• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Call your shot for surprise end of year Top 25 teams.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first preseason polls are out now and I was looking at them and wondering to myself what it might look like at the end of the football season. I've already done all my schedule analysis and predicted records for each conference and using that I came up with some schools I think might surprise and be there in the end.

Here are my schools that didn't make the preseason polls that I think might be able to get there in the end. Obviously, all of these schools wont make it in, but these are my candidates.

NC State
Northwestern
TCU
Washington St
Memphis
Indiana
Miami (OH)
Western Kentucky
Army
Oregon
Kentucky
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Colorado St
Appalachian St

Anybody else you guys think might have a great year that isn't getting any hype?

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota, can PJ Fleck row row row his way into a 9 win season and a top 25 appearance?

I like a few of the others, but won't repeat for the sake of saving space

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota, can PJ Fleck row row row his way into a 9 win season and a top 25 appearance?

I like a few of the others, but won't repeat for the sake of saving space

I've got Minnesota going 6-6 this year. They could surprise for sure though.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State has me wondering (dont think they made preseason 25)...I was thinking they would be in trouble this year...Synder maybe run down from his treatments a bit, etc.

But heard someone the other day, said that When Synder is ho hum, they end up being solid. When he really thinks he's going to have a team and says so, look out. And apparently he thinks he really has something this year...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first preseason polls are out now and I was looking at them and wondering to myself what it might look like at the end of the football season. I've already done all my schedule analysis and predicted records for each conference and using that I came up with some schools I think might surprise and be there in the end.

Here are my schools that didn't make the preseason polls that I think might be able to get there in the end. Obviously, all of these schools wont make it in, but these are my candidates.

NC State
Northwestern
TCU
Washington St
Memphis
Indiana
Miami (OH)
Western Kentucky
Army
Oregon
Kentucky
UCLA
Georgia Tech
Colorado St
Appalachian St

Anybody else you guys think might have a great year that isn't getting any hype?

Sure start the thread then take all the choices :rolleyes:

I guess I'll throw in a team that I didn't predict a great season for by any means but I feel like they need just a few things to go right to make a Colorado like jump.... Oregon State

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kansas State has me wondering (dont think they made preseason 25)...I was thinking they would be in trouble this year...Synder maybe run down from his treatments a bit, etc.

But heard someone the other day, said that When Synder is ho hum, they end up being solid. When he really thinks he's going to have a team and says so, look out. And apparently he thinks he really has something this year...

They did make the top 25 but I think they're in for a good year. I'm not sure if it will be as good as the Fiesta bowl team that was one awful game against Baylor from being in the national championship, but they will be good.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'll throw in a team that I didn't predict a great season for by any means but I feel like they need just a few things to go right to make a Colorado like jump.... Oregon State

Damn if that ain't bold bro.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina - While they lose Trabisky, the miss Clem and FSU. Their toughest road games are VT and NC State.

And I think Fedora is underrated as a coach.

I like your list Hook'em. All legit IMHO. I see a lot of them capable of really screwing up some of the favorites seasons...even if they don't make it into the top 25.

I'm still not sold on TCU as much as you are. Don't trust Thrill.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska finishing on top obviously. But i guess if it's obvious, it's not a surprise.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed, only reason I didn't list them is I feel like they don't have a favorable schedule.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most years I would agree judging the strength of their team, but the Big 12 looks to be pretty damn solid this season. I've got Kansas St at 7-5.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Carolina - While they lose Trabisky, the miss Clem and FSU. Their toughest road games are VT and NC State.

And I think Fedora is underrated as a coach.

I like your list Hook'em. All legit IMHO. I see a lot of them capable of really screwing up some of the favorites seasons...even if they don't make it into the top 25.

I'm still not sold on TCU as much as you are. Don't trust Thrill.

I don't trust Kenny Hill either but Patterson has consistently had big seasons when he has an experienced team returning.