• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cameron Meredith

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else excited about him in 2017, hopefully with a full-time starting QB to gel with? Instead of the rotating door of what wound up being 4 different QB's throwing to him last year?

He started only 10 games in a very bad offense, and still managed to put up just under 900 yards with 4 TD's. Four 100 yard games as well.

He's 6'3 200 pounds, and a very good athlete. A thousand yard season seems well within his grasps, no? If he basically just turns out the same game-by-game production he did last season, he should eclipse it easily. If on top of that, White can actually stay healthy... we could really have a lot better WR corp than we think. When you factor in how that also really opens things up for Wright and Wheaton to do what they do best. Stretch the field deep.

Sure, the floor here is quite low if the injuries plague White/Miller again and Meredith doesn't pan out. However, there is a high ceiling here that is interesting. Especially when you consider how little we're paying these guys. Not a bad situation. To be honest, I'll take this over paying Alshon elite WR money, only to play 10-11 games and be hobbled in half of them.

I think I may make a point to grab Meredith in my fantasy draft this August.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have some decent receivers that can stretch the field and have a 5 wide set without using a running back. I am not sure we have the QB to stretch the field, but there should be options for him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else excited about him in 2017, hopefully with a full-time starting QB to gel with? Instead of the rotating door of what wound up being 4 different QB's throwing to him last year?

He started only 10 games in a very bad offense, and still managed to put up just under 900 yards with 4 TD's. Four 100 yard games as well.

He's 6'3 200 pounds, and a very good athlete. A thousand yard season seems well within his grasps, no? If he basically just turns out the same game-by-game production he did last season, he should eclipse it easily. If on top of that, White can actually stay healthy... we could really have a lot better WR corp than we think. When you factor in how that also really opens things up for Wright and Wheaton to do what they do best. Stretch the field deep.

Sure, the floor here is quite low if the injuries plague White/Miller again and Meredith doesn't pan out. However, there is a high ceiling here that is interesting. Especially when you consider how little we're paying these guys. Not a bad situation. To be honest, I'll take this over paying Alshon elite WR money, only to play 10-11 games and be hobbled in half of them.

I think I may make a point to grab Meredith in my fantasy draft this August.
Ahhh, the eternal optimist.

Meredith went to my alma mater. I'm a huge fan of his. Having said that, he should probably not be a 1 or even 2 receiver on any team looking to contend. White is also a bust. WR is one of our weaknesses. There is no reason to be optimistic about what we have. The good part is WR is one of if not the least important position in the NFL.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh, the eternal optimist.

Meredith went to my alma mater. I'm a huge fan of his. Having said that, he should probably not be a 1 or even 2 receiver on any team looking to contend. White is also a bust. WR is one of our weaknesses. There is no reason to be optimistic about what we have. The good part is WR is one of if not the least important position in the NFL.

Far from the eternal optimist.

However, how could you insinuate that Meredith isn't a starting caliber WR, when he posted above average numbers for a starting receiver last season over 10 starts? Not to mention, doing so with some of the worst QB play in the NFL.

WR is one of our weaknesses at the moment. However, there is upside at the position. It's not as if we have four-five guys that we know are average to sub-par. We have four guys right now, who have flashed very good ability and we simply do not know what we have in them yet. Sure, the floor could be that we have one of the worst WR corps in the league. However, there is also a ceiling there, which could be exciting.

"White is a bust"

He's been disappointing, but to call him a "bust" already, after four games is just downright silly.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far from the eternal optimist.

However, how could you insinuate that Meredith isn't a starting caliber WR, when he posted above average numbers for a starting receiver last season over 10 starts? Not to mention, doing so with some of the worst QB play in the NFL.

WR is one of our weaknesses at the moment. However, there is upside at the position. It's not as if we have four-five guys that we know are average to sub-par. We have four guys right now, who have flashed very good ability and we simply do not know what we have in them yet. Sure, the floor could be that we have one of the worst WR corps in the league. However, there is also a ceiling there, which could be exciting.

"White is a bust"

He's been disappointing, but to call him a "bust" already, after four games is just downright silly.
Wait until Meredith starts getting more defensive attention as a 1. He's not that great.

And 4 games in two years. This guy isn't going to stay healthy for a season.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem with evaluating players after a year is lack of tape, like year 1 in trestmans offense the bears lit it up, year 2 teams had film and da bears struggled. Once teams know players tendencies it will come down to talent then the bears will be exposed.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CM is not a No.1 If he was a 3 then I could see him doing well, but he will get the others teams best defender now. Losing AJ hurts CM. IMO.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CM is not a No.1 If he was a 3 then I could see him doing well, but he will get the others teams best defender now. Losing AJ hurts CM. IMO.

I agree on principle. But in reality, his best games were when AJ was hurt.

I honestly think, if yer o-line dominates, yer d-line dominates, the rest of the positions aren't even that important.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember listening to a game at the beginning of 2015 when Meredith was just one of our no name back ups. I was following him because frankly, not many players make it to the NFL from my alma mater and he is on my favorite NFL team. For what it's worth, the radio announcer during a game was talking about how the coaching staff had been extra hard on Meredith during practice because "they really like what they have in him." I still don't see Cam as a viable number 1 guy. But then again, I never saw Doug Baldwin as a number one and still don't and that guy has a super bowl ring as a number 1, which just proves what @beardown07 said in the previous post. Anyway, Cam Merediths success has been no mistake. It seems like the coaching staff had been working with him and he has been working hard as well. His success what no fluke last year, but depending on him as a number 1 while other teams game plan for him with a lot of tape is another challenge. On top of that he has to get reacquainted with another QB who I don't think will be near as good as his predecessor. It's a tall order to expect Cam to have a 1000 yard season, but there's always a chance.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its a tall order since he had almost 900 last year in only 14 games. He was just raw at WR, even though he had a 1000 yard season in his only year starting at receiver, so I am pretty sure most scouts saw what the current complaint with White has been, that he probably ran 3 or 4 simple routes in college.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Bears' Offense will be a pleasant surprise. The O-line is decent, we have great young back, despite what some tards feel. I think Glennon will surprise some. Is he the next Aaron Rodgers? No. But I do think he can be in the top half or so of the league. I also have faith that Kevin White can come back from injury and be a productive receiver.

It will be interesting to see if the D can come together and be tough, and to see if thse that were injured can get back to form, and STAY that way, i.e. stay healthy.

I think Fox is building this team the right way. From the inside out. I say the Bears "shock" a few people ths season.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think the Bears' Offense will be a pleasant surprise. The O-line is decent, we have great young back, despite what some tards feel. I think Glennon will surprise some. Is he the next Aaron Rodgers? No. But I do think he can be in the top half or so of the league. I also have faith that Kevin White can come back from injury and be a productive receiver.

It will be interesting to see if the D can come together and be tough, and to see if thse that were injured can get back to form, and STAY that way, i.e. stay healthy.

I think Fox is building this team the right way. From the inside out. I say the Bears "shock" a few people ths season.
I'm not so high on Glennon. His ceiling is what you described. Right now, his back up is butt fumble, so at least he won't get the critics calling for the back up to start, no matter how badly he performs. I still think he is merely a place holder who will probably be okay. Glennon seems to have a chip on his shoulder and is itching to prove himself, though, so maybe he can prove me wrong, but I expect him to be Kyle orton for us at best and he probably won't even be that good in his first year.

And getting acquainted with a new QB is tough. Especially when Cam has two new capable WRs (three if you count white) that could usurp him on the depth chart that also have the same experience with the starting QB. His only advantage this year is his grasp on the offense. He could wind up being our 4th guy on the depth chart by the end of the year. I hope he isn't, but that is a very realistic outcome here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so high on Glennon. His ceiling is what you described. Right now, his back up is butt fumble, so at least he won't get the critics calling for the back up to start, no matter how badly he performs. I still think he is merely a place holder who will probably be okay. Glennon seems to have a chip on his shoulder and is itching to prove himself, though, so maybe he can prove me wrong, but I expect him to be Kyle orton for us at best and he probably won't even be that good in his first year.

And getting acquainted with a new QB is tough. Especially when Cam has two new capable WRs (three if you count white) that could usurp him on the depth chart that also have the same experience with the starting QB. His only advantage this year is his grasp on the offense. He could wind up being our 4th guy on the depth chart by the end of the year. I hope he isn't, but that is a very realistic outcome here.

Cam is our tallest receiver, I believe, so he has the fact that he's a different style of receiver going for him. Wheaton and Wright are burners. I would start Cam and White outside, and rotate Wheaton and Wright inside.

I think Glennon has the tools to be better than Orton. Particularly, a bigger arm.

I think if the Bears play tough football in the trenches, and in the running game, I think Glennon could surprise us. Or at least, that is my hope.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great to see that someone agrees that Fox is building this team. It should at least buy Pace a few more years and another head coach if this is a shitstorm again.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam is our tallest receiver, I believe, so he has the fact that he's a different style of receiver going for him. Wheaton and Wright are burners. I would start Cam and White outside, and rotate Wheaton and Wright inside.

I think Glennon has the tools to be better than Orton. Particularly, a bigger arm.

I think if the Bears play tough football in the trenches, and in the running game, I think Glennon could surprise us. Or at least, that is my hope.
Wright can be a 1 or 2, white is supposed to be a 1 or 2, and I'm not too informed on what Wheaton plays, but he is probably more fit for the slot. I don't think the size really matters, it's who will have the most success. Cam might become our red zone/possession WR, but I could also see him only getting spot duty. Wright also has experience with Loggains, which could be big.

We will just have to wait and see. I still think Glennon is just a place holder. I'm also not huge on Loggains being a good offensive coordinator.

I'm just getting used to the bears having shitty QBs and the writing is already on the wall for Glennon to be shitty too. You can select stats to try and prove he's better than advertised, but he still lost his job to Josh McCown. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job to the dirty sanchez butt fumble.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wright can be a 1 or 2, white is supposed to be a 1 or 2, and I'm not too informed on what Wheaton plays, but he is probably more fit for the slot. I don't think the size really matters, it's who will have the most success. Cam might become our red zone/possession WR, but I could also see him only getting spot duty. Wright also has experience with Loggains, which could be big.

We will just have to wait and see. I still think Glennon is just a place holder. I'm also not huge on Loggains being a good offensive coordinator.

I'm just getting used to the bears having shitty QBs and the writing is already on the wall for Glennon to be shitty too. You can select stats to try and prove he's better than advertised, but he still lost his job to Josh McCown. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost his job to the dirty sanchez butt fumble.

Yes, and then Lovie lost his job, shortly after, if I'm not mistaken.

Josh has played decent football the last few years, but Lovie couldn't spot a good QB if he was wearing a blinking neon sign that said PRO BOWL QB.

I don't think Glennon is the future, nor do I think he'll lead us to the promised land this year, but I do think he will be serviceable, and possibly better than most expect.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, and then Lovie lost his job, shortly after, if I'm not mistaken.

Josh has played decent football the last few years, but Lovie couldn't spot a good QB if he was wearing a blinking neon sign that said PRO BOWL QB.

I don't think Glennon is the future, nor do I think he'll lead us to the promised land this year, but I do think he will be serviceable, and possibly better than most expect.
Not for benching Glennon though. TB wasted no time drafting a new QB after that season either. I see your views on Lovie as an excuse. I try not to make excuses for players when I'm projecting their performance.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for benching Glennon though. TB wasted no time drafting a new QB after that season either. I see your views on Lovie as an excuse. I try not to make excuses for players when I'm projecting their performance.

Ha! I think you missed my point. Your reasoning is that he sucks because Lovie fucking Smith benched him in favor of his golden boy, Josh McCown. My point is what Lovie Smith does regarding offensive players, is hardly a barometer to take too seriously. Does that mean he'll be great, or that I'm saying he'll be great? No, as evidenced by the rest of my post stating that I don't think he's the fucking answer!?

But hey, let's argue about making the exact same fucking point, just for the sake of arguing. It'll be awesome.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! I think you missed my point. Your reasoning is that he sucks because Lovie fucking Smith benched him in favor of his golden boy, Josh McCown. My point is what Lovie Smith does regarding offensive players, is hardly a barometer to take too seriously. Does that mean he'll be great, or that I'm saying he'll be great? No, as evidenced by the rest of my post stating that I don't think he's the fucking answer!?

But hey, let's argue about making the exact same fucking point, just for the sake of arguing. It'll be awesome.
I get what you're saying, I'm just stating I think it's making an excuse for Glennon.

Sorry if i got under your skin. Its just really hard for me to get excited about the QB prospects on the bears for next year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're saying, I'm just stating I think it's making an excuse for Glennon.

Sorry if i got under your skin. Its just really hard for me to get excited about the QB prospects on the bears for next year.

I understand completely. Glennon looks like Napoleon Dynamite's autistic twin brother. It's a weird time to be a Bears fan.

This is why I pine for Jordan Howard to continue playing so well. He seems like a good young stud to build around.