• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the Lions.....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....be a duplicate of the '07 Giants? Could we stumble into the playoffs and actually make some noise? Does this team have what it takes?

Nobody in 2007 thought the Giants would make the run they made. Why can't the Lions do this? I'd like to hear some valid reasons as to why they could or could not.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inconsistency is the sole reason I'll have to say no to this one. When I consider the teams that are most likely to make it in, how the Lions perform, what it will take to win and such, I just don't see it. Right now, the Lions should be in control but they're not and looking forward, I see more problems. Plus, Schwartz is no Tom Couphlin (spelling? ) lol

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Giants team, though they started the season poorly, at least had a decent defense. The Lions defense/defensive coaching will keep them from going far into the playoffs. Teams like New Orleans will eat this defense alive.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear some valid reasons as to why they could or could not.
Tampa Bay 24 Detroit 21

Is that valid enough?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Giants team, though they started the season poorly, at least had a decent defense. The Lions defense/defensive coaching will keep them from going far into the playoffs. Teams like New Orleans will eat this defense alive.

This.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lack of D stops the Lions from going far..... this year.

I think they make into the playoffs, but not very far. O has come around (could use a center in next year's draft), Special Teams is somewhat stable (although Akers is not the long term answer), it's the D that needs the most attention right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could we stumble into the playoffs and actually make some noise?
Wait a minute, I thought we were already in the playoffs??? The cornbread and Kool aid asshats on here have been saying that for two weeks now. WTF??

Do you mean we actually have to play and win games to make the playoffs??? Thats not what I was told. I was assured by the dumbass fucking homers that we were a playoff team and that my attempt at making statements based on reality made me a whiner.

Are you saying those "realist" whiners were actually right and that waiting to see how the games actually played out might be a better approach than anoiting ourselves the division champs because we were leading with a 6-3 record?

Dumbass homers better have a lot of cornbread and kool aid on their menus cause a loss puts us a full game behind the Packers with Rogers getting ready to return. And as for wildcard, dont even think it. You could be as many as two full games behind three teams depending upon what they do next week and one game behind even two more.

How's that shit for reality??? Welcome to it as it punches you right in your cornbread stuffing pieholes.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Thursday. A loss to Green Bay, at home would would make it tough to get in. What with ARodg returning at some point and all. But for the sake of talking playoffs, ill assume we win. So heading into week 14 were still atop the division. And after making that assumption ill go ahead and assume we hold that lead, win the division, make the playoffs, get a first round home game. Again, this is for conversations sake. So in that first round home game who're we looking at? Carolina? San Fran? Dallas? Arizona? Philly? Maybe Chicago? Not sure yet who Id like to face first. Prolly Dallas, but they have a passing game. And it's our pass defense that loses games more than anything(plus turnovers). So maybe Id rather that it's San Fran or.... maybe I want it to be Carolina, with their sweetsweetD and their not that prolific passing game? Idk, I think we can take pretty much anybody. I think. I know we can lose to pretty much anybody, saw that first hand yesterday. Gotta win Thursday.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its about getting hot at the right time. There is something to be said about peaking to early.

Turnovers have to stop. We still almost won somehow. Cut the turnovers down and get some ourselves. We'd have to play better in every facet. Not unheard of but not sure it's likely either. Still plenty of football to make the corrections and I hope we find a way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't beat the Saints anywhere. We could possibly beat anyone else in the NFC at home. Purely hypothetical at this point of course. If we don't win Thursday it's over.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get some turnovers? Haha, nobody in the secondary is capable...still. I think the entire secondary is a joke. Personally, I think the Lions lose to the Ravens, Philly and the Pack. Losing to Pitts, Arz and Tampa really hurt.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense isn't great but when the opponent gets the ball 6 extra times due to turnovers and we only give up 24 points and lose by 3. We're closer than one would think.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with just about what everyone said. The lions record is due to an extremely soft schedule. Their toughest game to this point probabl is surprisingly the arizona game. They have not played one great team and will not this regular season. They turn the ball over too much, allow way too many big plays, are extremely inconsistent on offense and their coach is an asshat. Positives are they have had strong seasons out of suh, fairley, levy, cj, stafford and their o line.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the Houston getting torched without safety help for 85 yards play..... I thought the defense played well. The Dline very well imo. Given it was Tampa, and they had a seventh string RB, but they couldn't run for shit. Too many turnovers. And maybe Im only the only one who noticed that Staff has now thrown TWENTY or more incompletions in back to back losses. Not that I feel this loss is solely on his shoulders. Cuz i dont at all. Just pointing out something that you don't see happen in Ws.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why u gotta mess with the positive vibe goin on here smitty e1 else is all excited and here u come raggin on stafford about 20 incompletions, just dont get it! Leave matthew aloneeee!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still win the division solely on the strength of a weak schedule and the banged-up Packers and Bears.

Not saying that we're that much better than either of those two, but we're still the division leaders right now with a very favorable schedule ahead.

Thursday against the Packers is basically a play-off game... the winner of that one takes the division, imo. If they beat us they have us via the tiebreaker (since we already lost to them earlier in the year), but if we beat them we'll have a game-and-a-half lead on them with an easier remaining schedule than they do. The Bears will take themselves out of the playoff picture like they always do in the last few games...

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Thursday. A loss to Green Bay, at home would would make it tough to get
in. What with ARodg returning at some point and all.

Thursday is a must-win. Period. Lose that game and you fall behind the Packers in the NFC Norris with Rodgers returning soon. Then you have to sweep the last four games (which I highly doubt will happen) and hope that 10-6 gets you in as a Wild Card. My prediction at the start of the season was 9-7 and missing the playoffs. That looks like the more likely scenario to me. I hope I'm wrong.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday is a must-win. Period. Lose that game and you fall behind the Packers in the NFC Norris with Rodgers returning soon. Then you have to sweep the last four games (which I highly doubt will happen) and hope that 10-6 gets you in as a Wild Card. My prediction at the start of the season was 9-7 and missing the playoffs. That looks like the more likely scenario to me. I hope I'm wrong.

I think 90 percent of us were pretty spotnon with our predictions besides smitty who predicted 19-0 i believe he will come in a close second. Its been good to see the lions improve their win total this season, but Im not sure this team is tha much better than last seasons. I do have o give mayhew (xanders?)credit for doin much better in this past seasons draft tho so hopefully thats a good sign for the future.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I did appreciate all FOUR of his TD passes. Even if only three were to guys wearing a Silver helmet.