• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can't hold a lead.

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it that this team can't hold a lead? It seems like every time the O's get a lead, the very next time the opponent comes up, the O's give it right the hell back. Just about every damn time.

Just like tonight's game. Ubaldo just humming along. Then, immediately after the O's get a 1-0 lead, he serves up a homerun, then hits a batter, walks a guy, and E. Cabrera drops a throw while trying to execute a double play.

They can be playing just fine, but as soon as they get a lead, they just go to shit. I just don't get it.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is absolutely infuriating to watch. Cabrera absolutely sucks. Can't get a god damn bunt down, cost them big innings TWICE, and flubs an easy dp. I genuinely dislike watching this team - how many times have they now blown leads in the 7th inning or later? I honestly don't see them turning this around. I'd definitely be sellers on Davis and Wieters before the trade deadline. The one and only thing that may prevent that is the fact that the AL East sucks altogether...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is absolutely infuriating to watch. Cabrera absolutely sucks. Can't get a god damn bunt down, cost them big innings TWICE, and flubs an easy dp. I genuinely dislike watching this team - how many times have they now blown leads in the 7th inning or later? I honestly don't see them turning this around. I'd definitely be sellers on Davis and Wieters before the trade deadline. The one and only thing that may prevent that is the fact that the AL East sucks altogether...

I place part of this loss on Buck. I still think Ubaldo had a little left in the tank and Buck yanked him a bit early. But as for buyers or sellers this year, I'm kind of torn. This is definitely not as good of a team as we had last year and should try to get what we can for just about whomever we can but on the other hand, none of the other teams in the division are exactly running away with the division either and thus is still very winnable. If we don't resign Davis or Wieters, I at least hope that we can make them an offer and get some draft picks back for them if they turn it down.

I do agree about how this season hasn't been as fun as last season. It's obvious this team misses Cruz in the lineup. AJ definitely benefited greatly with him in the lineup. Pearce and De Aza both look like flashes in the pan. In the outfield, Markakis is missed because I just haven't seen anyone out there that's been able to play RF at OPACY like him. Also, it seems like Tillman is reverting back into the Tillman from a few years ago instead of being the reliable Tillman that we saw the past couple years.

Elginbaylor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lough: 50 AB, 2 Runs scored, 1 extra base-hit(HR off meatball from Koji), 2 RBI, 1 BB, 1 SB, 3 CS, .283 OBP, .226 OBP if you include the 3 CS.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious...I was literally about to post who wanted to bet me how they'd blow this one. And before I could post, the 4-0 lead is already gone...smh

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious...I was literally about to post who wanted to bet me how they'd blow this one. And before I could post, the 4-0 lead is already gone...smh

I was about to say "looks like we've found our new ace" as well... and then the Bottom of 3rd inning happened.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9th inning hit by Young was the first since the 2nd inning, LOL

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright got a little roughed up too. 2 HR in 5 innings and he used almost 90 pitches...that's definitely not going to get it done at this level. Still too early to read anything into it. Pitchers have bad outings at times, even the very best of them.

all4ripken

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pathetic game again, I sound like a fucking broken record lol. Although Gonzo has not pitched poorly - he's just made 3 bad mistakes right in the middle of the plate to the wrong hitters

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is offense is garbage. Pearce and Lough are easy outs. Jones cooled off a ton.

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones was pretty much the only one carrying the offense. Machado heating up for a bit there as well, but he's batting lead off now and has cooled a bit too. Caleb Joseph was pretty hot for awhile there too, but he started to fade.

One guy that seems to be picking up where he left off before he got injured is Ryan Flaherty. I want this guy to do well and it is nice to see his bat get more consistent.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it, this team is just not very good. Removing 3 of the better players (Cruz, Miller, Markakis) and replacing them with virtually no one gets you right where you are. We have no ace, only 3-4-5 guys in our rotation albeit, we got away with it last year with better offense, while our defense is solid, it is unspectacular. With a few more pieces, Buck is great but without more options, he seems to have his hands tied with this group.

It all sucks quite frankly because the division stinks from top to bottom and there is nothing we can do about it. We have no real trade value to bring in better players, a GM that screwed us in a sense over the summer with news of wanting to bolt and an owner who spends no money. When guys like Manny approach FA, I'm sure they are a good bet to leave and find a real team with real management who support spending and putting a quality product on the field year after year. (See Cardinals)

I'm tired of watching this crap already because you already know what you are going to get from this team. A very good effort from a bunch of guys who are middle of the road players being managed by a throw back. Buck may very well have to make some waves to get more talent into Baltimore by next season or our only good players will be asking for a way out themselves.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Overreaction of the day]
Note to Buck Showalter: Please take Tillman out of the game... uh, I mean rotation.

Last edited:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Overreaction of the day]
Note to Buck Showalter: Please take Tillman out of the game... uh, I mean rotation.
i think tilly is having back problems . hey we can hit a little with nolan back .

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[Overreaction of the day, Part 2]
Same as my comment from Thursday, but replace "Tillman" with "Norris."

(There's "one bad game," and there's being two of the worst pitchers on the team in terms of WHIP and ERA. When Gonzalez and Gausman return, I'd like to see both Tillman and Norris demoted to the bullpen...)

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Tillman is struggling again... when is this team going to give his rotation spot to Gausman or Wilson?

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tillman is an utterly worthless POS right now. Funny that he got through the first inning just fine, but as soon as he got a 7-run lead, he goes to shit. Not sure what the hell has gotten into him this year. Either trade his ass or send him to the minors until he gets straightened out. Will probably end up losing this game after taking a 7-0 lead. I don't care how much the team has invested in him. If he's not getting it done, he's gotta fucking go.

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing the offense, they probably won't score another run the rest of the day. "We put up seven runs. If we can't win with that, fuck it."

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the benefit of hindsight, perhaps the team should have have DFA'ed Tillman to make room for Parmelee instead of skipping Chen's start? :eek:

(No, seriously... even with the Blue Jays' hitting vs. LHP, there's no way that Chen would give up 7 runs in 1.1 innings.)