• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCHWARBY

It's almost comical. They bring him back after a year of him just doing weight room rehab because of violent double ligament tear.

In the WEEK he has between being cleared to swing and the fucking World goddam Series, he trains up on a damned pitching machine and Single-A pitchers. Single A. That's like, the nations semi-best high school pitchers.

What does he do?

Hits .412
He was 7-for-17, including 3-for-5 in Game 7, and hit safely in all four games as DH.

Oh and steals a damned base too.

That's just like fantasy land / disney fiction stuff right there

Should've been 4/5 in game 7

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians also clinched the division title and celebrated in Detroit. That was pretty cool too.

If only they could have figured out a way to equally embarrass the White Sox and Yankees, it might have just been a perfect season.

And Cleveland fans also got the full comedy benefit of probably the HOTTEST comic on the internet, tdougplayer. His comedic bits where he would ''guarantee'' Tiger wins and a Tiger ALC title....only to refuse to take on any BET put his way, was sheer comic genius. And that September 24 prediction...EPIC!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest i always thought a deal with Boston for a SP was possible......Dombroski loves dealing away prospects- and Boston has a bunch of good ones- even though they gave away a pretty good one for Pomerantz- which was beyond stupid in my point of view.

I mean- you guys started Clay Bucholtz in the playoffs......with that Boston payroll that is just inexcusable. I mean- you lucked out big time with Porcello having a year that was way over his head---- and still have ap retty shitty rotation- and this free agent market is practically the worst ever for SP.

i have no clue why they gave up a prime prospect for drew pomerantz...holy shit.

Thing about Espinoza is... he's not going to be in the majors anytime soon. There's no guarantees with pitching prospects at all, and he may not even be a starting pitcher if he makes it. It's not like Espinoza blew the competition away either. Obviously you have to put his performance into context (he was an 18-year-old in A ball, facing mostly college hitters). But even then...

Anderson Espinoza Register Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Which isn't to say I'm happy the Sox gave him up. He's still a very intriguing prospect. But right now, that's all he is is a prospect.

Sox had another young prospect in A ball by the name of Roniel Raudes. Like Espinoza, he's 18. He doesn't quite have the ceiling that Espinoza does, but Raudes had a damn good year (3.65 ERA and 8.3 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, 1.20 WHIP). They still have Groome and Kopech as well.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing about Espinoza is... he's not going to be in the majors anytime soon. There's no guarantees with pitching prospects at all, and he may not even be a starting pitcher if he makes it. It's not like Espinoza blew the competition away either. Obviously you have to put his performance into context (he was an 18-year-old in A ball, facing mostly college hitters). But even then...

Anderson Espinoza Register Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

Which isn't to say I'm happy the Sox gave him up. He's still a very intriguing prospect. But right now, that's all he is is a prospect.

Sox had another young prospect in A ball by the name of Roniel Raudes. Like Espinoza, he's 18. He doesn't quite have the ceiling that Espinoza does, but Raudes had a damn good year (3.65 ERA and 8.3 K/9, 1.8 BB/9, 1.20 WHIP). They still have Groome and Kopech as well.

I can't even describe how happy I am the Sox got Groome.

Kid is a STUD phsyically.

and all the mental stuff. I remember scouts liking Montgomery (yes the cubs Monty) "competitiveness" cause he was racking up technical fouls in HS basketball. lol

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this was posted earlier...

CHICAGO -- The city of Chicago plans to honor its World Series champion Cubs with a parade and rally on Friday.

The celebration will start about 10 a.m. when the official parade leaves Wrigley Field and heads for downtown Chicago.

The route will travel along the city's famed Michigan Avenue and then along Columbus Drive near Lake Michigan before heading to Grant Park. Fans are encouraged to line the route.

Officials expect the Cubs motorcade to arrive in Grant Park around noon Friday, when there will be a rally at Hutchinson Field. The rally and parade come two days after the team won its first World Series championship in 108 years.

The city says closed water bottles will be allowed into the rally and food vendors will be on site.

According to Nielsen, Game 7 was viewed by 40 million people, the most since Game 7 of the 1991 World Series between the Minnesota Twins and the Atlanta Braves. The games averaged about 23.4 million viewers, making it the most viewed World Series in 12 years.

Twitter also announced that more than 18 million tweets were sent about the World Series, including 10.5 million tweets during Game 7. Both are Twitter records for a World Series and an MLB game.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit...this is a pretty cool story....

GREENWOOD, Ind. -- A North Carolina man drove to his father's grave site in Indiana to listen to the Chicago Cubs win Game 7 of the World Series, keeping a pledge the men made to each other.

Wayne Williams listened to the Cubs' 10-inning 8-7 victory over the Cleveland Indians on his smartphone Wednesday night at his father's grave in the military section of Greenwood Forest Lawn Cemetery in suburban Indianapolis.

His father, also named Wayne Williams, was a Navy veteran. He died in 1980 at age 53.

The younger Williams told WTHR-TV he and his father had a pact: When the Cubs got into the World Series again, they would listen to the games together.

He kept his promise, sitting in a fold-out chair draped with a Cubs "W" victory flag.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kidna sucks considering how poorly played that game was.

I was hoping the casual fans would see a good, well played game.

I was laughing when the Cubs were saying it was the greatest game ever played. WTF?? It was a terribly managed game that should've been 6-1 Cubs win.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I fell asleep on the couch after in the bottom of the 9th. Congrats cubbies fans.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laughing when the Cubs were saying it was the greatest game ever played. WTF?? It was a terribly managed game that should've been 6-1 Cubs win.

The indians defensive and managerial miscues are why you scored more than 2 runs int he first 9 innings.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_5682.jpg

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Schwarber stole a base in Game 7 of the World Series. Just let that sink in.

That's about as likely as Babe Ruth getting thrown out trying to steal 2nd base for the last out of the World Series. Oh wait...

Considering the 1991 World Series was the greatest all-time, I'm not surprised that games 6 and 7 of that series topped last night. I'm also not surprised that last night drew a huge TV number. My pre-game guess was that it would rival the audience they had in 2001 for game 7, where while it was the Yankees, 9/11 was fresh enough in people's minds to make them a sentimental favorite.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to admit...this is a pretty cool story....

GREENWOOD, Ind. -- A North Carolina man drove to his father's grave site in Indiana to listen to the Chicago Cubs win Game 7 of the World Series, keeping a pledge the men made to each other.

Wayne Williams listened to the Cubs' 10-inning 8-7 victory over the Cleveland Indians on his smartphone Wednesday night at his father's grave in the military section of Greenwood Forest Lawn Cemetery in suburban Indianapolis.

His father, also named Wayne Williams, was a Navy veteran. He died in 1980 at age 53.

The younger Williams told WTHR-TV he and his father had a pact: When the Cubs got into the World Series again, they would listen to the games together.

He kept his promise, sitting in a fold-out chair draped with a Cubs "W" victory flag.

Cubs fans deserve it. They've been waiting two lifetimes for this.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to get the Hot Stove League a-rolling. Congrats Cubs.....but 'Time Marches On.'

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just waiting for doug's spot-on 2017 MLB predictions. I'm guessing it's gonna go something like this...

-the Tigers will wrap up the ALc before the A.S. break
-a Tiger will be named MVP
-a Tiger will win the Cy Young
-whoever the Tigers manager is will be manager of the year
-a Tiger will be rookie of the year
-the Indians won't win a game
-all hail Jim Harbaugh!
-the W.S. will be cancelled because all N.L. teams will be scared of Detroit's total awesomeness (someone mail next years title trophy to Detroit ASAP)
Wamu. You all sad today. Save it for 11-26. You be really sad then

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu. You all sad today. Save it for 11-26. You be really sad then

Not sad @ all. The Tribe surpassed all expectations I had for them this year. Hey...did your Tigers win the ALc? I don't remember.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sad @ all. The Tribe surpassed all expectations I had for them this year. Hey...did your Tigers win the ALc? I don't remember.

Don't worry OSU fans...the Buckeyes have a LOCK on that UM game. Write a WIN in Ink. Guarantee it. It is a sure thing.....dougplayer has picked the Wolverines to win the game. And that bozo hasn't made a correct prediction since he found his pecker.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry OSU fans...the Buckeyes have a LOCK on that UM game. Write a WIN in Ink. Guarantee it. It is a sure thing.....dougplayer has picked the Wolverines to win the game. And that bozo hasn't made a correct prediction since he found his pecker.

3184764_o.gif