• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carolina Panthers Fire OC and QB Coach

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Front office is changing drastically haven't you heard? But was that front office a problem in 2015? Nope. Was Cam a problem in 2015? Not at all. None of those problems you listed were problems 2 years ago. The moves they've made, the two bad drafts they've had the last two years are all affecting them. Bradberry and Worley are the only two guys from last years draft that really has done anything and McCaffrey is the only guy from this draft to accomplish anything. 2 straight years of bad drafting. 2 straight years of bad free agency transactions. Funchess hasn't improved at all. Kelvin Benjamin is a dud. Jonathan Stewart needs to retire tonight. Combine all that and you got a recipe for disaster as Cam thinks he needs to do everything because he can't trust what his team has given him as a supporting cast.
cam wasnt very good in 2015. he won MVP because the team won 15 games and he can run. didnt complete 60% of his passes. didnt even break 3900 yards. He wasnt a very good QB. he had benjamin in the red zone, and his legs. he was the lowest rated QB to win MVP since rich freakin gannon in 2002. before that you have to go back to brett favre in 97. so cam is one of 3 QB's since 1997 to win an MVP with a sub 100 rating. 3 in 20 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norv Turner - C - Free Agent
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport confirms the Panthers will interview Norv Turner for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

The Charlotte Observer reported the Panthers' likely interest in Turner just hours after Mike Shula's firing. Rapsheet's report calls him a "top choice." Turner has long been a sound offensive mind but it is debatable if he would be different enough from Shula to give the Panthers' attack the jolt it needs.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=https://mobile.twitter.com/i/nojs_router?path=/">
pointing-and-laughing.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in NFL history (47)
  • Most passing yards by a quarterback in first two games (854)
  • Most games in NFL history with a passing touchdown and a rushing touchdown (32)
  • Most player of the week awards in a single season (5) tied with Tom Brady
  • First player in NFL history and most games with at least 250 passing yards, 100 rushing yards, 1 passing touchdown, and 1 rushing touchdown in a single game (2)
  • Most games in single season with at least one passing touchdown and one rushing touchdown (8)
  • Only player in NFL history with at least 30 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns in same season
  • Most rushing touchdowns in single season by a quarterback (14)
  • Most combined yards in a player’s first five seasons (21,560)
  • First quarterback and fifth player in NFL history with at least 500 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns, and 4.8 yards a carry in 5 consecutive NFL seasons
  • First quarterback in NFL history to win both MVP and OROY in his career.
  • Fastest player to throw for 1,000 yards
  • Sixth quarterback to throw for 400+ yards in back to back games
  • First player in NFL history with at least five rushing touchdowns and five passing touchdowns in his first five games
  • Twenty-fifth NFL player (and first quarterback) to have 20 rushing touchdowns in first two seasons [162]
  • First player to have 30 passing touchdowns and 20 rushing touchdowns in first two seasons
  • First player in NFL history with 50 passing touchdowns and 25 rushing touchdowns in his first three seasons
  • First player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards and 10+ rushing touchdowns in a season
  • First player in NFL history with 4,000+ passing yards and 500+ rushing yards in a season
  • First quarterback in NFL history with 100+ pass touchdowns and 25+ rush touchdowns in first five seasons
  • First quarterback in NFL history with multiple seasons of 20+ passing touchdowns and 10+ rushing touchdowns in a season
  • First player in NFL history with 10,000 passing yards and 1,000 rushing yards in his first three seasons
  • First player in NFL history with 10,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing yards in his first four seasons
  • First player in NFL history to have at least 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in five consecutive seasons
  • First quarterback in NFL history to rush for 100+ yards and pass for 300+ yards with 5 touchdowns in a single game
  • First player in NFL history with 100+ rush yards and 5 pass touchdowns in a single game
  • First player with 3,500 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns and 10 rushing touchdowns in a single season
  • First quarterback in NFL history with 10+ rushing touchdowns in multiple NFL seasons
  • Fifth quarterback in NFL history with 3+ games with 5+ touchdown passes in a season
  • Fourth quarterback to win 17+ straight regular season starts in the Super Bowl era
  • Most games in NFL history with at least 200 passing yards and 80 rushing yards with multiple touchdown passes and a rushing touchdown
  • 3rd quarterback in NFL history with 2+ passing touchdowns and 1+ rushing touchdown
  • 2nd quarterback in NFL history with 3+ passing touchdowns and 1+ rushing touchdown
  • First starting quarterback to win the NFC South in consecutive seasons
  • Second player in NFL history with 7,500+ pass yards and 40+ pass touchdowns in first two seasons, joining Peyton Manning
  • 3rd quarterback in NFL history to pass for over 3.000 yards in his first five seasons
  • 2nd most 5+ touchdown games in a single season
  • 2nd quarterback with 300+ passing yards and 100+ rushing yards in a single game
  • First player in Super Bowl era to pass for 300 yards and rush for multiple touchdowns in a playoff game
  • Most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in his first four season
Cam Newton isn't a good QB. But he's isn't just a QB. He's a roller coaster QB just like the Panthers are a roller coaster franchise. But to say Cam Newton sucks is a severely uneducated opinion. Cam Newton is a playmaker. He's a big RB. He's a QB. He is a top 10 QB in this league and there is no arguing that.
Cam top 10, not arguable?? No.
In no particular order: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wentz, Wilson, Stafford, Rivers, Ben, Ryan. That's 9. Then there is Garoppolo, Carr, Goff, Cousins, A. Smith.

Over the next 5 years you want Cam over all those guys except 9?

This past year Cam was better than all but 9 of those guys?

:nono:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norv is a great get for them. Just gotta find one WR.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all teams have QB run plays. shit, brady got his own sneak play hes only missed out on like 3 times.

BAHAHAHAH!

"QB sneak = a Run play!"
"Brady = GOAT running QB!"

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam top 10, not arguable?? No.
In no particular order: Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wentz, Wilson, Stafford, Rivers, Ben, Ryan. That's 9. Then there is Garoppolo, Carr, Goff, Cousins, A. Smith.

Over the next 5 years you want Cam over all those guys except 9?

This past year Cam was better than all but 9 of those guys?

:nono:

No way I would pick Stafford or Rivers over Newton. The guys I'd pick over Cam are Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Brees, Wilson and probably Matt Ryan. Can't say I'd pick Jimmy G, Goff or Wentz over Cam right now because of the limited time I've seen them. Two years for Goff and Wentz and 1 of those years they were not good. Jimmy G, we've only seen about 7 games from. If all three of them keep up with their performances from this year, they I'd have to say Cam is behind those three. But as it stands right now, Cam is 7th on my list. Even if those three perform the same way they did this year, Cam would still be in my top 10. No doubt.

Alex Smith just had his first really good year of his career. Stafford has done nothing or the Lions, Rivers has had limited success with the Chargers over the last 8 years. David Carr is injury prone and has had 2 good years in a row but, just like Stafford, has nothing to show for it. He's also got a losing W-L record as a starter. Kirk Cousins is a great passer but, just like Carr and Stafford, he's done nothing in terms of success. You can toss for 4,000-5,000 yards all career long but if you can't win a playoff game or even make it to the playoffs on a consistent basis, why would I pick you over a guy like Cam that's won an MVP, is probably the best dual threat QB in the league and has taken his team to a Super Bowl?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cam wasnt very good in 2015. he won MVP because the team won 15 games and he can run. didnt complete 60% of his passes. didnt even break 3900 yards. He wasnt a very good QB. he had benjamin in the red zone, and his legs. he was the lowest rated QB to win MVP since rich freakin gannon in 2002. before that you have to go back to brett favre in 97. so cam is one of 3 QB's since 1997 to win an MVP with a sub 100 rating. 3 in 20 years.

Clearly the doofuses who vote on MVP haven't read the Rock Strongo-festo regarding passing the ball being the only thing that makes you a good quarterback

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't true.

2008 Peyton Manning: 95.0

And for QBs who have won MVP in the last 20 years, there have been 16 and 6 of them had passer ratings under 100. Not 3.

2016 Cam Newton
2009 Peyton Manning
2008 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2002 Rich Gannon
1997 Brett Favre

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly the doofuses who vote on MVP haven't read the Rock Strongo-festo regarding passing the ball being the only thing that makes you a good quarterback
im right. data is data.

a QB's job in the NFL is to be a thrower first. cam isnt a good one. he wasnt in 2015.

"vince young was awesome, he could run too"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I would pick Stafford or Rivers over Newton. The guys I'd pick over Cam are Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Brees, Wilson and probably Matt Ryan. Can't say I'd pick Jimmy G, Goff or Wentz over Cam right now because of the limited time I've seen them. Two years for Goff and Wentz and 1 of those years they were not good. Jimmy G, we've only seen about 7 games from. If all three of them keep up with their performances from this year, they I'd have to say Cam is behind those three. But as it stands right now, Cam is 7th on my list. Even if those three perform the same way they did this year, Cam would still be in my top 10. No doubt.

Alex Smith just had his first really good year of his career. Stafford has done nothing or the Lions, Rivers has had limited success with the Chargers over the last 8 years. David Carr is injury prone and has had 2 good years in a row but, just like Stafford, has nothing to show for it. He's also got a losing W-L record as a starter. Kirk Cousins is a great passer but, just like Carr and Stafford, he's done nothing in terms of success. You can toss for 4,000-5,000 yards all career long but if you can't win a playoff game or even make it to the playoffs on a consistent basis, why would I pick you over a guy like Cam that's won an MVP, is probably the best dual threat QB in the league and has taken his team to a Super Bowl?
Not Stafford or Rivers is nuts. Still wrapping my head around that one.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Stafford or Rivers is nuts. Still wrapping my head around that one.

They've done nothing for their teams. Stafford can't even win a playoff game. Rivers hasn't done anything in 8 years. Like I said, you can throw for as many yards as you want to but if you can't win a playoff game or even make the playoffs, why would I pick you over a guy who's been to the playoffs 4 out of the last 5 years, won an NFC title, been to a Super Bowl, won an MVP and is the best dual threat QB in the NFL right now?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
every team has running plays for their QB

It's hardly the same thing though, is it? Brady putting his helmet up his RG's bum and falling forward = "a run play?"

:susp:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck trying to win a playoff game.

Uhh, we lost last Sunday.

Was a helluva comeback, but...

Honestly, I get why people like Rock are so critical of Cam, and you've said the same thing: when he sucks, he ROYALLY sucks. That Atlanta game two weeks ago? Awful...I actually believed they were throwing that game, it was so bad.

There was one particular play, late in the game, Cam overthrew Olson, and Greg didn't even bother reaching a hand up, he just walked off the field.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't true.

2008 Peyton Manning: 95.0

And for QBs who have won MVP in the last 20 years, there have been 16 and 6 of them had passer ratings under 100. Not 3.

2016 Cam Newton
2009 Peyton Manning
2008 Peyton Manning
2003 Peyton Manning
2002 Rich Gannon
1997 Brett Favre
yeah, this isnt my job. i looked fast. mea culpa?

interesting about your list...

6 in 20 years, with the last one before cam being 2009. that makes sense.

2016 Cam Newton 59%, 3900 yards, 35 TD's (new, passing friendly rules)
2009 Peyton Manning - 68.8%, 4500 yards, 33 TD's
2008 Peyton Manning - 66.8%, 4002 yards, 29 TD's
2003 Peyton Manning - 67%, 4267 yards, 29 TD's
2002 Rich Gannon - 67.6%, 4689 yards, 26 TD's
1997 Brett Favre - 59.3%, 3867 yards, 35 TD's (old rules)

so since 1997, 2 QB's have won an MVP with a sub 60% completion. the last guy to do it was favre, in a time when DB's could play defense. Cams the only guy in the past 20 yards to do that. Cams also the 1st QB since fave in 97 to win MVP with under 4000 yards passing.
cam is literally the only MVP in the new rules era to not have 4k in passing and not reach 60% comp%

THATS true.