• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can the Lions.....

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have o give mayhew (xanders?)credit for doin much better in this past
seasons draft tho so hopefully thats a good sign for the future.

I wholly agree on the better draft, particularly with our 2nd/3rd round picks (Slay and Warford). The jury is still out on Ansah, as it looked like opposing OCs were figuring him out before he got hurt, but he was a raw talent that coaching needs to mold, anyway.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we still win the division solely on the strength of a weak schedule and the banged-up Packers and Bears.

Not saying that we're that much better than either of those two, but we're still the division leaders right now with a very favorable schedule ahead.

Thursday against the Packers is basically a play-off game... the winner of that one takes the division, imo. If they beat us they have us via the tiebreaker (since we already lost to them earlier in the year), but if we beat them we'll have a game-and-a-half lead on them with an easier remaining schedule than they do. The Bears will take themselves out of the playoff picture like they always do in the last few games...

Disagree. Chi plays 3 of same 5 teams we do. The other 2 are Dal and Cle while we play BAL and NYG. I would say our schedule is slightly more difficult based on how bad CLE is now and the fact that BAL is playing much better.

Thursday is a play-IN game. Loser is out of the playoffs. Winner has a shot to beat the Bears out for the division. GB has a slightly more difficult schedule than us so we might still have a chance if they beat the Bears as well becasue we have a half game on them. They could back us into the playoffs in week 17

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wholly agree on the better draft, particularly with our 2nd/3rd round picks (Slay and Warford). The jury is still out on Ansah, as it looked like opposing OCs were figuring him out before he got hurt, but he was a raw talent that coaching needs to mold, anyway.

Ziggy had 2 sacks this week. He is going to be at least good. Better than any DE we have had in quite some time. How good is the only question.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ziggy had 2 sacks this week. He is going to be at least good. Better than any DE we have had in quite some time. How good is the only question.

Agree i think ansah will be a monster.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Ziggy has lost 2.5 sacks this year on defensive penalties.

His production has been very good for a rookie. I certainly have no complaints about the pick...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions looked uninspired. With both teams fighting the Lions for first losing Detroit had every reason in the world to step it up.

Detroit has no clue how to finish a team off! They play tight games and keep teams that have no business being close in the game to the end! Tampa was awful they could not get out of their own way and yet Detroit allowed them the big play time and again sunday!

If Detroit thinks they can make noise in the playoffs they are sadly mistaken, they can't make noise in their own stadium against a art place team with their two biggest rivals losing!

And please stop with it was a close game and if CJ did this or Stafford does that they win! They gift wrapped that game and as a Lions fan I can say Fauria's catch was not a TD and the replay official got it wrong! Glad it went Detroit's way but that 2nd foot did not get down!

Detroit Lions snatching defeat away from the jaws of victory for decades!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and as a Lions fan I can say Fauria's catch was not a TD and the replay official got it wrong! Glad it went Detroit's way but that 2nd foot did not get down!

No way- there was a replay angle that showed him dragging the toe on his second foot. You could see two trails of rubber pellets spraying up at the same time, so, therefore, he got both feet down. It was a spectacular catch.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that Ziggy has lost 2.5 sacks this year on defensive penalties.
His production has been very good for a rookie. I certainly have no complaints about the pick...

Don't misunderstand, I liked the Ansah pick. I'm just saying it'll be tough to judge his true impact in Year 1, because of his relatively low amount of football experience.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't misunderstand, I liked the Ansah pick. I'm just saying it'll be tough to judge his true impact in Year 1, because of his relatively low amount of football experience.

Very true, but if that's indeed the case then we should be very encouraged by the results so far, I'd say.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of those 2.5 called back sacks only happened because penalties were committed though. Willie Young going thru a RTs throat collapsed the pocket and Ziggy picked up the scraps. But he's far better than any other DEnd we've had in years, as OL stated earlier, regardless of his sack totals.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way- there was a replay angle that showed him dragging the toe on his second foot. You could see two trails of rubber pellets spraying up at the same time, so, therefore, he got both feet down. It was a spectacular catch.

That trailing tire dust was from when he picked up the foot before he had possession of the ball, IMO. It was a great catch just OB. gain will not complain a break going Detroit's way but I doubt many would feel Detroit got robbed by that being over ruled.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, if the goal of this thread is to create for an interesting discussion on a boring Monday after a piss poor and pathetic loss then I'll go ahead and add something other than a venom raged rant. Six hours of driving, hundreds of $'s spent, and a headache to watch that fuck fest at Ford Field yesterday will do that to you.

The Lions have more than enough talent to make a deep run in the playoffs (assuming they get into the playoffs). As proven yesterday any team in the NFL is good enough to beat any other team on any given Sunday.

There isnt a team in the league the Lions cant beat, not one. Playoff wins require a level of consistency that the Lions have miserably failed to show. The only thing they have done consistenly is show how unbelievably inconsistent they actually are.

The Giants won consistenly getting pressure on the QB, having a sound running game to set up their passing attack, and playing mistake free and disciplined football. They caused turnovers not made them. That is simply not a description of this Lions team.

Even the coaching is inconsistent. Some games you can look at and feel they called a great game on offense or defense, but rarely do we say that about both. On the rare occasion that maybe you might think that, perhaps some of you do yesterday, then the players themselves create the inconsistency by miserably failing to execute.

You don't go deep into the playoffs when inconsistency is the modus operandi of your team. That has been the theme of this team for many years, thats how you go from a playoff team to a 4-12 season. Then the very next year look like you are sitting in the drivers seat for the playoffs again and then only two weeks later be at a stage where a loss probably ends your playoff hopes altogether.

That is why the people saying this is the same old Lions are correct. This is consistenly what they have done, they've left us scratching our heads trying to figure out how a team can be so inconsistent.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we will now see what this team is. I've felt like they are a better team when their backs are against the wall. I guess we'll see the rest of the way if that's the truth.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, we will now see what this team is. I've felt like they are a better team when their backs are against the wall. I guess we'll see the rest of the way if that's the truth.

I would just love to see this team put their foot on a teams throat and finish them off. Detroit makes to many bad teams look good when they play!

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of people said that we would know if the lions were legit or not depending on how they fared against the bucs and they embarrassed themselves. Now we will see what they are made of because their backs are agains the wall? I dont buy it. I get the need to hope that this team is for real but they arent. It all goes back to the first game of the season when they played horrendously in their home opener against a bad vikings team. They did end up winning but some of us already knew who the real lions were. They have proven week after week that they are inconsistent, cant defend the big play, turn the ball over, arent making the big plays on defense and commit bundles of penalties. They dont have a good kicker or return game and their coaches arent helping much. Im glad to see they are winning more games but also disappointed because of the amount of talent going to waste. This lions team is soft, theres no getting around it. If they do make the playoffs we will be very embarrassed when they get slaughtered by a good team. Now Im not saying this to be negative, although Im sure thats how it will come off. I want the lions to succeed just as much as the next fan.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big game Thursday. A loss to Green Bay, at home would would make it tough to get in. What with ARodg returning at some point and all. But for the sake of talking playoffs, ill assume we win. So heading into week 14 were still atop the division. And after making that assumption ill go ahead and assume we hold that lead, win the division, make the playoffs, get a first round home game. Again, this is for conversations sake. So in that first round home game who're we looking at? Carolina? San Fran? Dallas? Arizona? Philly? Maybe Chicago? Not sure yet who Id like to face first. Prolly Dallas, but they have a passing game. And it's our pass defense that loses games more than anything(plus turnovers). So maybe Id rather that it's San Fran or.... maybe I want it to be Carolina, with their sweetsweetD and their not that prolific passing game? Idk, I think we can take pretty much anybody. I think. I know we can lose to pretty much anybody, saw that first hand yesterday. Gotta win Thursday.

At this time it appears the NFCN and NFCE will only have one team in the playoffs which will be the division winners. The wild cards appear to be Carolina, San Fran, or Arizona.

If Detroit wins the division it plays one of the wild card teams first so it would not be possible to play Dallas unless somehow Dallas made it in as a wildcard and for them to do that they would somehow have to get ahead of Carolina, San fran or Arizona

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Im not saying this to be negative, although Im sure thats how it will come off
Whiner, diner, 49er.......shut up!!! How dare you?? You realist POS!! Nobody needs that type of talk around here. We are a playoff team damnit!!! Do you even pay attention on this board?

Where the fuck is Kreton to spoon feed us his bullshit about how good this team is??

I want the lions to succeed just as much as the next fan.
That doesnt mean anything until you sing the praises of how good this team is. Pointing out flaws is unacceptable and whining. Now start signing damnit!!!

Forward down the field
An inconsistent team that always yields
And when the blue and silver wave,
Stand and scream in pain

Go hard win the game,
after 60 minutes you'll feel the shame,
Down the field and gain,
an ulcer with great pain.

GO LIONS

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slay and Warford don't belong in the same sentence, imo. Slay has been bad.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiner, diner, 49er.......shut up!!! How dare you?? You realist POS!! Nobody needs that type of talk around here. We are a playoff team damnit!!! Do you even pay attention on this board?

Where the fuck is Kreton to spoon feed us his bullshit about how good this team is??

That doesnt mean anything until you sing the praises of how good this team is. Pointing out flaws is unacceptable and whining. Now start signing damnit!!!

Forward down the field
An inconsistent team that always yields
And when the blue and silver wave,
Stand and scream in pain

Go hard win the game,
after 60 minutes you'll feel the shame,
Down the field and gain,
an ulcer with great pain.

GO LIONS

lions15.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this time it appears the NFCN and NFCE will only have one team in the playoffs which will be the division winners. The wild cards appear to be Carolina, San Fran, or Arizona.

If Detroit wins the division it plays one of the wild card teams first so it would not be possible to play Dallas unless somehow Dallas made it in as a wildcard and for them to do that they would somehow have to get ahead of Carolina, San fran or Arizona

Tell me something I don't know. Dallas is definitely a possibility for a WC. There are 5 games left. The Cowboys, Eagles, Bears and Lions are all 6-5. 1 game back of Arizona for the second WC. San Fran will either be part of the first group or tied with AZ after tonight. Only team I left out of that scenario was Green Bay, since you tied yesterday and it would be unlikely to jump ahead of 5 teams for the second wildcard. (This is assuming Carolina doesnt fall apart)I also had two assumptions in that post which, for conversations sake, would make it more than unlikely for GB to get a WC.