• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucket List

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a sports related Bucket List when I was in high school and this is pretty much it:

CFB:

- Sugar Bowl - Check
- Rose Bowl - Check
- CFB National Championship - Check
- Cotton Bowl - Check
- Orange Bowl
- Auburn vs Alabama - Check
- Michigan vs Ohio State
- Army vs Navy
- Georgia vs Florida
- Visit every SEC Campus (Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, Kentucky and Arkansas are what I have left)

Major college teams I have never seen play in person but want to (note if you aren't listed I probably have seen you at some point):

Oklahoma
UCLA
Miami
Michigan State
Virginia Tech
Oregon
Stanford

Other:

- Masters - Check (but only a practice round)
- World Series Game - Check (Braves 2nd game 1995)
- Super Bowl
- Olympics - Check (Soccer actually played in Birmingham 1996)
- Heavy Weight Championship match (this one has actually lost its luster for me though)
- Wimbledon (think I am going to scratch this one not sure why I added)

So what is on your lists maybe I can find some others to add I've done pretty well so far.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note the Fiesta Bowl is not on my list it wasn't anything special when I made the list and I still haven't completely bought into it. In my heart the Cotton is still the 4th major bowl because that is the way it was when I grew up.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a sports related Bucket List when I was in high school and this is pretty much it:

CFB:

- Sugar Bowl - Check
- Rose Bowl - Check
- CFB National Championship - Check
- Cotton Bowl - Check
- Orange Bowl
- Auburn vs Alabama - Check
- Michigan vs Ohio State
- Army vs Navy
- Georgia vs Florida
- Visit every SEC Campus (Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, Kentucky and Arkansas are what I have left)

Major college teams I have never seen play in person (note if you aren't listed I probably have seen you at some point):

Oklahoma
UCLA
Miami
Michigan State
Virginia Tech
Oregon
Stanford

Other:

- Masters - Check (but only a practice round)
- World Series Game - Check (Braves 2nd game 1995)
- Super Bowl
- Olympics - Check (Soccer actually played in Birmingham 1996)
- Heavy Weight Championship match (this one has actually lost its luster for me though)
- Wimbledon (think I am going to scratch this one not sure why I added)

So what is on your lists maybe I can find some others to add I've done pretty well so far.

You nearly got to see Michigan State in person in Tuscaloosa but Bama backed out because they want to have a neutral site game rather than a home and home.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nearly got to see Michigan State in person in Tuscaloosa but Bama backed out because they want to have a neutral site game rather than a home and home.
I actually grew up going to a lot of Bama games with my best friend. His parents had Bama tickets and mine had Auburn and we swapped going back and forth depending on the game. The only times I have seen ND and Penn State were Bama games and I wished I had gone to the Oklahoma and UCLA games years back.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bucket list:

watch some sports on the weekends from my easy chair w/a fridge full of cold tasties... check!

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to do some of the things on that bucket list, but then I realized that I detest crowds.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to do some of the things on that bucket list, but then I realized that I detest crowds.
The older I get the more I agree and that plus the fact my kids are older and more active are reasons I gave up my Auburn season tickets. I went to the games for over 30 years but with the new ESPN package and so many night games staying home was a lot more appealing.

Now I like to do one big away game, sometimes one big home game and then go to the SEC Championship and Bowl game if they apply for that season.

Next year I am finally going to Ole Miss and in 2015 College Station.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My informal bucket list is kind of all over the place:

The Game
Old Yankee Stadium - Check (not much interest in seeing a game in the new stadjum)
Wrigley Field
Fenway
Camden Yards
Browns home game

What I'd really like to do is make a NE Coast road trip and catch baseball games in Boston, NYC, Washington, and Baltimore. Maybe a little 2-week vacation or something where I can hit up some of those towns' sights and bars in between.

I don't have a ton of other must-see or must-go-to events in mind.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My informal bucket list is kind of all over the place:

The Game
Old Yankee Stadium - Check (not much interest in seeing a game in the new stadjum)
Wrigley Field
Fenway
Camden Yards
Browns home game

What I'd really like to do is make a NE Coast road trip and catch baseball games in Boston, NYC, Washington, and Baltimore. Maybe a little 2-week vacation or something where I can hit up some of those towns' sights and bars in between.

I don't have a ton of other must-see or must-go-to events in mind.
Looks like you are big baseball guy and I have buddies like you they go to a different park every summer and take their boys. I've been to Wriggly and it is very cool and Fenway would be too but I'm not making a trip just for it.

Now Lambo needs to be added, I forgot about that one, and maybe Soldier Field just because I love Chicago so much.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you are big baseball guy and I have buddies like you they go to a different park every summer and take their boys. I've been to Wriggly and it is very cool and Fenway would be too but I'm not making a trip just for it.

Now Lambo needs to be added, I forgot about that one, and maybe Soldier Field just because I love Chicago so much.

Played baseball, so I really like the old ballparks.

I would like to head to Lambeau and Soldier too tho.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Birmingham has the oldest Ball Park in the country still standing, Rickwood Field, its a AAA stadium built over 100 years ago and they still play at least one game a year in it. If you are a baseball purest there really isn't anything like it part of the movie Ty Cobb was filmed there.

We are on our third stadium now for the Birmingham Barrons a new park build downtown and it has a classic field great evening early in the summer for the family. The Barrons won the Southern League this year in the first year the park was open so it that was pretty cool.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list was and is to see a home game at as many, if not all, the FBS level schools. 1 problem is that the number of schols keeps changing.
so far I have Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State, Stanford, Idaho, Hawaii, San Jose, Fresno, Purdue, Minnesota, Army, Tennessee
Also went to a Rose Bowl but it was not a UCLA home game.
I still have a long way to go

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birmingham has the oldest Ball Park in the country still standing, Rickwood Field, its a AAA stadium built over 100 years ago and they still play at least one game a year in it. If you are a baseball purest there really isn't anything like it part of the movie Ty Cobb was filmed there.

We are on our third stadium now for the Birmingham Barrons a new park build downtown and it has a classic field great evening early in the summer for the family. The Barrons won the Southern League this year in the first year the park was open so it that was pretty cool.

My fathers company he works for did the dirt work for the field in the new staudium. He's retiring next year.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm, might be something I will have to take note of if I ever make it out that way...perhaps some sort of golf trip and work that in.

I was lucky enough to play in a summer baseball league up in Illinois where all the games were held at old minor league parks. Really cool atmosphere in most of them.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fathers company he works for did the dirt work for the field in the new staudium. He's retiring next year.
Well everyone involved did a fantastic job the new stadium is a true gem for the entire metro area. I hope your dad has a happy and well earned retirement.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and they seem to really like tearing them down these days to build the next best thing in its place.

Would have loved to be around to see images like this.. back when people had class and it wasn't popular to leave the house looking like a giant dog turd that hadn't shaved in days.

old%252Btime%252Bfans.jpg

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the Brewers win a WS
Go to the Super Bowl (+ Packers are in it)
See Wisconsin win a NC in basketball and/or football
Go to a Bucks game when they're relevant
Go to the rose bowl - check
Go to a game at old yankee stadium - check
Go to a game at Fenway - check
Go to a playoff game at lambeau 0 - check

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Bob Stoops win a National Championship with his own players.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Bob Stoops win a National Championship with his own players.

Who cares about a national championship... winning a bowl game against what is probably the best team in the nation is every bit as good.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about a national championship... winning a bowl game against what is probably the best team in the nation is every bit as good.

Yea, right. But, the last time we did that and won the NC too was 14 years ago with John Blake's players. Time for Bob to earn his $5 Million+ annual salary and produce another NC.......with his own players.