• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carroll Coach of the Year Candidacy.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I went off topic on this thread. This tandem of JS/PC is bringing us I think the best football the Hawks have ever had. To date they've pulled out gems in the mid rounds of the draft, rebuilt a team to a SB contender faster then i have ever thought of and a positive attitude from PC that shows on the players faces and on the field. I do believe PC should be COYC along with John Fox, Ron Rivera, Jim Swartchz and Andy Reid (yes I said that). If Seattle finishes 15-1/14-2, I think PC takes home COY.

Hey Jersey, it's all good, my comment/shot was at tzorn.:suds:

KC had 6 pro-Bowlers yet tzorn can only look at the 2-14 season before.
BB started winning when Brady arrived, not before, yet tzorn can only suggest that RW makes PC, because Cowherd said it, so it must be true. KC wins when Alex Smith arrived. Who else did KC acquire to rebuild from that 2 win season. Sure, it's ALL Reid.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think much about it because he isnt going to get it. Reid is going to win the award and its going to be a landslide. He took a 2-14 team and made them into a top 5 team. Its not hard people. Carroll has no shot. Coward was right, RW makes Pete look a lot better then he should.

Wilson makes Bevell look better than he is, but I do agree that the Reid story is just better than the Carroll story this season, and let's be honest that's what it's really about.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think much about it because he isnt going to get it. Reid is going to win the award and its going to be a landslide. He took a 2-14 team and made them into a top 5 team. Its not hard people. Carroll has no shot. Coward was right, RW makes Pete look a lot better then he should.

Yes, because RW built the defense. Oh, and RW built à top 5 rushing attack before he even got here.

I love Wilson. But this is Carrolls team that leans on the strengths that he built. Wilson has the luxury of facilitating to those strengths. When the team NEEDS to lean on Wilson, he comes through. But I dont know how anyone can watch this current team and feel that Wilson is carrying them.:doh:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You such an f-ing fraud of a Seahawks fan. If you believe what Coward said, then you obviously don't watch any games. Why don't you go jump on the Chiefs bandwagon and wave your pom poms for your favorite coach Andy Reid.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You such an f-ing fraud of a Seahawks fan. If you believe what Coward said, then you obviously don't watch any games. Why don't you go jump on the Chiefs bandwagon and wave your pom poms for your favorite coach Andy Reid.

How am I a fraud of a fan? Is it because i'm not a Pete Carroll lover? All I did was state that Reid has the best shot of winning COY. No big deal. Why are you such a Reid hater? What did he ever do to you?

Who cares. I dont like Pete Carroll but the teams winning so no big deal. I havent dwelled on it this year and i'm not going to start now. As long as we win.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the superbowl appearance and what,,,4 or 5 conference titles in a row while watching his Philly career? Reids a good coach and he's proving it once again this season. He's a lock for COTY.

Payton needs a shout out too. The Saints pretty much tanked last year without him, but he righted the ship again. Just saying.

This is your post in response to my opinion and i simply ask you to provide facts to back up your statement which you haven't. What are you afraid of, let's discuss his career. I'm a hater because he's an arrogant ass and he has a way of making the fans feel small and other things too, so now you know. So why do you dislike PC so much? Every chance you get you love to dis him and the organization, so why? What has he done to you to be a PC hater?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your post in response to my opinion and i simply ask you to provide facts to back up your statement which you haven't. What are you afraid of, let's discuss his career. I'm a hater because he's an arrogant ass and he has a way of making the fans feel small and other things too, so now you know. So why do you dislike PC so much? Every chance you get you love to dis him and the organization, so why? What has he done to you to be a PC hater?

jerseyhawksfan,
Please do not try to get tzorn to start up again with the Pete hate. He's dropped it so far since he's been on SportsHoopla and that's a good thing.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jerseyhawksfan,
Please do not try to get tzorn to start up again with the Pete hate. He's dropped it so far since he's been on SportsHoopla and that's a good thing.

It's cool, I won't ask anymore. I'm just trying to find out why he dislikes the Seahawks so much.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I a fraud of a fan? Is it because i'm not a Pete Carroll lover? All I did was state that Reid has the best shot of winning COY. No big deal. Why are you such a Reid hater? What did he ever do to you?

Who cares. I dont like Pete Carroll but the teams winning so no big deal. I havent dwelled on it this year and i'm not going to start now. As long as we win.

The team is winning BECAUSE of Pete Carroll.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jersey, it's all good, my comment/shot was at tzorn.:suds:

KC had 6 pro-Bowlers yet tzorn can only look at the 2-14 season before.
BB started winning when Brady arrived, not before, yet tzorn can only suggest that RW makes PC, because Cowherd said it, so it must be true. KC wins when Alex Smith arrived. Who else did KC acquire to rebuild from that 2 win season. Sure, it's ALL Reid.

They had 6 Pro Bowl players and were still 2-14. You can make the argument that anyone they brought in could improve on that, but like I said, the voters love huge turnarounds when they go to pick a COY. It's also worth mentioning that even if you cite Alex Smith's arrival as the catalyst for the big turnaround, the question is going to be who made the decision to trade for him. Reid wanted Smith and they got him. That's only going to add to his credentials for COY, not detract from them. Anyway, the Chiefs lost again today and I mentioned that it might take a backwards slide by the Chiefs over the last month and a half to knock Reid out of the running and they've now lost 2 in a row with Denver up next week. At this rate, all of this back-and-forth about whether Reid deserves it is going to end because the story won't look as good if they keep losing.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you have to put personal decisions squarely on the players who make them, I'm not thinking you give COY awards to a HC who again has a team failing drug tests all over the place.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is winning BECAUSE of Pete Carroll.

I didnt say they werent. I would love Pete if he was our defensive coordinator because he seems to have an eye for talent (evident) and he built a damn good unit, but I just dont like him as our head coach. Frankly, his mannerisms and actions bug the crap out of me. He's actually embarrassing to watch in my opinion. He acts like a teenager on the sidelines and that gets to me. Silly I know, but nontheless. Also, I cant help but to think he's a snake in sheeps clothing. I suppose nothing has really ever been proved, but I think the guys a cheater. The whole USC thing was shakey at best and I truly think all these PED suspensions are either going through him or he is aware of them. I'm probably way off base, but I really feel when everything is said and done, somebody will find something on him that will end up destroying his reputation and accomplishments. Take that and the fact that I dont think he can coach unless his team is stacked with talent and there you have it.

I'm done and will not argue about Pete anymore. Bash me at will.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is your post in response to my opinion and i simply ask you to provide facts to back up your statement which you haven't.

What facts are you looking for? Did he not take the Eagles to a superbowl and win 4 or so consecutive conference titles? Did he not take a 2-14 team and turn them around to be one of the best teams in the league (with a mediocre QB at best)? He has a career winning percentage while coaching .591, and he would probably still be the Eagles caoch if he didnt have to deal with Owens, McNabb, and Vick. Does any of that indicate he was a bad coach? Besides personal hatred (which I understand), your not making sense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What facts are you looking for? Did he not take the Eagles to a superbowl and win 4 or so consecutive conference titles? Did he not take a 2-14 team and turn them around to be one of the best teams in the league (with a mediocre QB at best)? He has a career winning percentage while coaching .591, and he would probably still be the Eagles caoch if he didnt have to deal with Owens, McNabb, and Vick. Does any of that indicate he was a bad coach? Besides personal hatred (which I understand), your not making sense.

Finally some facts, cool! No Reid did not win 4 or 5 conference titles, just 1. Yes, he had a .591 winning percentage but his last 5 years was a mere .500 record. Favorites in 4 of 5 Conference title games he gets out coached by Gruden, John Fox, and the guy from Arizona. Good coaches don't consistently screw up time management (Just look at this past Sunday), making in game and half time adjustment he still hasn't figured out, having top 5 Rb's and instead would rather call 55 pass plays in 40 mph wind, pass on Earl Thomas for another busted 1st rounder, pass on Russell Wilson while knowingly needing a QB of the future, refusing to draft a LB when the current LB's couldn't get any rush on the QB, couldn't figure out how to draft O-line and WR positions. Remember, he was President and GM, so he ran and picked the players.

Good coaches like Pete Carroll built this team into a winner, Reid was handed a young team with a monster Defense that bailed him out week in and week out. Once Reid tried to build through the draft, his teams lacked talent and failed horribly. What you'll see in KC is once he starts inserting his guys that he drafts, they'll most likely be just average players or busts, ie...Danny Watkins type players. I'll stop here, but there is more.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say they werent. I would love Pete if he was our defensive coordinator because he seems to have an eye for talent (evident) and he built a damn good unit, but I just dont like him as our head coach. Frankly, his mannerisms and actions bug the crap out of me. He's actually embarrassing to watch in my opinion. He acts like a teenager on the sidelines and that gets to me. Silly I know, but nontheless. Also, I cant help but to think he's a snake in sheeps clothing. I suppose nothing has really ever been proved, but I think the guys a cheater. The whole USC thing was shakey at best and I truly think all these PED suspensions are either going through him or he is aware of them. I'm probably way off base, but I really feel when everything is said and done, somebody will find something on him that will end up destroying his reputation and accomplishments. Take that and the fact that I dont think he can coach unless his team is stacked with talent and there you have it.

I'm done and will not argue about Pete anymore. Bash me at will.

LOL. Talent that he finds, develops and puts in situations to succeed?

You've never heard of most of the very talented players on this team before Carroll got a hold of them. Gotta be a coincidence right? He's just lucky...

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are all that matters. Tsand is just angry that Carroll has pissed all over his predictions and projections of this team. A team is a reflection of the coach. And the energy and confident/positive attitudes that this team plays with and the belief and toughness that they display regardless of the situation are direct reflections of him.

I'm sure your premonitions about how he will cause it all to fall apart are right around the corner though. You've been so right up to this point. How about that trigger-man?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are all that matters. Tsand is just angry that Carroll has pissed all over his predictions and projections of this team. A team is a reflection of the coach. And the energy and confident/positive attitudes that this team plays with and the belief and toughness that they display regardless of the situation are direct reflections of him.

I'm sure your premonitions about how he will cause it all to fall apart are right around the corner though. You've been so right up to this point. How about that trigger-man?

Lol. We havent won anything yet and at the rate that the players keep getting suspended, we may never.

Hey, if we win a superbowl I might even come around to loving old Pete.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. We havent won anything yet and at the rate that the players keep getting suspended, we may never.

Hey, if we win a superbowl I might even come around to loving old Pete.

It's a good thing we have depth in the secondary to continue our Super Bowl run.