• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team that gets LeBron isn't necessarily guaranteed title contention for next season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which idea?

He would win a title within three years no matter where he plays.

Create an expansion team in Calgary, they'd win 45 games year one.

He's not winning another title in Cleveland.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the opposite, if he brings titles to 3 different teams (never been done) including the perennial sad sack Cavs and the glamourpuss Lakers, he has his best argument for GOAT

James on the Lakers is a team that's a little above .500 and a lot of drama. What team does he go to? The only team I could see him turning into a legit title threat realistically with all things considered is OKC. I don't see that happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James on the Lakers is a team that's a little above .500 and a lot of drama. What team does he go to? The only team I could see him turning into a legit title threat realistically with all things considered is OKC. I don't see that happening.

With Westbrook there? Not a chance in hell.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With James alone the Lakers aren't a title team, just a 5 seed type. With him and another max player (like say Paul George) they are contenders: LeBron, PG, Ingram, Ball, Kuzma, is a very solid starting 5.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Unless he goes to Houston. That's the only potential LeBron suiter that can offer championship contention (as they would be without him). But, in order for them to land LeBron, they would have to find a taker for Ryan Anderson's contract for it to be even possible.

LeBron was the pick for MVP in my most recent poll. Early 2017-18 MVP
However, in recent weeks the Cavs have struggled, and LeBron's numbers have slipped a bit. Both LeBron and the Cavs may be showing their age, and a divorce is starting to look inevitable.

I don't see LeBron staying with the Cavs, and I don't see him going to the Lakers, nor do I foresee any team helping Houston out by taking Ryan Anderson's contract. Back when I was on CBS during the spring of 2010, just about everyone on our board had said that he was either going to stay at home, play in the bright lights of MSG with the Knicks, or join his friend Jay-Z with the Nets. No one at that time said he was going to Miami. If you would have told me during the spring of 2010 that LeBron was going to sign with the Heat, I would have asked to pass the glass pipe.

In other words, I think there's going to be some mystery team that we don't see coming at the moment that's going to be in on LeBron's services. And whoever that team is - They're going to have to take their lumps just as the Cavs are right now.
If LeBron wants to remain in the finals each year, then he needs to stay in the Eastern Conference. Going to the Western Conference means that if he can't get past the Warriors in the Conference Finals, then it's over. Ironically it has been suggested the Lakers trade may have given LeBron the reason to stay in Cleveland. I said ironically because the Lakers made the trade so they could sign two or three big agents - although the LeBron doesn't have to be one of them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which idea?

He would win a title within three years no matter where he plays.

Create an expansion team in Calgary, they'd win 45 games year one.

Clippers are cursed. He won't win one there. Besides, he's apparently already ruled them out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Lebron goes to the Lakers, it won't be by himself, so they'll be contenders if he comes. In fact, any team he goes to will be getting or already have, at least 1 other max level player. So anywhere he goes, that team will be a contender.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is going to the Spurs, he knows Pop will manage his minutes properly as he gets older and Kawhi can pick up most of the defensive slack. Plus Pop and Lebron love each other.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers are cursed. He won't win one there. Besides, he's apparently already ruled them out.

The question is are the Clippers cursed because you want them to be>

Or did put the curse on him?

I am going to go with Donald What's his name(Sterling):lol:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making fun of you because you're an idiot doesn't mean I'm obsessed. It's called pointing out the obvious.

It's called "being obsessed".

Literally the only reason you follow me around and critique my posts is because of my public support of Wiggy the last two years or so. And if anyone is actually wondering (likely), Wiggy himself even thinks the Lakers are the second-most likely destination for LeBron even though I disagree with him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called "being obsessed".

Literally the only reason you follow me around and critique my posts is because of my public support of Wiggy the last two years or so. And if anyone is actually wondering (likely), Wiggy himself even thinks the Lakers are the second-most likely destination for LeBron even though I disagree with him.

wiggy was my homeboy. How dare you say anything otherwise? And guess how many fucks I give because you publicly supported him. What the hell do you want for that, a cookie?