• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team that gets LeBron isn't necessarily guaranteed title contention for next season.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Unless he goes to Houston. That's the only potential LeBron suiter that can offer championship contention (as they would be without him). But, in order for them to land LeBron, they would have to find a taker for Ryan Anderson's contract for it to be even possible.

LeBron was the pick for MVP in my most recent poll. Early 2017-18 MVP
http://sportshoop.la/threads/early-2017-18-mvp.248495/
However, in recent weeks the Cavs have struggled, and LeBron's numbers have slipped a bit. Both LeBron and the Cavs may be showing their age, and a divorce is starting to look inevitable.

I don't see LeBron staying with the Cavs, and I don't see him going to the Lakers, nor do I foresee any team helping Houston out by taking Ryan Anderson's contract. Back when I was on CBS during the spring of 2010, just about everyone on our board had said that he was either going to stay at home, play in the bright lights of MSG with the Knicks, or join his friend Jay-Z with the Nets. No one at that time said he was going to Miami. If you would have told me during the spring of 2010 that LeBron was going to sign with the Heat, I would have asked to pass the glass pipe.

In other words, I think there's going to be some mystery team that we don't see coming at the moment that's going to be in on LeBron's services. And whoever that team is - They're going to have to take their lumps just as the Cavs are right now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Unless he goes to Houston. That's the only potential LeBron suiter that can offer championship contention (as they would be without him). But, in order for them to land LeBron, they would have to find a taker for Ryan Anderson's contract for it to be even possible.

LeBron was the pick for MVP in my most recent poll. Early 2017-18 MVP
However, in recent weeks the Cavs have struggled, and LeBron's numbers have slipped a bit. Both LeBron and the Cavs may be showing their age, and a divorce is starting to look inevitable.

I don't see LeBron staying with the Cavs, and I don't see him going to the Lakers, nor do I foresee any team helping Houston out by taking Ryan Anderson's contract. Back when I was on CBS during the spring of 2010, just about everyone on our board had said that he was either going to stay at home, play in the bright lights of MSG with the Knicks, or join his friend Jay-Z with the Nets. No one at that time said he was going to Miami. If you would have told me during the spring of 2010 that LeBron was going to sign with the Heat, I would have asked to pass the glass pipe.

In other words, I think there's going to be some mystery team that we don't see coming at the moment that's going to be in on LeBron's services. And whoever that team is - They're going to have to take their lumps just as the Cavs are right now.
What’s your definition of contention? A realistic shot to win a title? Yeah, Houston might be right there. However, if lebron gets Paul George in LA with him, I’d consider that a contender. Lebron can also sign somewhere for the MLE if he wants. It’s not like he needs the money a max contract would give.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s your definition of contention? A realistic shot to win a title? Yeah, Houston might be right there. However, if lebron gets Paul George in LA with him, I’d consider that a contender. Lebron can also sign somewhere for the MLE if he wants. It’s not like he needs the money a max contract would give.

I'd also add that anywhere Lebron goes, there will either be at least one other max level guy coming with him, or already there.

Either way, wherever he goes, that team will be a contender.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also add that anywhere Lebron goes, there will either be at least one other max level guy coming with him, or already there.

Either way, wherever he goes, that team will be a contender.
I feel like that’s a prerequisite for the team that signs him. And Lebron has a high enough b-ball iq to pick a team that will contend. I could see him staying in Ohio to contend as well. One thing you have to consider is his family. Does Lebron really want to uproot his family again?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets LeBron will be a contender for a couple years in the near future. But let's be honest, LeBron maybe has 3 more years left of being the dominant force that he is before age starts to get to him. I am by no means a LeBron fan, but I can't deny the guy is the most dominant force in the game right now. But he is starting to get up there in age, and I think after 3 more years it'll finally start to catch up to him and he will start to slow down.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like that’s a prerequisite for the team that signs him. And Lebron has a high enough b-ball iq to pick a team that will contend. I could see him staying in Ohio to contend as well. One thing you have to consider is his family. Does Lebron really want to uproot his family again?

Yeah, it's definitely a prerequisite. He's not going anywhere that doesn't have or can't get the pieces to contend.

Interesting thing about uprooting his family is that, from what I've read and heard, they didn't want to go back to Cleveland in the first place. So they may be good with it.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Houston they will definitely beat the Warriors I think in probably 5 games. And obviously he isn't going to some young team that is years away from a 'ship

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And obviously he isn't going to some young team that is years away from a 'ship

Not necessarily true. It depends on the team and what they offer/can do to position themselves for contention.

Example...the 76ers and Lakers are both young and years away from contending.

Both have at least 3 players that look to be potential all-stars/top players in the league.

If you added Lebron and someone like PG to either of those teams...they are contenders. Especially if they can add a couple of solid vets to come off the bench.

Minny is also young and years away from contention. But, because of what they already have, adding Lebron by himself would make them contenders.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to Houston they will definitely beat the Warriors I think in probably 5 games. And obviously he isn't going to some young team that is years away from a 'ship

Ooh. Conflicted here. Who is less overrated? GS or LeBron?

Seriously though, signing in Houston is no lock. They would have to give up some high quality pieces. If they were able to keep Capella, Ariza and Gordon, it would put Houston on GS' level. But, I don't think they would be able to do that.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. It depends on the team and what they offer/can do to position themselves for contention.

Example...the 76ers and Lakers are both young and years away from contending.

Both have at least 3 players that look to be potential all-stars/top players in the league.

If you added Lebron and someone like PG to either of those teams...they are contenders. Especially if they can add a couple of solid vets to come off the bench.

Minny is also young and years away from contention. But, because of what they already have, adding Lebron by himself would make them contenders.

There's so many things wrong with this post that I'm not going to even waste my time elaborating.
And look - I can make a blanket response just as well as you can...:yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many things wrong with this post that I'm not going to even waste my time elaborating.
And look - I can make a blanket response just as well as you can...:yahoo:

There isn't a single thing wrong in that post. In fact, of all of the posts that you could have picked to say there is even one thing wrong with, this was literally the worst one you could have picked.

It's hilarious, you truly are a teenage girl. You're so flustered and desperate to try and "win the internet" that you are just throwing shit out there hoping something will stick. I'll bet you're crying while you type.

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a single thing wrong in that post. In fact, of all of the posts that you could have picked to say there is even one thing wrong with, this was literally the worst one you could have picked.

It's hilarious, you truly are a teenage girl. You're so flustered and desperate to try and "win the internet" that you are just throwing shit out there hoping something will stick. I'll bet you're crying while you type.

...And just because you say something is true doesn't mean it actually is.

List of things wrong with post #8 in this thread:

1) Minnesota does not have the cap space to sign LeBron. In order to do so, they would have to work a sign-and-trade by sending Andrew Wiggins as well as likely Tyus Jones and a 1st back to Cleveland in the deal. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's right next to it. Dan Gilbert would prove to be an extremely generous man if he took on all that extra salary to his already-bloated payroll and just to help Minnesota sign LeBron.

2) Philly and the Lakers do not each have three future superstars. Philly has two (Simmons and Embiid) and the Lakers have one (Ingram, and that's a huge maybe at that one).

3) What is with all the propaganda that LeBron is going to look to play with George??? These two come from two completely different generations of NBA basketball and aren't in the same circles. Plus, they play the same natural position. One of them would have to play PF. Wiggy himself even said that LeBron had been relucant to play the position, and he's one of the biggest LeBron fanboys to ever roam this board. Beyond that, if both these players were to sign with the same team, say the Lakers, it would extremely hinder the development of the likes of Ingram and Kuzma, and it has long been reported that LeBron isn't looking to join any rebuilding team. So all in all, the whole notion of these two players playing together is nothing more than false hope of their team signing two max players in FA.

4) The only realistic scenario where I see LeBron heading west would be if Houston is able to create cap space. LeBron is not going to want to face either Houston or Golden State in the conference finals, especially as he reaches his mid-thirties, unless of course he joins one of those teams himself. If the Rockets aren't able to move Anderson, they could possibly move the combination of Tucker and Gordon. Still, such a move would leave them paper-thin behind Paul and Harden in the backcourt and they would be sacrificing a lot for a soon-to-be 34-year-old LeBron. Probably would have to let loose of Capela and possibly Ariza as well.

It's not my fault you don't know how the business of basketball works. Learn the game.

And last but not least:

5) There is no one currently in our league with the initials "P.G."...Problem Child goes by "PC13".
:yahoo:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Minnesota does not have the cap space to sign LeBron. In order to do so, they would have to work a sign-and-trade by sending Andrew Wiggins as well as likely Tyus Jones and a 1st back to Cleveland in the deal. I wouldn't say it's impossible, but it's right next to it. Dan Gilbert would prove to be an extremely generous man if he took on all that extra salary to his already-bloated payroll and just to help Minnesota sign LeBron.

Find where I said anything about cap space. Cap space wasn't part of the discussion. It was whether or not adding Lebron makes a team a contender. If you add Lebron to the T-Wolves as currently constructed, they are a contender. So, once again, you're wrong.

2) Philly and the Lakers do not each have three future superstars. Philly has two (Simmons and Embiid) and the Lakers have one (Ingram, and that's a huge maybe at that one).

I didn't say 3 superstars. I said 3 all stars/top players. Reading is fundamental. So, once again, you're wrong.

3) What is with all the propaganda that LeBron is going to look to play with George??? These two come from two completely different generations of NBA basketball and aren't in the same circles. Plus, they play the same natural position. One of them would have to play PF. Wiggy himself even said that LeBron had been relucant to play the position, and he's one of the biggest LeBron fanboys to ever roam this board. Beyond that, if both these players were to sign with the same team, say the Lakers, it would extremely hinder the development of the likes of Ingram and Kuzma, and it has long been reported that LeBron isn't looking to join any rebuilding team. So all in all, the whole notion of these two players playing together is nothing more than false hope of their team signing two max players in FA.

Much of the speculation since the end of last season has been about Lebron and PG going to the Lakers. That is why PG has been used in examples. Example, I said that Lebron and another star player and used PG as an example. So, once again, you're wrong.

4) The only realistic scenario where I see LeBron heading west would be if Houston is able to create cap space. LeBron is not going to want to face either Houston or Golden State in the conference finals, especially as he reaches his mid-thirties, unless of course he joins one of those teams himself. If the Rockets aren't able to move Anderson, they could possibly move the combination of Tucker and Gordon. Still, such a move would leave them paper-thin behind Paul and Harden in the backcourt and they would be sacrificing a lot for a soon-to-be 34-year-old LeBron. Probably would have to let loose of Capela and possibly Ariza as well.

Not even close. Most of the speculation has been about Lebron to the Lakers. Going to the Rockets has only been a recent, same with the Warriors. Both of whom would have to give up a lot of what makes them as good as they are to fit him. Bottom line is, trying to predict what Lebron is going to do is like herding cats. So, once again...say it with me now...you're wrong.

It's amazing how much fail you are able to squeeze into one post.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever gets LeBron will be a contender for a couple years in the near future. But let's be honest, LeBron maybe has 3 more years left of being the dominant force that he is before age starts to get to him. I am by no means a LeBron fan, but I can't deny the guy is the most dominant force in the game right now. But he is starting to get up there in age, and I think after 3 more years it'll finally start to catch up to him and he will start to slow down.

He's not going to sign more than a 3 year contract anyway.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this derp, derp get bumped?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did this derp, derp get bumped?

The derp who derped it decided he hadn't fit enough derp into the thread yet, so he came back to derp some more.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team Lebron goes to is a title contender as soon as he puts on his sneakers

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team Lebron goes to is a title contender as soon as he puts on his sneakers

The Cavs' deadlines moves change a lot of issues. At this point they're the favorites to re-sign him assuming Dan Gilbert is willing to pay this level of luxury tax bill. Everything is subject to change based on what happens the rest of the season, obviously.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find where I said anything about cap space. Cap space wasn't part of the discussion. It was whether or not adding Lebron makes a team a contender. If you add Lebron to the T-Wolves as currently constructed, they are a contender. So, once again, you're wrong.

You didn't...I simply corrected you like I'm supposed to. You need this thing called "cap space" (a lot of it, in fact) in order to sign a player of LeBron's caliber. It's called the "business of basketball". You might want to learn what it is.

If Minnesota does not possess this thing called "cap space", it's hardly worth discussing LeBron's potential impact on their organization.

The rest of your post is nothing more than the usual Lakers propaganda. Just because the L.A.-based ESPN continually brings up the notion of a LeBron/Paul George tandem doesn't exactly mean there's even a remote possibility of it happening.