't an issue at Florida right now, if you make enough bad decisions with dropping ticket sales and merchandise sales, you can get into the red much quicker than anybody ever thought possible.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any college team wants to hire Kelly next year, they have to get the NCAA's permission. Remember, he is on double secret probation.

Excellent point that I had completely forgot about his existing NCAA show cause penalty.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can sure tell Oregon has fallen hard since NOT one Oregon poster yet! They would usually swarm to a thread like this. They were all about anything Oregon and now :faint: :tape2:

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt realize that. How long will the probation lasts? Im sure if Pete Carroll decided to coach college again with the next two years at a small college with not much exposure ( maybe a Southern Miss example) I dont think the NCAA would waste their resources hounding him. Besides, A moneymaking program like the Gators, would it be in the best interest of the NCAA financially to restrict this hiring process from happening?, esp. if theres not a big media uproar that would bring unwanted attention to it.

BAMA801

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt realize that. How long will the probation lasts? Im sure if Pete Carroll decided to coach college again with the next two years at a small college with not much exposure ( maybe a Southern Miss example) I dont think the NCAA would waste their resources hounding him. Besides, A moneymaking program like the Gators, would it be in the best interest of the NCAA financially to restrict this hiring process from happening?, esp. if theres not a big media uproar that would bring unwanted attention to it.

I meant to prevent restrictions of the hiring process to happen. Esp. If Florida would have to ask NCAA permission. Im sure if the convo of Florida hiring Chip Kelly, Mark Emmert would prob be daydreaming of buying a new beachhouse in the pacific isles as a christmas gift to his wife while the business dealings are proceeding. Just too much money on the table for this not to happen from the NCAA perspectives.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Florida wants to run a spread type offense then hire Mike Leach from Washington St.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see him going back to college at this point due to his success in the NFL to this point.

Now, the question is, would he be having success in the NFL if he wasnt in a division in the NFL that wasnt filled with teams that cant seem to get our of their own way. Just a few short weeks ago, Washington was just thankful that the Giants were in the division so they wouldnt be the worst, and the Giants were on an epic slide and sucked out loud. Now the Giants are but 2 games out of a division lead. That lead being held by a 6-5 Philly team that has not looked special for the most part of the season and what can we say about Dallas except that its owner is Jerry Jones and thats the main problem with the Cowboys.

I think its safe to say that if he was in another division, he might not be having the success he is currently having and if a college team came calling, he might give it serious consideration, but not this year, it will take atleast two years for him to get a good taste and then he might bolt.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see him going back to college at this point due to his success in the NFL to this point.

Now, the question is, would he be having success in the NFL if he wasnt in a division in the NFL that wasnt filled with teams that cant seem to get our of their own way. Just a few short weeks ago, Washington was just thankful that the Giants were in the division so they wouldnt be the worst, and the Giants were on an epic slide and sucked out loud. Now the Giants are but 2 games out of a division lead. That lead being held by a 6-5 Philly team that has not looked special for the most part of the season and what can we say about Dallas except that its owner is Jerry Jones and thats the main problem with the Cowboys.

I think its safe to say that if he was in another division, he might not be having the success he is currently having and if a college team came calling, he might give it serious consideration, but not this year, it will take atleast two years for him to get a good taste and then he might bolt.

In 2 years he can get an actual defense to go with his offense and the Eagles will easily be the best team in the NFC East.