• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

....... CFP poll, Week 11

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn was gifted the game.
TCU was robbed in their loss.

While Ws and Ls definitely mean the most, we don't ignore what happened in those games when taking the 'overall picture' as you stated.

You don't have to state "if TCU had won, then I wouldn't argue." You don't have to type out the blatantly absolute obvious.

Oregon beating MSU is a way better overall picture win than Auburn getting gifted a game vs KSU playing the worst ball of the year. That's s no brainer "complete picture"

Was TCU not "gifted" in their win against WVU? Or does that not apply since it doesn't fit your narrative? WVU turned it over 5 times that game. And when comparing Oregon and Auburn you just conveniently leave out the fact they lost to Arizona who is a lot worse than Mississippi State is.

And no one team is going to look dominate every game. Oregon barely beat a terrible Wazzu team, or did you happen to forget about that too?

Best 1 loss resume right now is Auburn. I laid it out earlier for you.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G B1G B1G

(FYI, I don't care about ESPN 'metric' )

BUT " it would be better for ESPN if the B10 were GREAT!!" ( now lets make up a metric so the B10 looks like shit and then wonder why B10 fans say we are full of crap!!) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you agree with something I think that represents "spouting off." Got it.

If Bama wins out, they'll be in the playoffs. If they don't they won't.

So your bellyaching is wasted.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn was gifted the game.
TCU was robbed in their loss.

While Ws and Ls definitely mean the most, we don't ignore what happened in those games when taking the 'overall picture' as you stated.

You don't have to state "if TCU had won, then I wouldn't argue." You don't have to type out the blatantly absolute obvious.

Oregon beating MSU is a way better overall picture win than Auburn getting gifted a game vs KSU playing the worst ball of the year. That's s no brainer "complete picture"

You're totally delusional to the point of rewriting history in your own mind. It's a slippery slope don't fall off into the abyss.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're totally delusional to the point of rewriting history in your own mind. It's a slippery slope don't fall off into the abyss.

nice retort. filled with insight and aplomb.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice retort. filled with insight and aplomb.

It's hard to have a real response with someone who is completely delusional and sees conspiracy in everything. You will twist facts and make up unprovable circumstances that will never happen to try and prove your point.

What if there is 13 undefeated teams will the Committee chose a 4 loss SEC team, they are so biased.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to have a real response with someone who is completely delusional and sees conspiracy in everything. You will twist facts and make up unprovable circumstances that will never happen to try and prove your point.

What if there is 13 undefeated teams will the Committee chose a 4 loss SEC team, they are so biased.

texan still thinks the BigXII is good even though Texas isn't a top 50 team. You must excuse him.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one said anything like that. Throughout all these posts, I explicitly write out scenarios and back them up with substance. I list the scenarios numerically even. Pretty much no one else does that.

keep being obtuse, defensive, and deflecting... we can just trade insults, too... that's fun.

But if you want to deal with any substance.. read my posts concerning rankings, scenarios, etc... you'll find plenty there.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said anything like that. Throughout all these posts, I explicitly write out scenarios and back them up with substance. I list the scenarios numerically even. Pretty much no one else does that.

keep being obtuse, defensive, and deflecting... we can just trade insults, too... that's fun.

But if you want to deal with any substance.. read my posts concerning rankings, scenarios, etc... you'll find plenty there.

Is anyone reading ElTexan's posts having flash backs to the movie "A Beautiful Mind" besides me?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beautiful. It's true.

You are beautiful and a very good boy so for a reward we have a nice new white jacket with lots of sparkly buckles that is MAGIC and will protect you from any harm. Why don't you try it on for us just to see if it fits?

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are beautiful and a very good boy so for a reward we have a nice new white jacket with lots of sparkly buckles that is MAGIC and will protect you from any harm. Why don't you try it on for us just to see if it fits?
:suds:

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1 Mississippi State

2 Florida State

3 Auburn

4 Oregon

5 Alabama

6 TCU

7 Kansas State

8 Michigan State [dropped one on BYE week]

9 Arizona State [jumped up after OT win over Utah]

10 Notre Dame

11 Ole Miss [lost]

12 Baylor

13 Nebraska

14 Ohio State

15 Oklahoma

I thought the Committee was going to "start from scratch" every week? I thought the previous week was "not going to influence the next week at all." That's what many of you psychos were stating over and over again. You know who you are. C'mon. One team made a jump [AZ State], and one team dropped below a team they should probably have been below anyhow, and that was only because they didn't play that week [MSU].

Where's the "start from scratch?"

If they didn't start from scratch Arizona St would not have moved from 14 to 9, and Utah wouldn't have stayed put at #17. Those rankings proves they started from scratch. Utah did not drop at all with the loss.

ElTexan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they didn't start from scratch Arizona St would not have moved from 14 to 9, and Utah wouldn't have stayed put at #17. Those rankings proves they started from scratch. Utah did not drop at all with the loss.

Edge cases and exceptions don't disprove a rule... in fact... pointing out they are edge cases and exceptions UNDERLINES that there is a predominant rule.

This isn't and 8th grade Lincoln-Douglas debate.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HEY LSU, HOW'S OUR ASS TASTE?!?!?!
:tb::pop2::yo: