• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we learn to win with class?

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine what might happen to Cleveland if the Browns won a Superbowl... or Detroit if the Lions won. Or even Toronto if the Leafs win the Stanley Cup. It's every sports city, and especially the ones who have had to go through more disappointment with their teams that will have the strongest reactions. Naturally the reactions are going to be very passionate. As they should be.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they don't have to act like a bunch of half wits, turning over cars and looting. This is not the way to show your appreciation of a good team. It is the act of 10 year old childlike idiots.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, they don't have to act like a bunch of half wits, turning over cars and looting. This is not the way to show your appreciation of a good team. It is the act of 10 year old childlike idiots.

All fan bases have fans with the mentality of a ten year old. Just the way it is when enough humans are aligned behind something. Big wins happen, cars get overturned, idiots loot.

Half wits exist.....

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philly fans have always been the worst. not because some are rubbing it in (everyone does that) but it's the other nonsense that leads up to it.

the whole "we never win anything" baby bullshit. a serious lack of knowledge and overall stupidity from actual legit fans < someone told me after the eagles superbowl win "i've been waiting for this all my life".. and a few lines later said "the eagles would have only won 3 or 4 games if foles had started all year." :pound:

always claiming to be better than other fan bases.. the best around.. we "deserve" this. forever trying to play the hard working, underdog role. fucking rocky wasn't a real guy who somehow represents every philly sports team.

i don't know how many times i've been to random philly games and our own fans are harrassing our own players. fuckin' mind boggling. and i'm not talking about scrubs either. i remember one guy relentlessly dogging dykstra a few rows out in center one day.. enough so that he finally turned around, looked up and grabbed his crotch. and everyone around laughs. typical 'proud' philly moment.

So, the only ones suggesting that Philly fans aren't the worst in sports is **surprise** Philly fans, and now we even have Philly fans admitting as much.

Put your head in the sand though, Eagles fans, and pretend "this shit happens with this frequency everywhere."

They had to grease the light poles in Philly, for fuck's sake.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Howard being the black Adam Dunn....the fuck did Adam Dunn do to you? Lol

That's funny, but there was a time when he was still the Philly golden boy, and I could statistically show that the two were very close - Howard had a little more power, Dunn had a little more patience - and Phillies fans would lose their minds. "But Howard was the fastest to 200 HRs! And yadda, yadda, yadda."

Man, those were fun days.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fan bases have fans with the mentality of a ten year old. Just the way it is when enough humans are aligned behind something. Big wins happen, cars get overturned, idiots loot.

Half wits exist.....

To paraphrase Norman Maclean, the world is full of bastards, the ratio increasing rapidly the closer one gets to South Street.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the only ones suggesting that Philly fans aren't the worst in sports is **surprise** Philly fans, and now we even have Philly fans admitting as much.

Put your head in the sand though, Eagles fans, and pretend "this shit happens with this frequency everywhere."

They had to grease the light poles in Philly, for fuck's sake.

Yep, because THATS the Philly fan to go to for a clear read on the fan base as a whole.
Keep your mining hat on....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, the Philly championship celebration went off without a hitch though. There was very little chaos or violence. That part was forgotten quickly by the critics.

But yea, one dude did eat horse shit. It's true. Don't ask me to explain why a man would eat dookie.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, because THATS the Philly fan to go to for a clear read on the fan base as a whole.
Keep your mining hat on....

solid job instantly proving a side point. philly fans always trying to argue, 1-up and discredit each other.

i speak for myself and just gave my opinion. i've been living in or around philly 99.9% of my life, always a fan of the 4 main teams. i used to hit the sub and travel across the city with friends in gradeschool to get autographs and catch games. i've met and had mini conversations with hundreds of players and legends and have come across millions of fans.

i've always been surrounded in the philly sports environment and most likely always will. but OK, the guy with florida state as his 3rd favorite team, who probably isn't close to philly, is going to talk down to me on a forum like i'm some midwesterner who just hopped on the eagles bandwagon or something.

K.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
solid job instantly proving a side point. philly fans always trying to argue, 1-up and discredit each other.

i speak for myself and just gave my opinion. i've been living in or around philly 99.9% of my life, always a fan of the 4 main teams. i used to hit the sub and travel across the city with friends in gradeschool to get autographs and catch games. i've met and had mini conversations with hundreds of players and legends and have come across millions of fans.

i've always been surrounded in the philly sports environment and most likely always will. but OK, the guy with florida state as his 3rd favorite team, who probably isn't close to philly, is going to talk down to me on a forum like i'm some midwesterner who just hopped on the eagles bandwagon or something.

K.

his response wasn't to you, fucking dipshit.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his response wasn't to you, fucking dipshit.

oh shit! it's one of those rare, middle aged, super tough and totally not nerdy in any way 'IT' guys acting billy badass on a forum. talk about finding a unicorn!

SLINKY quoted my post, to which ORLANDO quoted his.. thus, giving the clear impression ORLANDO is referring to me.

so.. get off my dick, you worthless pussy. we've already established i would make you piss your pants and then shove your head in the toilet if you were out of your little safe zone. it would be high school all over again for you.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh shit! it's one of those rare, middle aged, super tough and totally not nerdy in any way 'IT' guys acting billy badass on a forum. talk about finding a unicorn!

SLINKY quoted my post, to which ORLANDO quoted his.. thus, giving the clear impression ORLANDO is referring to me.

so.. get off my dick, you worthless pussy. we've already established i would make you piss your pants and then shove your head in the toilet if you were out of your little safe zone. it would be high school all over again for you.

ironic post, but not as bad as most of your posts bragging about being the best fan ever or meeting/knowing the most sports stars.

tell me again how many philly sports events you attend each year.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you, but it's half the population of the world, man. You can't be responsible or cast "holier than thou" judgement for a few dummies who don't know how to act when their team wins. They're not going to listen to you anyway; fans are going to celebrate the way they see fit, whether you like it or not. That's just the reality of it.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K.

So....you make mention of a side point....you are clearly stating this side point that Philly fans always trying to argue, 1-up and discredit one another, correct?

Hmmmmm.

None of what you mention was intent from me. I just felt I should share with my new pal, Slinky, how if he thinks he finally found some kind of consensus with Philly fans he might want to check that out some more before he puts that feather in his cap.

This is what I get for being so "un-Philly" and try to help a brother out.....nice.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but it's half the population of the world, man. You can't be responsible or cast "holier than thou" judgement for a few dummies who don't know how to act when their team wins. They're not going to listen to you anyway; fans are going to celebrate the way they see fit, whether you like it or not. That's just the reality of it.
It didn't use to be this way. People, here in the sates, used to be very civil. Now they act like idiots.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....you make mention of a side point....you are clearly stating this side point that Philly fans always trying to argue, 1-up and discredit one another, correct?

Hmmmmm.

None of what you mention was intent from me. I just felt I should share with my new pal, Slinky, how if he thinks he finally found some kind of consensus with Philly fans he might want to check that out some more before he puts that feather in his cap.

This is what I get for being so "un-Philly" and try to help a brother out.....nice.

watch it, he might internet stomp you if you ever leave your safe zone.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't use to be this way. People, here in the sates, used to be very civil. Now they act like idiots.
eaglesspeech.jpg

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I have no ill will whatsoever to the gay community. In fact, I thank them as a whole- I used to dress like a slob, but have taken some pointers from some of the more neatly-dressed homosexuals that I know.

That being said, this might go down as the gayest thread in the history of gay threads.

Gay. Gay. Gay.

This thread isn't a little gay. This thread isn't moderately gay. This thread isn't even really gay.

This thread is Elton John saying "Damn, son- butch it up!" gay.

Hope you all feel fabulous after 8 pages of this flaming shit.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. I like you guys, but, seriously.

@Iggloo- Why can't we win with more class, like some random Lions' RB who never played in a Super Bowl?! That would be soooooo fabulous, guys! I'm in the process of writing the congratulation memo's to the Patriots and Cowboys because they truly played exquisite this year, and they deserve that cute Lombardi Trophy just as much as us!!!

@SlinkyRedfoot- Ewwwwwwy! Philly fans are soooooo scary! I root for a team that plays in a city that makes Syria look like Hawaii, but ewwwwwwwy!!! They're so rough and tough. I heard one of their fans out of the million+ who follow their sports even threw up on someone. So not fabulous.

@_phiLLies_- i've met all the philly greats. my favorite player I met was Billy Bean, who technically never played for the phillies, but was at CBP in september of 2016. he's MLB's ambassador for inclusion. I told him how big a fan I was, and offered to blow him. he said no, but still pretty awesome. did I mention that I'm the greatest? 'cuz I am.