• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carroll Coach of the Year Candidacy.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to consider Shwartz too. I mean they were 4-12 last year and they are in a position to win the NFC North.

Too up and down. He's the reason that they were 4-12 last year after going 10-6 the year before.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with Andy Reid being coach of the year. He's overrated and will coach himself to another early playoff exit. I say this by watching his career in Philly and know what he is capable of doing or screwing up.

Did you miss the superbowl appearance and what,,,4 or 5 conference titles in a row while watching his Philly career? Reids a good coach and he's proving it once again this season. He's a lock for COTY.

Payton needs a shout out too. The Saints pretty much tanked last year without him, but he righted the ship again. Just saying.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the superbowl appearance and what,,,4 or 5 conference titles in a row while watching his Philly career? Reids a good coach and he's proving it once again this season. He's a lock for COTY.

Payton needs a shout out too. The Saints pretty much tanked last year without him, but he righted the ship again. Just saying.

Ummm yes, I have watched Reid's career and it's more failures then success. He's an average coach at best. If your from the philly/south jersey area like i am, then i'm shocked you actually think Reid is a good coach. Fans outside the area would think he's a great coach by looking at his record but don't know the overall landscape of his career. I'd be more then happy to explain in more detail if you like.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm yes, I have watched Reid's career and it's more failures then success. He's an average coach at best. If your from the philly/south jersey area like i am, then i'm shocked you actually think Reid is a good coach. Fans outside the area would think he's a great coach by looking at his record but don't know the overall landscape of his career. I'd be more then happy to explain in more detail if you like.

No need. Thats all I needed to know.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even taking into consideration that he never won a championship there, it is really hard to get to that many conference championship games in a row and not be considered a good coach. The lack of championships that came from all those conference championship game appearances would certainly cause people to hold off on calling him great, especially if those people are Eagles fans who lived through those disappointments. That being said... none of that has any bearing on his chances of winning COY this year, or at least it shouldn't. You seem to be letting what he did (or didn't do) in Philly color your opinion of him as a coach and, by extension, his chances of winning the COY award this year with the Chiefs when that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

The fact that he took his team to all those conference championship games and only came away with one Super Bowl appearance and zero championships has to have been devastating for Eagles fans and hard to watch for people living in the area who aren't Eagles fans, but have seen the same things Eagles fans have and have sympathy for what they're feeling. But if the Chiefs end up with the best record or one of the best records in the league this year after having the worst record last year before hiring him, it's going to be very difficult to deny him the COY award for it and if the voters hold previous or expected future playoff failings against him for what is supposed to be a regular season award for this season that he would otherwise deserve, then those voters should probably have their voting privileges reviewed and/or revoked.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even taking into consideration that he never won a championship there, it is really hard to get to that many conference championship games in a row and not be considered a good coach. The lack of championships that came from all those conference championship game appearances would certainly cause people to hold off on calling him great, especially if those people are Eagles fans who lived through those disappointments. That being said... none of that has any bearing on his chances of winning COY this year, or at least it shouldn't. You seem to be letting what he did (or didn't do) in Philly color your opinion of him as a coach and, by extension, his chances of winning the COY award this year with the Chiefs when that shouldn't have anything to do with it.

The fact that he took his team to all those conference championship games and only came away with one Super Bowl appearance and zero championships has to have been devastating for Eagles fans and hard to watch for people living in the area who aren't Eagles fans, but have seen the same things Eagles fans have and have sympathy for what they're feeling. But if the Chiefs end up with the best record or one of the best records in the league this year after having the worst record last year before hiring him, it's going to be very difficult to deny him the COY award for it and if the voters hold previous or expected future playoff failings against him for what is supposed to be a regular season award for this season that he would otherwise deserve, then those voters should probably have their voting privileges reviewed and/or revoked.

If Reid goes 13-3, defeats Denver at home and clinches HFA then I will concede that he should be in the running of COY. My problem is he is held to this high standard of being a great coach when it's not true. Reid inherited a young defense that Ray Rhodes built and he lived off that and Jim Johnson's defensive schemes till JJ's passing. A good coach would have won minimum 1 SB to at least 3 SB's with that nasty consistent Top 5 defense he had for over 8+ yrs. When his team is favored in 4 of 5 NFC Title games and come away with 1 SB appearance loss doesn't make him good, just makes him average. Reid can't be considered good when he's made too many poor decisions as Coach, GM and President.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Reid goes 13-3, defeats Denver at home and clinches HFA then I will concede that he should be in the running of COY. My problem is he is held to this high standard of being a great coach when it's not true. Reid inherited a young defense that Ray Rhodes built and he lived off that and Jim Johnson's defensive schemes till JJ's passing. A good coach would have won minimum 1 SB to at least 3 SB's with that nasty consistent Top 5 defense he had for over 8+ yrs. When his team is favored in 4 of 5 NFC Title games and come away with 1 SB appearance loss doesn't make him good, just makes him average. Reid can't be considered good when he's made too many poor decisions as Coach, GM and President.

All I'm saying is that, in this context, none of that other stuff matters. It'll make a great argument should he ever be up for HOF consideration, but for this it doesn't matter.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for a better argument then that.

There is no argument. Philly people are jaded under the assumption that if somebody doesnt deliver them championship after championship then they are a failure, when in truth, Reid is probably the best coach that the franchise has ever had, but yet he's a terrible coach in your eyes. Your from that area and you have the same outlook. Like I said, you gave me all the information I needed when you said where your from. No argument.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument. Philly people are jaded under the assumption that if somebody doesnt deliver them championship after championship then they are a failure, when in truth, Reid is probably the best coach that the franchise has ever had, but yet he's a terrible coach in your eyes. Your from that area and you have the same outlook. Like I said, you gave me all the information I needed when you said where your from. No argument.

The title of the thread is about Pete Carroll.
What are your thoughts on Pete Carroll being coach of the Year?

My thoughts, PC and management rebuilt this team and made it theirs. Fuck Colin Coward, yes Coward, and his dodging what PC has done saying RW made PC, when in reality they worked together and made the Seahawks what they are, together. BB wasn't shit until he got Brady. BB had failures, Parcells had plenty of failures.

Keep bringing the Hate. You can't bring yourself to EVER say you actually think PC has done a great job.:suds:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the statement you gave me to my opinion of Reid I stated earlier on, yet you refuse to give me any facts of why Reid is such a good coach. I've read enough of your posts to know that you downed PC at any chance you get (except this year being 10-1) and anytime the Hawks lose it's an "I told you so they weren't good enough" statement from you. So to me it seems like you have the same attitude towards the Hawks like I have towards Reid. Hey, you can thank him for allowing the Hawks to draft Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson, a position of need the Eagles needed but Reid was too dumb to figure that out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My thoughts, PC and management rebuilt this team and made it theirs. Fuck Colin Coward, yes Coward, and his dodging what PC has done saying RW made PC, when in reality they worked together and made the Seahawks what they are, together. BB wasn't shit until he got Brady. BB had failures, Parcells had plenty of failures.

Keep bringing the Hate. You can't bring yourself to EVER say you actually think PC has done a great job.:suds:

Sorry I went off topic on this thread. This tandem of JS/PC is bringing us I think the best football the Hawks have ever had. To date they've pulled out gems in the mid rounds of the draft, rebuilt a team to a SB contender faster then i have ever thought of and a positive attitude from PC that shows on the players faces and on the field. I do believe PC should be COYC along with John Fox, Ron Rivera, Jim Swartchz and Andy Reid (yes I said that). If Seattle finishes 15-1/14-2, I think PC takes home COY.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Schneider has a better shot at EOY than Carroll has at COY.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pete deserves it. He's finally proving that I was on to something when I wanted the 49ers to fire Steve Mariucci and hire him (before he went to USC). :(

...Although Andy Reid may make a strong case.
x0ux.gif

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is a good coach. He built your team into a winner, he didn't inherit it. I just wish I could punch the gum out of his mouth but whatever.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll is a good coach. He built your team into a winner, he didn't inherit it. I just wish I could punch the gum out of his mouth but whatever.

That man can chew some serious gum:lol:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say Peyton Manning should win it. He's the head coach of that team.

But, seriously, I say these are the top 5 right now.

1. Andy Reed
2. Sean Payton
3. Pete Carroll
4. John Fox
5. Ron Rivera

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front runners for COY

Pete Carroll: 10-1
Last year, 11-5. Strength of Schedule, 43-68. Strength of wins, 36-65.

Andy Reid: 9-1
Last year, 2-14. Strength of Schedule, 43-59. Strength of wins, 34-58.

John Fox: 9-1
Last year, 13-3. Strength of Schedule, 47-54. Strength of wins, 40-51.

Sean Payton: 9-2
Last Year, 7-9. Strength of Schedule, 50-63. Strength of wins. 45-58.

Chip Kelly: 6-5
Last year, 4-12. Strength of Schedule, 52-58. Strength of wins, 21-39.

Chuck Pagano: 7-3
Last year, 11-5. Strength of schedule, 49-52. Strength of wins, 36-35.

Jim Schwartz: 6-4
Last year, 4-12. Strength of schedule, 48-53. Strength of wins, 26-34.

Last edited by a moderator:

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think much about it because he isnt going to get it. Reid is going to win the award and its going to be a landslide. He took a 2-14 team and made them into a top 5 team. Its not hard people. Carroll has no shot. Coward was right, RW makes Pete look a lot better then he should.