• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carroll Coach of the Year Candidacy.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks: Pete Carroll Solidifies Coach of the Year Candidacy

SSunday’s win over the Minnesota Vikings not only moved the Seattle Seahawks to a league-best 10-1 record, but it also solidified Pete Carroll as a front runner for Coach of the Year.

Predominantly, the Coach of the Year award goes to the coach with the best record. Clinching home-field advantage helps, but so does having a dominant regular season as well as a division title.

Carroll already has the record aspect going for him, but the little things he did against Minnesota further cemented his status as front-runner for the Coach of the Year accolade. Should the Seahawks win out, Seattle could find itself not only with home-field advantage and a division title, but also a Coach of the Year.

Watching Carroll’s brilliant coaching style while sitting in the stands at CenturyLink Field only makes it more clear that his coaching deserves recognition.

Here are three reasons why Pete Carroll should win Coach of the Year.

Seattle Seahawks: Pete Carroll Solidifies Coach of the Year Candidacy | Bleacher Report

Rest at link.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Andy Reid's to lose. I'm hoping for Carrol but what Reid did in KC will be hard to top.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Andy Reid's to lose. I'm hoping for Carrol but what Reid did in KC will be hard to top.
:agree:
Pete Carroll's name should be in the conversation for sure but what Andy Reid has done over there in such a short period of time is pretty amazing.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I have to agree that it's Andy Reid's award to lose at this point. The Chiefs would have to go on a serious skid the rest of the way for him to lose it.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid would have to lose damn near the rest of the games from here on out for him to not get it. Which means Pete will get it :nod:

BeastHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This hype is utterly ridiculous. The only thing Reid's shown is that he can't hang with good teams. So called 'experts' were absolutely right to be skeptical of the Chiefs this season. Now if they are able to put together some wins against stellar teams, then I'd have no qualms about this.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with Andy Reid being coach of the year. He's overrated and will coach himself to another early playoff exit. I say this by watching his career in Philly and know what he is capable of doing or screwing up.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with Andy Reid being coach of the year. He's overrated and will coach himself to another early playoff exit. I say this by watching his career in Philly and know what he is capable of doing or screwing up.

Doesn't matter what the Chiefs do in the playoffs as it's a regular season award. The Chiefs won 3 games last year and will win double digit games this year barring a complete meltdown. Voters love it when a coach takes a terrible team and turns it into a really good team the following year. I think the only way Carroll wins Coach of the Year outside of a massive KC collapse in the next 6 weeks is if the voters decide that Carroll presiding over a team with a massive amount of injuries to key players and still getting the best record in the conference is more impressive than Reid presiding over a team that won 3 games last year and getting 10 or more wins out of mostly the same group (going from a horrible QB situation to a serviceable one helps a lot too). I'd absolutely love it if Carroll won COY and Wilson won MVP, but you have to remember how these votes tend to go. If the Broncos keep winning and Manning keeps on the pace he's on, he wins the MVP because voters love big shiny numbers. If the Chiefs keep winning, Reid wins the COY because voters love big turnarounds by previously terrible teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter what the Chiefs do in the playoffs as it's a regular season award. The Chiefs won 3 games last year and will win double digit games this year barring a complete meltdown. Voters love it when a coach takes a terrible team and turns it into a really good team the following year. I think the only way Carroll wins Coach of the Year outside of a massive KC collapse in the next 6 weeks is if the voters decide that Carroll presiding over a team with a massive amount of injuries to key players and still getting the best record in the conference is more impressive than Reid presiding over a team that won 3 games last year and getting 10 or more wins out of mostly the same group (going from a horrible QB situation to a serviceable one helps a lot too). I'd absolutely love it if Carroll won COY and Wilson won MVP, but you have to remember how these votes tend to go. If the Broncos keep winning and Manning keeps on the pace he's on, he wins the MVP because voters love big shiny numbers. If the Chiefs keep winning, Reid wins the COY because voters love big turnarounds by previously terrible teams.

Voters will vote COY for Reid because he's such a suck up to the national media. Almost anybody could turn the Chiefs around since they played the bottom feeders of the league. Reid got lucky again he has a top notch defense to make him look good, but over time it'll fade away.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, KC had 6 pro-bowlers last year. They lost games but they were far from a horrible team.
Let's not just hand this award to Reid just yet.

Besides PC, what about Payton? Maybe Rivera!
and of course Liar Jim Psycho Harbaugh.... I kid, I kid.......lol.....about LJPH.

I think Pete and his STAFF have done a wonderful job, but what I and Seahawk Fans want is a SB Victory.

Thank you PC and JC and PA for giving us a CHANCE.

Go Hawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Reid will most likely win, although it's not assured yet. I don't really care. I'm happy as a Seahawks fan. Pete has done a great job. All I care about is winning the Superbowl. Accolades will follow shortly there after.

That works for me.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order for Reid to win COY he will have to have at least one win against a .500+ team. Currently he has one against Philly but lets see if they finish better than 8-8

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter, the award is based on what you do during the regular season. H already turned a 2 win team from last season to 9 so far. It's Reid's to lose.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reid is a nice story, but let's be honest. How many playoff caliber teams has he beat this year?

Carroll earned it by ending up with a what's looking like a 14-2/13-3 final record and beating multiple playoff caliber teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle should get GM of the year not coach of the year. Seattle was a major favorite coming into the season by many talking heads and casual fans alike.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to consider Shwartz too. I mean they were 4-12 last year and they are in a position to win the NFC North.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you have to consider Shwartz too. I mean they were 4-12 last year and they are in a position to win the NFC North.

Yeah, I think he's in the conversation.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of factors that usually go into major turnarounds like the one KC is having this year. Everything from luck with injuries, to difference in SOS, to a change at quarterback from awful to better than awful, to a new coach can and usually does factor in.

Who knows if the Chiefs still would have improved this much if Crennel had been allowed to stick around and everything else that happened this year for them still happened, but all the voters are gonna see is that they were terrible before Reid got there and aren't terrible anymore. Voters love huge jumps in win totals from one year to the next regardless of whether the coach in charge during the turnaround season was the coach that was in charge during the collapse or not. Harbaugh won it two years ago when the 49ers won 7 more games than they did the previous year with Singletary as the coach. Arians won it last year when he took over for the guy who took over a team that went 2-14 the previous year and got 11 wins out of it.

I want Carroll to win it, but the Seahawks won 11 games last year and went to the playoffs with expectations this year to be better. I think it's pretty safe to say that expectations in Kansas City were not a 9-1 record in the middle of November with a chance to secure home-field advantage in the AFC. A coach that took an already very good team and made it better the following year typically doesn't grab a voter's attention unless something like the 2007 Patriots happens and the team goes from 11-5 to having a perfect regular season. If New England goes 13-3 that year instead, Belichick probably doesn't win the award.

I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised if Carroll gets overlooked because his team met the expectations people had for it going in.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I just have a very different view of Reid and his ability to coach up players, play calling, time management and player assessment which has been unimpressive to me. He fell into a good situation at KC but to me I think there are better coaches that deserve this award. But who cares, number 1 priority is the Seahawks and a SB Championship.