• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Butler on Super Bowl Benching

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will never understand why Bill benched him, he's a decent corner and probably couldn't made an impact vs the Eagles... It's hard to question Bill with all of his success as a coach, but he's human, I think he made a human mistake on this one...

He has been making quite a few last few years. He gave up HFA a few years ago to Denver with the dumbest coaching decisions I have seen in a long time. Up 14 point on Philly in second half and tries am onside kick? Philly recovers and runs it into endzone and score the next 34 points. Goes into OT with Jets, wins coin toss and defers?? Fitzpatrick throws a TD and Pats lose. Up 7 to Denver with a like 220 left and doesn't run the ball making ng Denver uses time outs, but three consecutive throws and Denver gets ball back with Oz, scores and lose in OT. Still only need to win last game vs Miami and he has Brady just handing off the ball in the entire first half and Suh almost stomps on his arm. Pats lose and now how to go to Denver in AFCG where they hardly ever win and lose by 2. Denver whoops up on Carolina in SB, not saying Pats would have won but dumb calls. years ago against Indy and Peyton, up 3-4 points in own 39 yard line and goes for it on 4th and 2 with like 2 min left???

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been making quite a few last few years. He gave up HFA a few years ago to Denver with the dumbest coaching decisions I have seen in a long time. Up 14 point on Philly in second half and tries am onside kick? Philly recovers and runs it into endzone and score the next 34 points. Goes into OT with Jets, wins coin toss and defers?? Fitzpatrick throws a TD and Pats lose. Up 7 to Denver with a like 220 left and doesn't run the ball making ng Denver uses time outs, but three consecutive throws and Denver gets ball back with Oz, scores and lose in OT. Still only need to win last game vs Miami and he has Brady just handing off the ball in the entire first half and Suh almost stomps on his arm. Pats lose and now how to go to Denver in AFCG where they hardly ever win and lose by 2. Denver whoops up on Carolina in SB, not saying Pats would have won but dumb calls. years ago against Indy and Peyton, up 3-4 points in own 39 yard line and goes for it on 4th and 2 with like 2 min left???

Is he losing his touch or is there something else to this? Is he trying to stick it to Kraft?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure are being hard on a head coach many folks consider to be the best ever in NFL history but the fact that he was a loser his four seasons at Cleveland gives you credibility sonny.

I have him top 5-10 but only .500 in NE w/o Brady and 0 playoffs. Guy only won 1 playoff game in 8 seasons w/o Brady as QB. Lambaugh, Landry, Noll, Walsh , Shula, and maybe even Gibbs before him

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he losing his touch or is there something else to this? Is he trying to stick it to Kraft?

Touch? He was always a defensive guy. I don't consider Phil Jackson a great coach because he had Jordan, or Shaq and Kobe. I could coach those guys to win championships

Reactions: GNG

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touch? He was always a defensive guy. I don't consider Phil Jackson a great coach because he had Jordan, or Shaq and Kobe. I could coach those guys to win championships

well he lost his "touch" on the defensive side in the most important game of the year

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well he lost his "touch" on the defensive side in the most important game of the year
He's getting old and maybe losing his edge.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have him top 5-10 but only .500 in NE w/o Brady and 0 playoffs. Guy only won 1 playoff game in 8 seasons w/o Brady as QB. Lambaugh, Landry, Noll, Walsh , Shula, and maybe even Gibbs before him
You are at odds with "NW Pats Fan" who considers Belichick an Icon.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are at odds with "NW Pats Fan" who considers Belichick an Icon.

A lot of younger guys do, I don't fall for the BS. I almost want to throw up when someone says in "Bill we trust" They should take out his pole and suck on it

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It turned out right because they ignored a laughably bad dpi.

But now he’s my cheater. So cheat away if you can get away with it....but it’s Tennessee so he won’t.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of younger guys do, I don't fall for the BS. I almost want to throw up when someone says in "Bill we trust" They should take out his pole and suck on it
You sure are in an ornery mood this evening sonny... :D

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball has 11 guys. Football has 53. Give billy a little more credit.