• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu. Before you bend iffy over. Put a new depends on him. I assume you pitching. Iffy catching

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey doug.....why not change that phrase under your avatar to "I'm Never Right". or "I Don't Know Shit"

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better. I went to Eastern mich...I don't know shit. That would be a good 1

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad that MLB is finally over. :nod:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I slept for eleven hours last night. I think the cumulative effects of weeks of late nights and the emotional dump from Game 7 just wiped me out.

I'm feeling a whole lot better today that I was yesterday, and I'm achieving some perspective on the Indians' season. It was an amazing season with a lot of fun. From absolutely manhandling the Tigers all season, to sweeping the Red Sox out of October, bouncing the Blue Jays out in and the pushing the Cubs into extra innings of a decisive Game 7 of the World Series. There were a lot of good times, and my hat's off to the entire Indians' franchise.

They're also set up to be a damn solid team for the next three or four years, so maybe they can get another crack or two at a championship. It's tough though, because there's so much randomness in baseball.

People have said to me, "look what the Cavs did, they lost to the Warriors in The Finals with injuries, came back the next year healthy and won a championship." That's true, but it seems to me that basketball playoffs are more predictable than baseball in that the vast majority of the time, the better team will win a series. That's not the case in baseball, and that's what disappoints me the most about getting so damn close this year. The Indians could be the best team in the AL next year and there's no guarantee they'd make it out of the ALDS, let alone get to the World Series.

Congrats to the Cubs and their fans. It doesn't always happen -- hell, I don't think it usually happens -- but the best baseball team in 2016 are also Champions, and they broke that drought which has to feel amazing. They're also a young team that looks to have a very bright future. Here's to hoping we can get a rematch next year with two fully-healthy squads.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Indians also clinched the division title and celebrated in Detroit. That was pretty cool too.

If only they could have figured out a way to equally embarrass the White Sox and Yankees, it might have just been a perfect season.
:lebowski2:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I slept for eleven hours last night. I think the cumulative effects of weeks of late nights and the emotional dump from Game 7 just wiped me out.

I'm feeling a whole lot better today that I was yesterday, and I'm achieving some perspective on the Indians' season. It was an amazing season with a lot of fun. From absolutely manhandling the Tigers all season, to sweeping the Red Sox out of October, bouncing the Blue Jays out in and the pushing the Cubs into extra innings of a decisive Game 7 of the World Series. There were a lot of good times, and my hat's off to the entire Indians' franchise.

They're also set up to be a damn solid team for the next three or four years, so maybe they can get another crack or two at a championship. It's tough though, because there's so much randomness in baseball.

People have said to me, "look what the Cavs did, they lost to the Warriors in The Finals with injuries, came back the next year healthy and won a championship." That's true, but it seems to me that basketball playoffs are more predictable than baseball in that the vast majority of the time, the better team will win a series. That's not the case in baseball, and that's what disappoints me the most about getting so damn close this year. The Indians could be the best team in the AL next year and there's no guarantee they'd make it out of the ALDS, let alone get to the World Series.

Congrats to the Cubs and their fans. It doesn't always happen -- hell, I don't think it usually happens -- but the best baseball team in 2016 are also Champions, and they broke that drought which has to feel amazing. They're also a young team that looks to have a very bright future. Here's to hoping we can get a rematch next year with two fully-healthy squads.

That's all well and good, but at the same time, you outplayed them for MOST of the series and gave away the lats 3 games by playing like the bad news bears.

It's one thing if you just got swept or lost in 5. The Indians dominated this series and were in control, and had a lead in game 5.

Defensive plays that were of the little league, maybe high school baseball caliber cost them.

I don't call it a good season because Boston made the playoffs. I thought they were a better team top to the bottom than the team CLE threw out there (without Carrasco and Salazar, with them is another story). But they also didn't give the series away. CLE pitched great, Francona managed great and in a short series things happen.

But Games 5-7...ugh. Horrible.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all well and good, but at the same time, you outplayed them for MOST of the series and gave away the lats 3 games by playing like the bad news bears.

It's one thing if you just got swept or lost in 5. The Indians dominated this series and were in control, and had a lead in game 5.

Defensive plays that were of the little league, maybe high school baseball caliber cost them.

I don't call it a good season because Boston made the playoffs. I thought they were a better team top to the bottom than the team CLE threw out there (without Carrasco and Salazar, with them is another story). But they also didn't give the series away. CLE pitched great, Francona managed great and in a short series things happen.

But Games 5-7...ugh. Horrible.

That is funny.

Given the injuries, the Indians were probably the weakest team in the playoffs, yet they completely dry buttfucked the Red Sox and pushed the Cubs into extra innings of a decisive game seven in the World Series and you call it horrible.

Honestly, it's funny as shit.

I'm down, though. Let's party.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny.

Given the injuries, the Indians were probably the weakest team in the playoffs, yet they completely dry buttfucked the Red Sox and pushed the Cubs into extra innings of a decisive game seven in the World Series and you call it horrible.

The Indians were total badasses this Series, they came THIS close to stopping the juggernaut. Short handed and all. Those guys showed a ton of heart and that's why this Series is one of the best in recent memory.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all the talk about the ridiculously high ratings this Series got especially game 7, I wonder how much of it had to do with how shitty this election cycle is. Man it was nice to follow a national conversation about something positive for once.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if the Cubs reach out to Bartman's legal team during the off-season and offer him the chance to throw out the first pitch at the home opener next season. I don't think he'd accept, maybe preferring to take the same sort of route Buckner did and wait for the Cubs to win a 2nd WS before coming back to Wrigley.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny.

Their injuries had nothing to do with Guyer blowing game 5 or Napoli and Rajai costing Kluber runs in 7.

Idk why you keep trying to make this about the red sox. This has nothing to do with boston dude, stop trolling.

they didn't make any of those defensive mistakes against boston. Look at the relay in 1 game. Great play Perez there. Those plays weren't made in the final 3 games.

They're in good shape to come back, but as it has been discussed, no guarantee they'll get there. 2015 KC was like the 2nd team in 40 years to win the WS the year after they lost. It was amazing because they too horrifically choked in the series they lost.

But there really is no guarantee. So when you serve up the title on a platter for the other team, it's kind of an issue.

The Indians lost that series far more than the Cubs won it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their injuries had nothing to do with Guyer blowing game 5 or Napoli and Rajai costing Kluber runs in 7.

Idk why you keep trying to make this about the red sox. This has nothing to do with boston dude, stop trolling.

they didn't make any of those defensive mistakes against boston. Look at the relay in 1 game. Great play Perez there. Those plays weren't made in the final 3 games.

They're in good shape to come back, but as it has been discussed, no guarantee they'll get there. 2015 KC was like the 2nd team in 40 years to win the WS the year after they lost. It was amazing because they too horrifically choked in the series they lost.

But there really is no guarantee. So when you serve up the title on a platter for the other team, it's kind of an issue.

The Indians lost that series far more than the Cubs won it.

Me stop trolling...

Funny shit, son.