• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumblings that are out there is Fields might get swapped for Pitts, just so Atlanta does not give up a high draft pick and save some face. They can always say a player was going to walk anyway. There are also the reports that Williams is not opposed to play for the bears, since they are a large market, but they want them to guarantee a receiver is chosen at 9.

Its exhausting trying to keep track of this stuff. He is Lebron James, wanted ownership, now wants a hand in choosing his team. Guess its time to watch hype videos and crawl under a rock for 3 months.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hasselbeck this morning says he called a lot of NC games this past season and says Maye would be his his no.1....he has size arm,makes great decisions...
Also showed CW with a 95 overall grade and Maye at 94.....not a big difference.

I hearya.......you dont know who to trust......If I remember right,Young was the consensus last season and got it wrong( so far ayways).....and a lot of posters thru out these boards had the same......
I dont watch cfb so I just rely on what I read or see on tape......

And so far Id be happy with one of the top 3 or Jf........this will probably change when I see the combine......and I will be watching.
5 unc games i saw he was total shit.uva really showed unc up at carolna.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reports that Williams is not opposed to play for the bears, since they are a large market, but they want them to guarantee a receiver is chosen at 9.
If this is true, this plays right into the whole "character" concern issue mentioned earlier on this thread. He's already talking too much for my taste.

unnamed.jpg

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hasselbeck this morning says he called a lot of NC games this past season and says Maye would be his his no.1....he has size arm,makes great decisions...
Also showed CW with a 95 overall grade and Maye at 94.....not a big difference.
Great size, Great Arm but he tends to miss throws more than you would like to see from a top 5 pick.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Shrock tonight on Football Night in Chicago Sportscast interviewed Merril Hoge( who is never shy about his opinions) about Caleb........He goes on to saying Caleb is not special,he sees nothing that compares to Mahomes......his ability to throw on the run is very disturbing and innaccurate,its all over the place.....
He cant play in a dirty pocket and be consistant,wont work in the NFL.
And the need yo keep JF and build around him and hope its enough.....lol,HOPE??
Thats not reassuring either.....

Then he talked to Kurt Warner.......Kurt says after 3 years and yoou are still wondering if hes it,its time to move on.......he has not seen enough in JF to pass on CW.......And we will end up paying him,and to pay him is like paying for Daniel Jones which will put us behind the 8 ball and you still wont know if he is that guy.
You play 3 years,he needs to show you hes that guy,and he has not shown that......

Id take the word from a HOF'er before a nobody explayer......

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i respect thay view, sometimes the more accomplished athletes are not the best judges of ability.

Wayne Gretzky was a terrible coach. Michael Jordan didnt have an eye for talent in Charlotte. Andy Reid was "a nobody explayer" QB. Just saying.
:noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as i respect thay view, sometimes the more accomplished athletes are not the best judges of ability.

Wayne Gretzky was a terrible coach. Michael Jordan didnt have an eye for talent in Charlotte. Andy Reid was "a nobody explayer" QB. Just saying.
:noidea:

I would still think the best evaluators should be from guys who played the game better thhan anyone else,but you're right,its not always true....

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still think the best evaluators should be from guys who played the game better thhan anyone else,but you're right,its not always true....
This morning on Good Morning Football, Purdy was called Shanahan's avatar. A great analogy of a great mind without the tools to actually play the position. Some of the best coaches are the guys who knew exactly what to do but did not have the physical tools to do it. Hasselbeck has made a decent living after the game. I dont question what he commented, I just see it as possibly being a little biased seeing him play so much.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the best coaches are the guys who knew exactly what to do but did not have the physical tools to do it.

This is true.....theres not many,if any coaches who were hof players that made great coaches.....
Ditka was more of a buffoon than a great coach.....
Singletary not much.......

Just two off top of my mind.......

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This morning on Good Morning Football, Purdy was called Shanahan's avatar. A great analogy of a great mind without the tools to actually play the position. Some of the best coaches are the guys who knew exactly what to do but did not have the physical tools to do it. Hasselbeck has made a decent living after the game. I dont question what he commented, I just see it as possibly being a little biased seeing him play so much.
That's the same reason why Phil Jackson thinks average players make better coaches than the great. Everything always comes naturally to them so they just don't understand what it's like to not be able to do something, in their sport. An average player has had to deal with it their entire life which is why they have to compensate by studying the ins and outs of their game just to reach a fraction of top tier athletes.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that source could just be someone who has invested their opinion in going all in on Caleb Williams. Poles should not make any decision on the matter until he has fully scouted the QB prospects and brought them in for interviews.

Right now, it is to the team's best advantage to get two or three other teams in the mindset of a crazy bid. If you dont offer a crazy trade, you don't get the top pick. That will have Atlanta (who is a stone's throw from winning that division), New England and Washington contemplating how much they can afford to give away.

If we trade down,Id just as soon as see Washington or NE,just for the fact I believe those two reams have no shot at the playoffs,Atl very well could make the playoffs in that division........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Shrock tonight on Football Night in Chicago Sportscast interviewed Merril Hoge( who is never shy about his opinions) about Caleb........He goes on to saying Caleb is not special,he sees nothing that compares to Mahomes......his ability to throw on the run is very disturbing and innaccurate,its all over the place.....
He cant play in a dirty pocket and be consistant,wont work in the NFL.
And the need yo keep JF and build around him and hope its enough.....lol,HOPE??
Thats not reassuring either.....

Then he talked to Kurt Warner.......Kurt says after 3 years and yoou are still wondering if hes it,its time to move on.......he has not seen enough in JF to pass on CW.......And we will end up paying him,and to pay him is like paying for Daniel Jones which will put us behind the 8 ball and you still wont know if he is that guy.
You play 3 years,he needs to show you hes that guy,and he has not shown that......

As I was saying:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A detailed, thorough evaluation of Williams, complete with a litany of strengths & weaknesses:

Most encouraging strengths:
*Great arm talent, can throw from any angle
*Quick release
*Keeps his eyes downfield in the pocket or on the run

Most concerning weaknesses:
*Holds the ball too long
*Too many fumbles

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolded for some of those out there...

What stood out most to me in the article was,
“No one is saying Caleb is going to come in and automatically be one of the greatest quarterbacks in history,” an NFC scout who sees the Mahomes comp told NBC Sports Chicago. “It took the right situation, coach, mentor, etc., for Mahomes to go from the gunslinger he was at Texas Tech to what you see now. Comps are not about saying player X is going to be player Y. It’s used to add context to the evaluation of certain skills. This player’s ability to do this reminds me of an NFL player’s ability to do the same.

And I feel the need to add, not even the Chiefs could have known how good Mahomes would become. I think that article fails to mention that so much of drafting the "right" QB is luck honestly.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a radio discussion on Caleb Williams and Fields. The gist was that even tho Fields has shown flashes of greatness, in truth he has not been consistent.
So the argument was, if a raw Caleb Williams will get you a "floor" of what Fields has done over the last 4 years, then just take CW.

i have no opinion. but it was an interesting take.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a radio discussion on Caleb Williams and Fields. The gist was that even tho Fields has shown flashes of greatness, in truth he has not been consistent.
So the argument was, if a raw Caleb Williams will get you a "floor" of what Fields has done over the last 4 years, then just take CW.

Fields seems like a leader. CWs floor can be a lot worse.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not Williams vs Fielss but Williams vs Fields AND a litany of draft stock. If, either way Chicago has the same quarterback then why not keep the one in house and get a bevy of picks that can speed-up the rebuilding process in a season or two?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yeah sure, ok:

In what world does this guy think Poles would bite on this:

TRADE: New England Patriots and Chicago Bears

• Bears receive: No. 3 overall, No. 34 overall, No. 68 overall
  • Patriots receive: No. 1 overall

This is the perfect example of some biased goofball thinking the draft value chart actually applies here.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yeah sure, ok:

In what world does this guy think Poles would bite on this:

TRADE: New England Patriots and Chicago Bears

• Bears receive: No. 3 overall, No. 34 overall, No. 68 overall
  • Patriots receive: No. 1 overall

This is the perfect example of some biased goofball thinking the draft value chart actually applies here.

That trade would only make sense if the Bears were keeping Justin Fields obviously. We'd end up with Fields/Harrison/#9 (DE?) and probably the best center in the draft at 34 and a safety at 68 imo. But you're probably right, somebody else would be more desperate from a lower position like Carolina and we could end up with much more if we go the keep Fields route. So highly unlikely.

In other news...Everybody keeps arguing about what kind of draft return we could get in trading Fields. But is it possible that if we trade him, we trade him for another NFL player? Are there any good players out there that could help us that teams would trade for Fields?