• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina Panthers Fire OC and QB Coach

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. Cam is in an offense that knows what Cam's abilities are and the play callers use those abilities in their play calling. Obviously, they'd like Cam to throw, but they know his throwing abilities are limited. But where Cam lacks in his arm, he makes up for in his legs. Once again, they know that and use it to their advantage.
ok. i based my comment on your previous statement.

in dont know any NFL team that has a run first QB style of play.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. i based my comment on your previous statement.

in dont know any NFL team that has a run first QB style of play.

If you're judging Cam solely on his throwing, Cam is one of the worst QBs in the league. However, if that's the judgement, that is not a fair one because Cam is so much more than a throwing QB. You can't judge Cam without looking at what he does on the ground. He is the offense of the Panthers. He's got statistically the worst WRs in the league and if you remove his rushing stats, Carolina is one of the 5 worst running teams in the league. Cam needs help. He's got literally noone helping him. He's doing it by himself. Or at least he's gotta do it himself in order for the Panthers to be successful.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has gone away from using Wilson as a running QB. They've let him run less and less the last 2 years and look how bad they've looked. Nothing like the supreme team that won the Super Bowl.
Well I call Bullshit on that.
Wilson was Seattle's leading rusher this year, by double of the next guy. Also Seattle's Offense is shit without Wilson. He is literally their only hope on offense. he carries the whole offense! Passing & running. Wilson can beat a team with his arm. Cam not so much.

A QB's job in the 1980's 1990's NFL is to be a thrower first. That ain't the way it is anymore.
Really? Ok name me a running QB that has won the Superbowl this century?

Really the Panthers go as far as the Defense will take them. Like most teams with subpar throwers.
Saw you mentioned Stafford & Rivers. They have better offenses under their leadership than Cam does.
Hell the Lions don't have a running game. Wilson out rushed the Lions leading rusher LOL. So Defenses know Stafford is gonna pass & he still does well passing. Imagine Cam on a team without a great Defense. Dont think any of you would be talking how good he is then.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I call Bullshit on that.
Wilson was Seattle's leading rusher this year, by double of the next guy. Also Seattle's Offense is shit without Wilson. He is literally their only hope on offense. he carries the whole offense! Passing & running. Wilson can beat a team with his arm. Cam not so much.

In the last two years, Wilson has rushed under 100 times. Seattle's offense was ranked 18th and 11th.
In the 2014 and 2015, Wilson has rushed more than 100 times. Seattle's offense was ranked 4th and 10th.

Seattle doesn't do as well when Wilson rushes under 100 times.

Really? Ok name me a running QB that has won the Superbowl this century?

Really the Panthers go as far as the Defense will take them. Like most teams with subpar throwers.
Saw you mentioned Stafford & Rivers. They have better offenses under their leadership than Cam does.
Hell the Lions don't have a running game. Wilson out rushed the Lions leading rusher LOL. So Defenses know Stafford is gonna pass & he still does well passing. Imagine Cam on a team without a great Defense. Dont think any of you would be talking how good he is then.

Russell Wilson - 2013

Stafford and Rivers haven't accomplished the success that Cam has in his short career. Cam is the best dual threat QB in the league and the more he runs, the better Carolina does.

Cam is 3-4 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.
Rivers and Stafford are a combined 1-4 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Cam has lead the Panthers to a Super Bowl and 3 division titles in 5 years.
Rivers and Stafford have 4 division titles combined and no conference titles throughout their entire careers.

Yeah, Rivers and Stafford sure can rack up some passing yards, but when it comes to success and playoffs, they don't show up. The Chargers and Lions have missed the playoffs more than they've made it since Rivers and Stafford have been QB.

In 7 years with Cam as the starter, the Panthers have made the playoffs 4 times.
In 12 years with Rivers as the starter, the Chargers have made the playoffs 5 times.
In 9 years with Stafford as the starter, the Lions have made the playoffs 3 times.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Carolina needs to do is draft a RB that can throw the ball.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last two years, Wilson has rushed under 100 times. Seattle's offense was ranked 18th and 11th.
In the 2014 and 2015, Wilson has rushed more than 100 times. Seattle's offense was ranked 4th and 10th.

Seattle doesn't do as well when Wilson rushes under 100 times.

Russell Wilson - 2013

Stafford and Rivers haven't accomplished the success that Cam has in his short career. Cam is the best dual threat QB in the league and the more he runs, the better Carolina does.

Cam is 3-4 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.
Rivers and Stafford are a combined 1-4 in the playoffs in the last 5 years.

Cam has lead the Panthers to a Super Bowl and 3 division titles in 5 years.
Rivers and Stafford have 4 division titles combined and no conference titles throughout their entire careers.

Yeah, Rivers and Stafford sure can rack up some passing yards, but when it comes to success and playoffs, they don't show up. The Chargers and Lions have missed the playoffs more than they've made it since Rivers and Stafford have been QB.

In 7 years with Cam as the starter, the Panthers have made the playoffs 4 times.
In 12 years with Rivers as the starter, the Chargers have made the playoffs 5 times.
In 9 years with Stafford as the starter, the Lions have made the playoffs 3 times.
as far as stats from seattle & Wilson rushing. it isnt because wilson is under a 100 rushes. It is because the team as a whole isnt as good as they were in 14' & 15'. This is simple logic. Dont tell me if Wilson would have rushed the ball another 5 times they magically improve their offensive stats substantially.

As far as all the fluff you put in Cams stats. He rode his defenses, to all those stats you put up for him. Think it is fair to say Stafford has never been afforded that luxury. Carolina goes as far as the defense will allow. The lions go as far as their Qb allows. if the lions make the Playoffs its because of their QB play. You cant necessarily say that about Cam. So when a QB make (carries a team if you will) the playoffs with a lesser team, they get crap talked about them by win loss records vs a QB that has a championship caliber team. I never understood this logic. Bortles won this last weekend. Does that make him a better Qb than Stafford & others as well, using this logic?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles won this last weekend. Does that make him a better Qb than Stafford & others as well, using this logic?

Didn't just use playoff wins as a barometer to judge Stafford and Rivers. Playoff appearances, division titles, conference championships. It doesn't matter what stats you put up in the regular season if you can't back it up in the playoffs. Bortles isn't better than Stafford, but the discussion isn't whether Cam is better than Stafford or not. The discussion is who would you pick over Cam and I can't honestly say I'd pick Stafford or Rivers over Cam because of the success Cam has had in the playoffs. Just because I'd pick Cam over Stafford or Rivers doesn't automatically mean he is a better QB than those two.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't just use playoff wins as a barometer to judge Stafford and Rivers. Playoff appearances, division titles, conference championships. It doesn't matter what stats you put up in the regular season if you can't back it up in the playoffs. Bortles isn't better than Stafford, but the discussion isn't whether Cam is better than Stafford or not. The discussion is who would you pick over Cam and I can't honestly say I'd pick Stafford or Rivers over Cam because of the success Cam has had in the playoffs. Just because I'd pick Cam over Stafford or Rivers doesn't automatically mean he is a better QB than those two.
fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree.
I personally think the Panthers would be scary if they had a "passer" at QB right now.
I would take Stafford over Cam on QB play (we all know Contract prices & other things may make changes to decision)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree.
I personally think the Panthers would be scary if they had a "passer" at QB right now.
I would take Stafford over Cam on QB play (we all know Contract prices & other things may make changes to decision)

I think about it like this. Take Cam away from the Panthers and the Panthers not only have one of the bottom 5 running games in the league, but also the worst, statistically, WR corps in the NFL. The Panthers are 11-5 with no running game aside from Cam and no receivers that can actually catch the ball. Imagine how good the Panthers would be if they actually had help and a good supporting cast for Cam Newton. That's fucking scary.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiring Norv Turner is the worst decision the Panthers could've made. This organization has no ideas what the hell it's doing right now do they? This draft needs to be a thing of perfection for Cam. WR should be #1 priority than another RB and then a TE. Don't worry about the defense.