• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can any of the Jordan-led Bulls team beat this Warriors?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000s Lakers would beat this Warriors teams.
Hack a Shaq with the greatest 3pt shooting team in history would be pretty ugly.

There are a lot of older teams that have a guy that could do serious work and maybe get 40-50pts a game against this Warriors team but I'm not sure anybody has the depth to actually put a whole team together that would drop 120+ points a game against them.

Klay Thompson not playing super well is the only thing keeping this team from obvious GOAT status at the moment imo but when he contributes then its a tough call for anybody.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would MJ magically develop a 3 point shot? Would he ignore the zone?

Some of you guys are really mythologizing Jordan.
I don't want Jordan throwing up garbage from 35' like Thompson.

I want him taking guys to the hole and draining pull up jumpers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him 4 years to beat the Pistons and these Warrior teams are much better than the Pistons. He never even beat the great Celtic teams. I just dont see those Bulls teams having enough offensive firepower and high volume efficient 3 point shooting to keep up with the Warriors.
Egh.
And GS hasn't played anyone even close to the Bulls. Who the Hell have they played? Garbage. The Warriors aren't even a top five all time team, let alone #1. Another team that would smash the Dubs..

Steph.. Magic
Klay.. Scott
KD.. Worthy
DGreen.. Green
ZaZa(lol).. KAJ

That's a massacre
That team took seven to beat the Bad Boys and got swept the next time.

Either Shane is wrong, or this Warriors team is a bit over hyped. I good with either option.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The later Rodman teams would have been able to apply great defense on 3 of GS's players, Rodman taking Durant. That would have given them a chance to neutralize their offense. GS's defense would have been tough as Those Bulls didn't have a wealth of scorers.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack a Shaq with the greatest 3pt shooting team in history would be pretty ugly.

There are a lot of older teams that have a guy that could do serious work and maybe get 40-50pts a game against this Warriors team but I'm not sure anybody has the depth to actually put a whole team together that would drop 120+ points a game against them.

Klay Thompson not playing super well is the only thing keeping this team from obvious GOAT status at the moment imo but when he contributes then its a tough call for anybody.

There are some teams from history that had enough good scoring options to match GS. The 85 Celtics had HOFers at all 3 front court positions plus Ainge and Dennis Johnson. The Bad Boys of Detroit, The Magic Lakers and the 1970 Lakers come to mind.
Those Pistons teams would have had interesting matchups, and might have beat GS down.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some teams from history that had enough good scoring options to match GS. The 85 Celtics had HOFers at all 3 front court positions plus Ainge and Dennis Johnson. The Bad Boys of Detroit, The Magic Lakers and the 1970 Lakers come to mind.
Those Pistons teams would have had interesting matchups, and might have beat GS down.
I guess this begs the question on the other side:

Is the NBA talent pool as a whole historically weaker than it has ever been?

If most NBA fans think there are teams that can beat the Warriors then it stands to reason that the rest of the teams in the NBA just suck right now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would MJ magically develop a 3 point shot? Would he ignore the zone?

Some of you guys are really mythologizing Jordan.

You might want to compare finals 3pt %s for Lebron and MJ.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to compare finals 3pt %s for Lebron and MJ.

Why? We were talking about MJ playing the Warriors.

But if we want to talk about that. Jordan had a 32% and James has a 34%. Lebron has developed his 3 point shot over the past few years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason why there aren't any big lumbering post players anymore. They can't succeed in the league today.

Not true. The league is just at a low point for center talent these days. If Shaq was in his prime, he would still be destroying people in today's NBA. The best percentage shot is still a 2 pointer at the rim. A 60% shooter in the paint taking 20 shots equals a 40% shooter behind the arc taking 20 shots. You can foul him if you want, he still gets a point per possession on average while all of your undersized perimeter "bigs" and rebounders foul out.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? We were talking about MJ playing the Warriors.

But if we want to talk about that. Jordan had a 32% and James has a 34%. Lebron has developed his 3 point shot over the past few years.

And why is that the topic? Because Lebron's team is losing to them.

Career postseason %s are .332 for MJ, .329 for Lebron.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why is that the topic? Because Lebron's team is losing to them.

Career postseason %s are .332 for MJ, .329 for Lebron.

Ummm I think it is the topic because of the thread title?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this begs the question on the other side:

Is the NBA talent pool as a whole historically weaker than it has ever been?

If most NBA fans think there are teams that can beat the Warriors then it stands to reason that the rest of the teams in the NBA just suck right now.

It is weaker. Players rarely come into the league well-developed these days due to early entry. They are underdeveloped physically and with respect to the fundamentals. Depending on what team they end up on (and under what coach), players rot on the vine without maturing and reaching their potential. Sure, there are 4 year college players that come in better developed, but they typically are the low talent ceiling players, as the others declared for early entry.

Things will come back to the norm eventually in terms of the Cavs and Warriors via the luxury tax repeater clause. Next year will the Cavs fourth consecutive year over the luxury tax threshold; without championships, the owner's willingness to pay repeater luxury tax payments will fade. The Warriors have some contract decisions to make of their own this summer (Curry is an easy decision, but will they pay to keep guys like Iggy and Livingston? They also have 6 other lesser free agents, which if not retained, will need to be replaced.)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm I think it is the topic because of the thread title?

...and that thread title is what it is because it appears Lebron can't beat these Warriors through 2 finals games thus far. It's all about the GOAT discussion, whether you want to be coy or not.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and that thread title is what it is because it appears Lebron can't beat these Warriors through 2 finals games thus far. It's all about the GOAT discussion, whether you want to be coy or not.

Oh ok. So your Lebron hate obsession seeps into all threads. Gotcha.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh ok. So your Lebron hate obsession seeps into all threads. Gotcha.

I'm not obsessed with Lebron whatsoever. He's just not the GOAT IMO. Slots somewhere in the top 10 despite his poor finals record.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not obsessed with Lebron whatsoever. He's just not the GOAT IMO. Slots somewhere in the top 10 despite his poor finals record.

Sure whatever. What does that have to do with this thread?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely about Kareem vs Zaza.
I don't think that Magic or Steph could defend the other. They are both mismatches for the other guy.
Klay and Byron is hard to say. Klay is arguably their 2nd best defender. He is very athletic with a great outside shot. If Scott helps out on Curry that is going to give a lot of open looks.
Dray vs AC seems about right.
I fundamentally disagree with you regarding KD vs Worthy. KD is arguably one of the 3 best forwards in the history of the game. Arguing he doesn't have the quickness to cover Worthy is dubious.

I think the Lakers match up better with the Warriors in general though.

Yeah, Magic would probably spend more time guarding Klay than Steph.

Gotta disagree on Worthy, he's a hall of famer and definitely in the best forwards convo. His post moves were ridiculous. I would still give KD the edge though.

In any case, that would be a fun series to see if it could actually happen.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of the Jordan-led Bulls team beat this Warriors?

Look at this team that was put together to dethrone LeBron. Jordan never had to face this kind of juggernaut team. But could he have beaten them?
Both the Jordan led Bulls and the Magic led Lakers could beat the Warriors.