• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Canada Vs USA - winner plays for gold

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...except when the pipes are moved. :whistle:

Actually I only have two concerns about this game.

1.Please keep Orpik out of the lineup.
2.Canada's offense has struggled all tournament long. This could be the game they finally click.

We shall see.

More than anything I want Canada to lose. I don't want the NHL players to play in the Olympics anymore. I didn't want Tavares to go in the first place. Now my team just lost it's best player. For how long? Nobody is saying anything yet.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I only have two concerns about this game.

1.Please keep Orpik out of the lineup.
I dunno, he has a history of being woefully out of position, but his performance to date in these Olympics have been more than satisfactory.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, he has a history of being woefully out of position, but his performance to date in these Olympics have been more than satisfactory.

If the game was being played on an NHL rink I wouldn't have a problem. The big ice surface concerns me. Skating isn't Orpik's biggest strength that's for sure. I'd let him watch the game from the Pressbox.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions : does usa keep playing the hard forecheck game or do they do like every other canadian opponent and line up all 5 guys at centre

i think they will continue their style and try to force play and it might play right into canadas hands with holes opening up all over the ice for cda to move the puck

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions : does usa keep playing the hard forecheck game or do they do like every other canadian opponent and line up all 5 guys at centre

i think they will continue their style and try to force play and it might play right into canadas hands with holes opening up all over the ice for cda to move the puck

The thing is, why should Team USA change their style just because it's Team Canada they're playing? They've been successful playing a certain way, they might as well keep playing that way - there really isn't much time left in the tournament to start changing styles of play

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, why should Team USA change their style just because it's Team Canada they're playing? They've been successful playing a certain way, they might as well keep playing that way - there really isn't much time left in the tournament to start changing styles of play

because other teams have shown the ability to bottle up all cdn offense by just standing at the centre line and waiting ... those teams didnt win because they didnt have the offensive firepower to counter ... the us does have that offensive firepower to counter

as i said i dont think the us will change their style ... but again as i said i think it will play into canadas hands

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. There's no reason the change the way their playing. It's worked so far. They seem to have a lot of confidence in their GOALIE.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because other teams have shown the ability to bottle up all cdn offense by just standing at the centre line and waiting ... those teams didnt win because they didnt have the offensive firepower to counter ... the us does have that offensive firepower to counter

as i said i dont think the us will change their style ... but again as i said i think it will play into canadas hands

The problem though is that most of the teams playing Canada to this point didn't have the talent to play a hard forecheck, they had to play great defensively in order to have any chance - the US can actually score some goals and play their style - those teams playing Canada HAD to play that certain style

If the US changes their style, that means they're scared of what Team Canada can do(they should respect them but not be scared) - don't want Team USA sending that type of message - both teams are really good and the US shouldn't have to change their system - play to your strengths and whoever wins will win

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem though is that most of the teams playing Canada to this point didn't have the talent to play a hard forecheck, they had to play great defensively in order to have any chance - the US can actually score some goals and play their style - those teams playing Canada HAD to play that certain style

If the US changes their style, that means they're scared of what Team Canada can do(they should respect them but not be scared) - don't want Team USA sending that type of message - both teams are really good and the US shouldn't have to change their system - play to your strengths and whoever wins will win

and if those teams had any semblance of offensive talent, that style played against canada would have won them the game

i think this will be right in canadas wheelhouse ... their strength is their dmen and the outlet pass ... i think those dmen will take pleasure in finally, in the face of forecheckers, being able to spot a forward up ice open for a pass with room to skate in

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 2 things sums it up

Hey US

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVRzk3VWOKY]Toby Keith - Who's Your Daddy? - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you for your time

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and remember this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHUf52REQ6g]Sidney Crosby's Golden Goal vs USA - YouTube[/ame]

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sry all of this american trolling comes from being a military brat. You are raised to be canadian all the way

Here do a good game :suds:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope the USA doesn't change their style of play. Like to see how far trying to get those lollipop odd man rushes they have been used to vs these European teams will get them vs our defense.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the game was being played on an NHL rink I wouldn't have a problem. The big ice surface concerns me. Skating isn't Orpik's biggest strength that's for sure. I'd let him watch the game from the Pressbox.
Which is counter to how he has played better on the larger ice surface so far. Orpik's game is heavy hitting...with that aspect of the Olympic game diminished somewhat, perhaps he is able to concentrate more on his positional play by not focusing on the hitting aspect of his game.

I'm really not that concerned whether he plays or not, but to say that he is a liability out there and his presence is actually a hindrance, I don't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do hope the USA doesn't change their style of play. Like to see how far trying to get those lollipop odd man rushes they have been used to vs these European teams will get them vs our defense.

probibly goes a lil something like this

"kessell along the boards. And is hit hard by Shea weber"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I imagine we will see a shit load more body checks in this game. its going to be awesome

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...except when the pipes are moved. :whistle:

:suds:

Somebody call the cops because I was up at 4:30 am for Finland - Russia this morning.

NUMBER ONE COP IN... a folding chair. Kinda off to the side of the bench. Not doing anything, really.
images

I imagine we will see a shit load more body checks in this game. its going to be awesome

I hope the attacking forwards (on both sides) realize this and got through the middle instead of along the boards. I wanna see some open ice mastery.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the attacking forwards (on both sides) realize this and got through the middle instead of along the boards. I wanna see some open ice mastery.

Hamhuis delivers a textbook hip-check, but he won't be in Friday's game.