• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Case Keenum?

Who starts next year for the Vikings

• Case Keenum

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we quit saying "he's playiing well right now" and start saying "he's a good QB"? I know it's only 11 games but look at his numbers this year. 16 TD's, 5 ints, no fumbles. 9-1 as a starter. Obviously he's going to get paid next year unless he breaks both knees between now and then. The question is, Is he a Fluke like some other 1 year wonders, or did he finally come into his own? Personally, as a Viking fan, I love Teddy. I think he could even be the better QB in the long term. However, this team is clicking with Case and if this season, a big if, ends with a Superbowl appearance how can you not give him the longterm deal. I don't think they'll be able to keep both because neither will want to be a backup next year, so what do you do if you're the Vikings?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had me at "he's playing well right now"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's easily a Top 5 MVP candidate as we sit here today

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Teddy starts next year. He's Zims guy. Big Time.

Unless we actually do the unthinkable and win the damn Super Bowl. Then there may be a convo.

Also, what happens with shurmur will also play a big part. If he gets a head coach job, I think Case goes too.

That said, Keenum has been awesome and it is time to judge him based on what's he's shown. Sure he might be "Case Keenum". But week after week he's not making amateur hour throws like some of the Veteran star QBs and henkeeps winning.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bridgewater will be the guy in Minny if healthy enough. Keenum was someone brought in just to keep the ship steady and has exceeded all expectations. Case will have a lot of teams wanting him after this season but I hope him and his agent are smart enough to realize he needs to be put into a good situation. I don't know. Maybe Keenum is just a late bloomer and this is just the start or maybe he was just in the right place at the right time but there are a couple of teams out there with some pieces in place that could use his ability. I only know that I have huge doubts that the Vikes would be sitting in the NFC with the top seed in December with Sam Bradford at the helm.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm sorry, but Bridgewater was never anything special; solid at best. Yet I keep hearing/seeing these discussions about "will Case be starting next week? year? etc etc", as if he's been playing well while Joe Montana has been sitting on the Vikings' bench. You watch, even IF the Vikings were to go all the way this season, the argument would then be, "wellllll, it WAS homefield advantage in the Superbowl after all (which is nonsense because there will be fans for both teams), I dunno if Keenum could've done that at a 'true neutral site' etc etc". . .

Is Case the next "great" qb? Of course not. But he's definitely closer to Bridgewater than Bridgewater is to Brady, that's for damn sure

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we quit saying "he's playiing well right now" and start saying "he's a good QB"?

Get back to me....say....this time next year at the earliest. No way can I say with a straight face that Casey Kasem is a good QB. He's proven himself to be a journeyman/stop-gap type who has caught lightning in a one-year bottle so far.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what will happen.

If the Vikes keep Case and let Teddy walk, Case will suck and Teddy will go on to be a top tier QB.

If the Vikes keep Teddy and let Case walk, Teddy will suck and Case will go on to be a top tier QB.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver Broncos would be happy to take either quarterback off of the Vikings hands. We'll just call it a huge favor and be done with it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Keenum. He's Alex Smithish. Now if he does it for 5 more years we can all debate whether he's actually pretty good or whether he's just ok.

Not fair but it's the standard that's been set for guys like him

Reactions: DJ

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point do we quit saying "he's playiing well right now" and start saying "he's a good QB"? I know it's only 11 games but look at his numbers this year. 16 TD's, 5 ints, no fumbles. 9-1 as a starter. Obviously he's going to get paid next year unless he breaks both knees between now and then. The question is, Is he a Fluke like some other 1 year wonders, or did he finally come into his own? Personally, as a Viking fan, I love Teddy. I think he could even be the better QB in the long term. However, this team is clicking with Case and if this season, a big if, ends with a Superbowl appearance how can you not give him the longterm deal. I don't think they'll be able to keep both because neither will want to be a backup next year, so what do you do if you're the Vikings?
To be determined....
how many super bowl championships does the Vikings have?

bet your ass if they so much as make it to the Super Bowl, Keenum is the man.

I sure like their chances at this point.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be determined....
how many super bowl championships does the Vikings have?

bet your ass if they so much as make it to the Super Bowl, Keenum is the man.

I sure like their chances at this point.

I'd stick with Keenum, Bridgewater has never shown me much, even in college

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will give back the job to Bridgewater. For some reason he is another one of those players that seem to get judged on the expectations of his potential & not by his actual play. I dont see Bridgewater as a good QB.

Keenam wont deserve to lose the job but I think he will. Wouldnt be surprised in a couple years neither are the starting QB.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th season, best year. He's playing for his next contract. I think he's somewhere in between last season and this season....a good backup to have on your roster but not somebody you want starting every week.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater will start next season for Minnesota.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th season, best year. He's playing for his next contract. I think he's somewhere in between last season and this season....a good backup to have on your roster but not somebody you want starting every week.

the same could easily be said for Bridgewater. Just because he was picked in the 1st rd doesn't necessarily shield him from the reality of who he is in the league, and that's before he was even injured.