• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The team that gets LeBron isn't necessarily guaranteed title contention for next season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't...I simply corrected you like I'm supposed to. You need this thing called "cap space" (a lot of it, in fact) in order to sign a player of LeBron's caliber. It's called the "business of basketball". You might want to learn what it is.

There was nothing to correct since cap space wasn't part of the conversation...

upload_2018-2-22_18-46-36.jpeg

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron will either go to a team already stacked and bring in a bunch of All-Stars with him to a team. Thats pretty much a given so they WILL be guaranteed title contention.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need an individual thread for what Lebron would do for each and every team. Perhaps one to debate him being the first player allowed to play for multiple teams at the same time. I mean it’s not fair that only one group of fans get to live and die with his every breath.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't...I simply corrected you like I'm supposed to. You need this thing called "cap space" (a lot of it, in fact) in order to sign a player of LeBron's caliber. It's called the "business of basketball". You might want to learn what it is.

If Minnesota does not possess this thing called "cap space", it's hardly worth discussing LeBron's potential impact on their organization.

The rest of your post is nothing more than the usual Lakers propaganda. Just because the L.A.-based ESPN continually brings up the notion of a LeBron/Paul George tandem doesn't exactly mean there's even a remote possibility of it happening.

Shut the fuck up todd

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Unless he goes to Houston. That's the only potential LeBron suiter that can offer championship contention (as they would be without him). But, in order for them to land LeBron, they would have to find a taker for Ryan Anderson's contract for it to be even possible.

LeBron was the pick for MVP in my most recent poll. Early 2017-18 MVP
However, in recent weeks the Cavs have struggled, and LeBron's numbers have slipped a bit. Both LeBron and the Cavs may be showing their age, and a divorce is starting to look inevitable.

I don't see LeBron staying with the Cavs, and I don't see him going to the Lakers, nor do I foresee any team helping Houston out by taking Ryan Anderson's contract. Back when I was on CBS during the spring of 2010, just about everyone on our board had said that he was either going to stay at home, play in the bright lights of MSG with the Knicks, or join his friend Jay-Z with the Nets. No one at that time said he was going to Miami. If you would have told me during the spring of 2010 that LeBron was going to sign with the Heat, I would have asked to pass the glass pipe.

In other words, I think there's going to be some mystery team that we don't see coming at the moment that's going to be in on LeBron's services. And whoever that team is - They're going to have to take their lumps just as the Cavs are right now.
Lebron slumps every year around this time... Lebron would contend on the lakers if they were to get George. I think Lebron stays in Cleveland though. Houston is an under dog, but there just isn’t a team desperate enough to pay Lebron what he wants for a two year deal. After that two year deal is up and Lebron is gone, that team will be in the shitter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron slumps every year around this time... Lebron would contend on the lakers if they were to get George. I think Lebron stays in Cleveland though. Houston is an under dog, but there just isn’t a team desperate enough to pay Lebron what he wants for a two year deal. After that two year deal is up and Lebron is gone, that team will be in the shitter.

I agree. I think his most likely destination is to stay put. Especially if the guys they just picked up keep doing well.

Next most likely, is probably the Lakers.

As for a team he signs with this off-season being in the shitter in 2 years. It really depends on the team.

If he stays in Cleveland, there will be a significant drop off in how the team performs, but I'm not sure they'll be as bad off as when he left the first time. A lot will depend on who, if anyone, also leaves. They did add some decent young talent to build around and should have a lottery pick too as long as Lebron doesn't make them trade it to get him to stay.

If he goes to the Lakers, they have some young talent that projects to be very good, plus, whether it's PG or someone else, there will still be another star player there.

As for the other rumored teams...Philly probably wouldn't have much drop off. Especially if they can convince him that with Simmons and Embiid they don't need to get anyone else.

The Rockets and Warriors are in the same boat. They'd have to give up an awful lot to get him, which would mean they would be worse off if he leaves after 2 years than the Cavs, Lakers or Sixers, imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so many things wrong with this post that I'm not going to even waste my time elaborating.
And look - I can make a blanket response just as well as you can...:yahoo:

There are so many things wrong w/ you I'm not going to waste time elaborating.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was nothing to correct since cap space wasn't part of the conversation...

View attachment 175020

Alright then, I might as well just say the Nuggets would be title contenders if they added LeBron to their roster. Unfortunately, the Nuggets don't have that thing called "cap space", making it a useless conversation to begin with.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many things wrong w/ you I'm not going to waste time elaborating.

Why are you so obsessed with me? I don't know anything about you or your background. What the fuck, dude?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so obsessed with me? I don't know anything about you or your background. What the fuck, dude?

Making fun of you because you're an idiot doesn't mean I'm obsessed. It's called pointing out the obvious.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be stupid to leave Cleveland. Guy's a great player but a third team? He'd just go down in history as the greatest carpetbagger in NBA history.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be stupid to leave Cleveland. Guy's a great player but a third team? He'd just go down in history as the greatest carpetbagger in NBA history.

Quite the opposite, if he brings titles to 3 different teams (never been done) including the perennial sad sack Cavs and the glamourpuss Lakers, he has his best argument for GOAT

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the opposite, if he brings titles to 3 different teams (never been done) including the perennial sad sack Cavs and the glamourpuss Lakers, he has his best argument for GOAT

Imo, it's literally about the only thing he has left to even give him a shot in the GOAT conversation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wins a title with the Clippers, he's GOAT.

And he could.

But he'll prolly opt to win more in Cleveland.