• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls making play for Lebron in 2013-2014

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it to me. They have the cap room for a max deal if they amnesty boozer. I know there are alot of what ifs about this. But the bulls were a major player back in 2010. After the bynum trade and the option of a boozer amnesty... looks like they are going to make a play.

I dont think Lebron leaves miami. but i will be sweating a few pounds off this offseason im sure. something tells me he isnt going to opt out and resign immediately.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone who can clear cap space is going to make a run at Lebron. He's staying in Miami though.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron wouldn't leave Wade and Bosh for an injury prone Rose and Noah. Plus I doubt he wants to play for the Bulls... he's sick of getting compared to MJ as it is.

100 percent sure LBJ stays in Miami.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Melo being a realistic target for Chicago, though.

Chicago makes sense for 'Melo, imo. They don't have much in the way of offensive minded players, so he could pretty much shoot to his hearts content. They are also so strong defensively that he wouldn't be that much of a liability.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see lbj going to the west if if he leaves, sacramento looks really good. It would need a few pieces but it has a very good young center and they have cap space.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago makes sense for 'Melo, imo. They don't have much in the way of offensive minded players, so he could pretty much shoot to his hearts content. They are also so strong defensively that he wouldn't be that much of a liability.

Seriously, how did this idiot get to be a moderator? Is being a 50-year-old wannabe frat boy some sort of prerequisite to being a mod here at SportsHoopla?:lame:

ripper76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it to me. They have the cap room for a max deal if they amnesty boozer. I know there are alot of what ifs about this. But the bulls were a major player back in 2010. After the bynum trade and the option of a boozer amnesty... looks like they are going to make a play.

I dont think Lebron leaves miami. but i will be sweating a few pounds off this offseason im sure. something tells me he isnt going to opt out and resign immediately.

The bulls would NOT have enough money to sign LeBron to a max contract in 2014-2015.

If the bulls amnesty Boozer they would be $14,647,590 below the projected cap for 2014-2015. The max salary for a player with 10+ years experience in 2013-2014 is $19,181,750, it'll be higher in 2014-2015 OR 105% of the salary earned in the last year of the last contract, which would be $20,020,875 in LeBron's case.

The bulls would need to get rid of another $4.5-$5.5 million in contracts they have guaranteed for 2014-2015 if they are to have a realistic shot of getting a max player.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you out of your mind?

Chicago is a defensive minded team, no way in hell will Thibs have a player like Melo. And no way does a player like Noah accept playing with Melo. That's absurd

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you out of your mind?

Chicago is a defensive minded team, no way in hell will Thibs have a player like Melo. And no way does a player like Noah accept playing with Melo. That's absurd

Oh, please. Where has this defensive minded team gone? Nowhere. Thibs is pissed with the FO and probably wants out anyways. The Bulls need another scorer desperately. Not saying it's going to happen, but if Chicago wants to take the next step they need another go-to scorer.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Arizona Sting, I'm surprised a Chicago fan doesn't agree. Obviously Rose isn't enough.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron wouldn't leave Wade and Bosh for an injury prone Rose and Noah. Plus I doubt he wants to play for the Bulls... he's sick of getting compared to MJ as it is.

100 percent sure LBJ stays in Miami.

If the publicity happy Le Wrong goes anywhere it will to the Lakers. Hoping for a post-basketball movie career.

I doubt my Celtics would want anyone with ethical standards as low as Le Wrong Shames's. They value off-court class as well as the on-class variety.

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much everyone who can clear cap space is going to make a run at Lebron. He's staying in Miami though.

tumblr_inline_miese9VLcs1rsa4jg_thumb.gif

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the publicity happy Le Wrong goes anywhere it will to the Lakers. Hoping for a post-basketball movie career.

I doubt my Celtics would want anyone with ethical standards as low as Le Wrong Shames's. They value off-court class as well as the on-class variety.

Homerism and jealousy oozing out of every crevice of this post. LBJ is not going anywhere not ready to compete for titles, LA is no where near that and neither is Boston, despite Boston having a lot tradeable and desirable assets that they could quickly rebuild with.

Pass on Melo, LBJ, if he goes anywhere, it will be back to Cleveland.

I think he would prefer Cleveland be his #1 non Miami destination but history has shown there is no way Cleveland will be a playoff seed with out LBJ, let alone contender. #Nightmarish Incompetence

On the Melo topic, Indy, CHI are great places for Melo. He would almost have to play D and the team needs O so bad they might welcome the trade off. Somehow I see HOU being a cool place for Melo too.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homerism and jealousy oozing out of every crevice of this post. LBJ is not going anywhere not ready to compete for titles, LA is no where near that and neither is Boston, despite Boston having a lot tradeable and desirable assets that they could quickly rebuild with.

I think he would prefer Cleveland be his #1 non Miami destination but history has shown there is no way Cleveland will be a playoff seed with out LBJ, let alone contender. #Nightmarish Incompetence

On the Melo topic, Indy, CHI are great places for Melo. He would almost have to play D and the team needs O so bad they might welcome the trade off. Somehow I see HOU being a cool place for Melo too.

But he makes them a contender along with Thompson and Irving.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he makes them a contender along with Thompson and Irving.

Not even close. It makes them a playoff team, but LBJ on any team makes that team a playoff team. CLE is a habitual mess and LBJ knows that first hand.