• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we learn to win with class?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of shitty fans out there, but I'm fairly certain Eagle fans are the only ones willing to punch a horse and eat a horses shit.

You are all some FUCKED UP people over here.

Note** I don't mean every Eagle fan but you reputation isn't the best in the world.
We're just better than you at pretty much everything. Better in every single direction.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now....no need to pile on.

I think it’s fair to be said that the more tortured a fan base is the more douchey parts of that fan base can act. It’s not an absolute, perhaps. But it holds some truth.

You would think a Cleveland fan would get that.

Absolutely. Cleveland is definitely one of those cities, if anything you would think they could relate to the torment and understand the frustration that leads to inexcusable incidents that occur, rather than acting all high and mighty that their fan base is so much better. Just bugs me when people fall for low-hanging fruit and a lazy narrative portrayed by some because it's easy to do that.

If the Browns ever win a SB, I'd be happy for them because of all the shit they've had to go through. And they've been through some shit. Ditto for the Lions. Or the Bills. I hate the Toronto Maple Leafs but I'd be happy for their fan base too, not call them out for being poor winners or not knowing how to handle yourself after a major win. Like I said, for all the stuff we've been through as Eagle fans, we deserve to celebrate in the moment... most of us can't be responsible or feel guilty for a small group's actions - we don't have to be sorry to anyone for that, because it would be no different in any of those other cities if they achieved the same goal.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're just better than you at pretty much everything. Better in every single direction.
DisastrousGeneralCrownofthornsstarfish-max-1mb.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please - I am an Eagles fan, I am not from the area, and definitely not trying to be a homer so I can look at this objectively. Is Philly a rowdy crowd? Sure, but no more than games I've been to personally in Toronto or New York for example. Every major sports city has it's share of crap, no worse than the other. You know there's a lot of people that look at Cleveland the same way as Philly - and Cleveland apparently has had its share of incidents over the years. If you live in a glass house...

I've posted links to numerous articles ranking Philly fans as the worst. The general consensus on tHoop is that Philly fans are the worst -- except with Philly fans, which is not surprising. Again, I'm not surprised to see an Eagles fan saying "but, but, but Cleveland."

Oh please is right.

lolz

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just bugs me when people fall for low-hanging fruit and a lazy narrative portrayed by some because it's easy to do that.

It cracks me up to see Philly fans yell, "FAKE NEWS" at all the national articles citing them as the worst.

lolz

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've posted links to numerous articles ranking Philly fans as the worst. The general consensus on tHoop is that Philly fans are the worst -- except with Philly fans, which is not surprising. Again, I'm not surprised to see an Eagles fan saying "but, but, but Cleveland."

Oh please is right.

lolz

Who cares what tHoop says? You want to believe Cleveland fans are any better, but they're not. Your fan base is just as maligned and exasperated as Philly's is/was. You can't tell me that Cleveland wouldn't burn to the ground if the Brownies won.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares what tHoop says? You want to believe Cleveland fans are any better, but they're not. Your fan base is just as maligned and exasperated as Philly's is/was. You can't tell me that Cleveland wouldn't burn to the ground if the Brownies won.

"who cares what anyone says other than Eagles fans."

lolz

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"who cares what anyone says other than Eagles fans."

lolz

You're absolutely right. No one else opinions matter right now because we are the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. You can argue Philly fans are the worst and that's OK. We'll go back to shining our trophy now.

LOLZ

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely right. No one else opinions matter right now because we are the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS. You can argue Philly fans are the worst and that's OK. We'll go back to shining our trophy now.

LOLZ

Well, for someone who doesn't care about others' opinions, you've sure spent a lot of time on here trying to convince others to change their opinions.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, for someone who doesn't care about others' opinions, you've sure spent a lot of time on here trying to convince others to change their opinions.

Slinky, I have no interest in doing that - people can think what they want to think. I was just trying to defend my opinion, so no harm no foul. It's all in good fun.

I will tell you that if you and I are alive to see a Browns' SB, I will be cheering for you and your team, because I can appreciate a fan base that has lived through seemingly infinite despair only to experience the joy of championship. Just not if they play my Eagles though. And we'll have a pissing contest then to see whose fans are more scummy.

:suds:

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually....considering the board this post is on....you would be the one trying to convince others to change their minds. Let’s just call it what it is.

Keep enjoying the futile headbanging here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually....considering the board this post is on....you would be the one trying to convince others to change their minds. Let’s just call it what it is.

Keep enjoying the futile headbanging here.

I'm not trying to change anything. I just love fucking with Philly fans. Started way back when Ryan Howard was still the golden boy and I used to call him "The Black Adam Dunn" and Phillies fans on FanNation would come absolutely unglued and lose their minds.

Good times.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slinky, I have no interest in doing that - people can think what they want to think. I was just trying to defend my opinion, so no harm no foul. It's all in good fun.

I will tell you that if you and I are alive to see a Browns' SB, I will be cheering for you and your team, because I can appreciate a fan base that has lived through seemingly infinite despair only to experience the joy of championship. Just not if they play my Eagles though. And we'll have a pissing contest then to see whose fans are more scummy.

:suds:

Appreciate that. I'm not much of an NFL fan. I'd trade the Browns' and LeBron James' very existences for an Indians title.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate that. I'm not much of an NFL fan. I'd trade the Browns' and LeBron James' very existences for an Indians title.

Indians title. I’d like to see that for damn sure! Cheered for it myself two years ago.

As for Howard being the black Adam Dunn....the fuck did Adam Dunn do to you? Lol

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the definitive, undeniable futility of Cleveland browns. a case to abolish them, and start over.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indians title. I’d like to see that for damn sure! Cheered for it myself two years ago.

As for Howard being the black Adam Dunn....the fuck did Adam Dunn do to you? Lol

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
philly fans have always been the worst. not because some are rubbing it in (everyone does that) but it's the other nonsense that leads up to it.

the whole "we never win anything" baby bullshit. a serious lack of knowledge and overall stupidity from actual legit fans < someone told me after the eagles superbowl win "i've been waiting for this all my life".. and a few lines later said "the eagles would have only won 3 or 4 games if foles had started all year." :pound:

always claiming to be better than other fan bases.. the best around.. we "deserve" this. forever trying to play the hard working, underdog role. fucking rocky wasn't a real guy who somehow represents every philly sports team.

i don't know how many times i've been to random philly games and our own fans are harrassing our own players. fuckin' mind boggling. and i'm not talking about scrubs either. i remember one guy relentlessly dogging dykstra a few rows out in center one day.. enough so that he finally turned around, looked up and grabbed his crotch. and everyone around laughs. typical 'proud' philly moment.

dann bunn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some of our Eagles posters going on the main board and talking shit weeks after the SB. And I think...why?

Ever hear the phrase, "Act like you've been there before?"

I know you haven't actually been there before, because, well, we are Eagles fans, but show some class please. Yes, a lot of teams' fans talked smack. But we have the Lombardi, they don't. No need to rub it in.

Some of you guys are starting to sound like Patriots fans after one ring!

This is the best celebration of all time, remember that...
This is also one of the Best running backs to ever play in the NFL. A lot of younger guys don't know who this is; His Father told him, not to act like a clown. ACT LIKE YOU BEEN THERE BEFORE. Barry Sanders. Now these idiots act like a bunch of circus MONKEYS. The end zone, nor any other place on the football field is no place for these stupid antics. These acts really make these guys look like 10 year old children, not real intelligent people. Also the idiot fans overturning cars.......... That was really cool, yeah. If you had the intelligence to watch the Olympics, do you think the South Koreans, Swiss,Japanese, the relative of our medal winners, acted like these idiots in Philadelphia? NO, THEY HAVE A LOT MORE SENSE THAN THESE NUT JOBS.
barry-sanders.gif