• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Schwarber stole a base in Game 7 of the World Series. Just let that sink in.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would they have played Panik? 3B?
to be honest i always thought a deal with Boston for a SP was possible......Dombroski loves dealing away prospects- and Boston has a bunch of good ones- even though they gave away a pretty good one for Pomerantz- which was beyond stupid in my point of view.

I mean- you guys started Clay Bucholtz in the playoffs......with that Boston payroll that is just inexcusable. I mean- you lucked out big time with Porcello having a year that was way over his head---- and still have ap retty shitty rotation- and this free agent market is practically the worst ever for SP.

i have no clue why they gave up a prime prospect for drew pomerantz...holy shit.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest i always thought a deal with Boston for a SP was possible......Dombroski loves dealing away prospects- and Boston has a bunch of good ones- even though they gave away a pretty good one for Pomerantz- which was beyond stupid in my point of view.

I mean- you guys started Clay Bucholtz in the playoffs......with that Boston payroll that is just inexcusable.

Clay Buttholz.

lolz

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- you guys started Clay Bucholtz in the playoffs......

Thanks though, Wiggy. In my post-World Series loss malaise, I'd forgotten all out how much fun it was to watch the Indians sweep the Red Sox out of the playoffs, retire that juiced up Dominican muppet, and celebrate at Fenway Park.

I feel a little better now.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean- you guys started Clay Bucholtz in the playoffs......with that Boston payroll that is just inexcusable. I mean- you lucked out big time with Porcello having a year that was way over his head---- and still have ap retty shitty rotation- and this free agent market is practically the worst ever for SP.

i have no clue why they gave up a prime prospect for drew pomerantz...holy shit.

Yeah...I really don't have a defense for that.

I'm not gonna defend all of DD's moves. But I will say that the guy is'nt a bad GM. But he's definitely become more aggressive about moving prospects in a league that has been becoming less and less aggressive doing so.

It's an interesting conundrum. He also hasn't traded any real prospects that have burned him yet. Although Margot and Espinoza will test that.

margot is exactly the type of CF prospect you guys could use. Plus defender, plus batting eye (read: OBP baby!).

Between Espy and Margot they could've made a heck of a package for one of your arms. No question about that.

I'm really not sure what they're gonna do, tbh.

I think they're sticking with this rotation for one more year. Dice-Clay expires after 2017 and they'll have another year of evaluation for what they really have with Eddy Rodriguez Pomeranz.

Plus Kopech should be at AA by the end of 2017, so we can see what that kid of made of.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks though, Wiggy. In my post-World Series loss malaise, I'd forgotten all out how much fun it was to watch the Indians sweep the Red Sox out of the playoffs, retire that juiced up Dominican muppet, and celebrate at Fenway Park.

Francona managed circles around both Farrell and Gibbons this year. And frankly he out-managed Maddon for most of the WS.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francona managed circles around both Farrell and Gibbons this year. And frankly he out-managed Maddon for most of the WS.

Yeah, and I dislike Bautista and Donaldson, so seeing them wet their pants and complain about "circumstances" and having the Indians celebrate in Toronto were other postseason highlights for me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i take solace in the fact that hte Cavs ended Larry Legend's career once upon a time and the Indians ended Big Poopie's career.

Tom Brady's career will come to an end at the hands of a resurgent Cleveland Browns team sometime in 2020...book it! lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I dislike Bautista and Donaldson, so seeing them wet their pants and complain about "circumstances" and having the Indians celebrate in Toronto were other postseason highlights for me.
donaldson is a freak show......

bautista is gone....he will get paid way too much money by someone.--- not Shapiro though thats for sure. I have heard that Edwin Encarnacion is a very strong possibility to sign in Boston and replace Ortiz.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians also clinched the division title and celebrated in Detroit. That was pretty cool too.

If only they could have figured out a way to equally embarrass the White Sox and Yankees, it might have just been a perfect season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I really don't have a defense for that.

I'm not gonna defend all of DD's moves. But I will say that the guy is'nt a bad GM. But he's definitely become more aggressive about moving prospects in a league that has been becoming less and less aggressive doing so.

It's an interesting conundrum. He also hasn't traded any real prospects that have burned him yet. Although Margot and Espinoza will test that.

margot is exactly the type of CF prospect you guys could use. Plus defender, plus batting eye (read: OBP baby!).

Between Espy and Margot they could've made a heck of a package for one of your arms. No question about that.

I'm really not sure what they're gonna do, tbh.

I think they're sticking with this rotation for one more year. Dice-Clay expires after 2017 and they'll have another year of evaluation for what they really have with Eddy Rodriguez Pomeranz.

Plus Kopech should be at AA by the end of 2017, so we can see what that kid of made of.
it should all be about getting a playoff rotation for the Red Sox.....Price is of course really really good but we all know about his post season woes.....Porcello had a great year but is unlikely to repeat what he did obviously- that and stuff like his usually doesnt play great in the playoffs.....Eduardo and Pomerantz and Bucholtz are just not guys i would feel comfortable giving the ball in the playoffs.

how you go about replacing them in a free agent market where i think Rich Hill is the most highly rated guy is rpetty crazy

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i take solace in the fact that hte Cavs ended Larry Legend's career

Hey...fuck off!:D Thanks for the reminder. I was @ that game 7 back in '92.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it should all be about getting a playoff rotation for the Red Sox.....Price is of course really really good but we all know about his post season woes.....Porcello had a great year but is unlikely to repeat what he did obviously- that and stuff like his usually doesnt play great in the playoffs.....Eduardo and Pomerantz and Bucholtz are just not guys i would feel comfortable giving the ball in the playoffs.

how you go about replacing them in a free agent market where i think Rich Hill is the most highly rated guy is rpetty crazy

Eddy was a former top prospect and was dealing with a knee injury earlier in the year. When he got recalled he seemed to be putting it together.

Unfortunately he didn't have a chance to strut his stuff in the playoffs.

Plus they should get Wright back, who won't be an all star next year but can be a very solid 4/5 guy who can eat some innings.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just waiting for doug's spot-on 2017 MLB predictions. I'm guessing it's gonna go something like this...

-the Tigers will wrap up the ALc before the A.S. break
-a Tiger will be named MVP
-a Tiger will win the Cy Young
-whoever the Tigers manager is will be manager of the year
-a Tiger will be rookie of the year
-the Indians won't win a game
-all hail Jim Harbaugh!
-the W.S. will be cancelled because all N.L. teams will be scared of Detroit's total awesomeness (someone mail next years title trophy to Detroit ASAP)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddy was a former top prospect and was dealing with a knee injury earlier in the year. When he got recalled he seemed to be putting it together.

Unfortunately he didn't have a chance to strut his stuff in the playoffs.

Plus they should get Wright back, who won't be an all star next year but can be a very solid 4/5 guy who can eat some innings.
he seems like a poor-mans Bauer.......rodriquez.

yah they have a solid enough rotation for the regular season.....

for the playoffs though- the likely AL teams they might face- i mean- there rotation is def not very good.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for the playoffs though- the likely AL teams they might face- i mean- there rotation is def not very good.

a big piece they'll be getting back is Carson Smith in the bullpen.

Having him and Kimbrell back there may not be Miller/Allen or Davis/Herrera, but it's one of the top combos. When healthy.

I think the Sox go get another big arm in the pen as well. Sounds like Melancon. I love them targeting guys who don't have the QO attached to them. After the Pomeranz and Kimbrell trades they need to start restocking the farm.

I'm just not sure where they can get significantly better in the rotation this winter. Maybe Rich Hill, but that's a pretty expensive gamble. I'd rather give Buch one last shot for $13m.

There is no doubt in my mind that they were going to go all in for Strasburg this winter, his below market deal killed the Sox off-season plans.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eddy is more than 2 years younger than Bauer. The biggest concern for me was the drop in GB% this year.

Bauer's GB% spiked this year, which is good. He needs to get his K% rate back .

They are fairly similar although Eddy has had more big league success at a younger age.

I will take my chances with Eddy, but yeah, him and Bauer are on similar tracks. I do trust Eddy's mechanics more. Bauer could be much better if he would've been coachable about fixing that delivery.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a big piece they'll be getting back is Carson Smith in the bullpen.

Having him and Kimbrell back there may not be Miller/Allen or Davis/Herrera, but it's one of the top combos. When healthy.

I think the Sox go get another big arm in the pen as well. Sounds like Melancon. I love them targeting guys who don't have the QO attached to them. After the Pomeranz and Kimbrell trades they need to start restocking the farm.

I'm just not sure where they can get significantly better in the rotation this winter. Maybe Rich Hill, but that's a pretty expensive gamble. I'd rather give Buch one last shot for $13m.

There is no doubt in my mind that they were going to go all in for Strasburg this winter, his below market deal killed the Sox off-season plans.
is Kimbrell still good?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SCHWARBY

It's almost comical. They bring him back after a year of him just doing weight room rehab because of violent double ligament tear.

In the WEEK he has between being cleared to swing and the fucking World goddam Series, he trains up on a damned pitching machine and Single-A pitchers. Single A. That's like, the nations semi-best high school pitchers.

What does he do?

Hits .412
He was 7-for-17, including 3-for-5 in Game 7, and hit safely in all four games as DH.

Oh and steals a damned base too.

That's just like fantasy land / disney fiction stuff right there