• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Call your shot for surprise end of year Top 25 teams.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that Battle of I-10 has been nothing but a pillow fight for a while now. I hear they don't even sell it out at either place. Damn shame.
That game should be one of college football's great rivalries. I know it is tough because UTEP has a lot more history than New Mexico State. However, because of the proximity of those two school, I remember being very disappointed when UTEP jumped to CUSA right after New Mexico State joined the WAC.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game should be one of college football's great rivalries. I know it is tough because UTEP has a lot more history than New Mexico State. However, because of the proximity of those two school, I remember being very disappointed when UTEP jumped to CUSA right after New Mexico State joined the WAC.
Yeah, it should be. The basketball rivalry was real good when Haskins and Lou Henson went at each other. Both places sold out every time they met and the cops had real busy nights. They aren't even selling out the basketball games anymore...at least as far as I know.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first preseason polls are out now and I was looking at them and wondering to myself what it might look like at the end of the football season. I've already done all my schedule analysis and predicted records for each conference and using that I came up with some schools I think might surprise and be there in the end.

Here are my schools that didn't make the preseason polls that I think might be able to get there in the end. Obviously, all of these schools wont make it in, but these are my candidates.

NC State
Northwestern
TCU
Washington St
Memphis
Indiana
Miami (OH)
Western Kentucky
Army
Oregon
Kentucky
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Colorado St
Appalachian St

Anybody else you guys think might have a great year that isn't getting any hype?

BYU (Always play vs tough competition and the few games they did lose it was by a few points)
Nebraska (recruiting)
Colorado (Don't see them falling that far down)
Minnesota (Row the boat coach is the difference maker)
Maryland (Excellent recruiting)

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to calculate this.

Tom Hermann gets a 23 ranking if I remember right
But Charlie gets a 22 ranking with a worse team.

Is that weird to anyone

I don't know that they are a worse team though (I assume you mean USF?). There is a lot more to being a winning team than genetic talent. USF thinks they are a good team because they won a lot of games before. Texas players still aren't sure what the hell they are. They are told they are good, but they haven't won shit. After awhile, you gotta believe they start to think maybe they just suck.

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to be IOWA! with grad-transfer james butler from nevada and akrum wadley they may have 1 of the best running back duo's in the country. plus year after year people count out kirk ferentz and company but year after year he gets 2 and 3 star kids to come out and excede expectations!

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got to be IOWA! with grad-transfer james butler from nevada and akrum wadley they may have 1 of the best running back duo's in the country. plus year after year people count out kirk ferentz and company but year after year he gets 2 and 3 star kids to come out and excede expectations!

Welcome to the hoop

JOZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the hoop
thanxs husker! looking forward to my next visit to lincoln had the best pizza in my life there last time at isles pub & pizza on the far east side of town, and they put cream cheese on it. was amazing!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State

I think that Matt Campbell guy has a solid season.

I think they'll be much improved, but would probably cap their win potential at 5/6. But that would still be a move in the right direction for that program. By Iowa State standards they have impressive skill position talent.

I think they have bowling talent. I can see Campbell winning more than 3 Big 12 games, something that hasn't been done since Dan McCarney.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going out on a limb, but a four loss Vandy will finish top 20.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can tell you, its a very ugly rivalry. I've been in El Paso bars when these two teams are playing in basketball, and the bouncers were busy. UTEP has the weirdest fan base, they seem so passionate, even here in San Antonio you see so many vehicles with the UTEP emblem. But for some reason they don't sell many tickets to home games.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I got UTSA cracking the top 25, especially after Frank Wilson beats Houston and Baylor.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is going to win 9 or 10 games and will finish in the top 25