• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Build Your Team

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now in all seriousness before this thread gets hopelessly derailed- any other posters have teams they'd like to put in?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now in all seriousness before this thread gets hopelessly derailed- any other posters have teams they'd like to put in?
I will work on one and see what I can come up with. This is a lot tougher than one might think. It would be tough with 16 on defense to put together a good hybrid type defense that could line up in either the 34 or 43, which is what I would want to accomplish. I may have to pick one or the other and roll with it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB: Aaron Rodgers (Packers)

RB: David Johnson (Cardinals)

WR: Antonio Brown (Steelers)

WR: Mike Evans (Bucs)

WR: T.Y. Hilton (Colts)

TE: Gronk (Patriots)

LT: Tyron Smith (Cowboys)

LG: Marshal Yanda (Ravens)

C: Mike Pouncey (Miami)

RG: Kevin Zeitler (Browns)

RT: Ricky Wagner (Lions)

Defense (3-4):

CB: Xavier Rhodes (Vikings)

CB: Janoris Jenkins (Giants)

FS: Earl Thomas (Seahawks)

SS: Eric Berry (Chiefs)

ILB: Luke Kuechly (Panthers)

ILB: Danny Trevathan (Bears)

OLB: Von Miller (Broncos)

OLB: Khalil Mack (Raiders)

NT: Marcell Dareus (Bills)

DE: Aaron Donald (Rams)

DE: JJ Watt (Texans)

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WR: T.Y. Hilton (Colts)

LT: Tyron Smith (Cowboys)

C: Mike Pouncey (Miami)

RT: Ricky Wagner (Lions)

Defense (3-4):

Great team and it appears to be top 5 at every position and some spots are the best at their position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great team and it appears to be top 5 at every position and some spots are the best at their position.

Thanks! I like the team. I might make one change the more I think about it. The way I did this was by going through the top value positions and putting the players I thought were the best at those positions to make sure I didn't take them away. So QB, Pass Rusher, Left Tackle. But I might change it up in putting Trent Williams at LT so that I can get Travis Frederick at the Center position.

Cornerback was the other position I struggled with. Xavier Rhodes to me is one of the more underrated players in the game right now. Doesn't usually get mentioned among the best but this past season he was special. Allowed a league low 41.8% catch rate and a QB rating of only 39.2 when throwing his direction. Some of my top guys though fell on other teams like that of Harris/Talib for the Broncos, Peterson for the Cardinals, and Sherman for the Seahawks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright so doing a bit of correcting on mine now that I have had a bit more time to think about this and looking at which teams I did not select a single player from...

WR: Julio Jones (Falcons)

LT: Trent Williams (Redskins)

Center: Travis Frederick (Cowboys)

RT: Jack Conklin (Titans)

Defense (3-4):

Changes are in the Bold

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best??? BUAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHHA

In his last game he looked like one of the worst WR's in the game. With a 59% catch rate, 13.5 YPC, crazy hair, crumbles under pressure, gets flustered when players hit him hard or talk trash to him. Way too many negatives to be even close to a top 5 WR.

While I'm not comparing the two...go take a look at Jerry Rice's 'last' game of the 1986 season. He caught a perfect slant from Montana, torching the Giants defense and was going in for a score. As he was pulling away from everybody, with nothing but the end zone in front of him.....without anyone touching him....he fumbled the ball. The Giants fell on the ball, and that all but sealed that game emotionally, because the Giants won 49-3.

If that humiliating play happened in today's twitter/everyone-is-media world, it would make the Beckham story pale in comparison. It however didn't change anything in regards to his stature....Rice's 1986 was the first of many All World seasons for the guy. Then go look at the last game of the 1987 season. 3 catches, 28 yds, 0 TD's. This is coming off a season practically like no other in NFL history.

Again...I am no fan of Beckham....I think he's a hot-headed moron that's been caught up in his own hype. His talent is undeniable, and off the top of my head, the only guys better are probably A. Brown and J. Jones.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tad off topic but Mike Evans needs more love from the NFL fans. He is a flat out superstar but just doesn't get the love he deserves.