• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryant?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c I don't think Thomas will last 17 games this year. IMO Turner is the 2nd best receiving TE we have right now. NO TE stood out? The draft class was very deep this year. To bypass TE this year meant to me they have a plan for Turner. No, a coach won't bash a player, but a coach doesn't have to give a player props coming out of TC. Turner was mentioned last year from coaches. If he didn't impress the coaches wouldn't have mentioned him.

OK…so he doesn’t last this year. You believe Turner is second best and getting Bryant would make you feel differently? Why? Again, Bates had an equal rookie season to Bryant’s best season.

So who stood out when we picked? I wanted a TE in this draft but none were OMG, he is the next Kelce.

Coaches always give props…not all are seen and promoted by the media.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I am tired of his trolling and arguing with everyone on the board.

Have you noticed that he literally argues with everyone here? His conclusions make no sense and when he wants to drive a point home, he makes up something.

I caught him red handed making up a so-called fact again and he got upset about it and is now ignoring me. This is probably for the best. He accused me of saying something and it never happened. He claims he can't take the negativity...whatever that means. Nobody is perfect, but intentionally giving misleading or false comments is out of line. The intent should be to talk about the team, not be an influencer and gain a fleet of followers. Again, just my opinion.

I am fine with people disagreeing with me. Skinsdad, chiller, and breed disagree with me frequently, and it is all good. Different perspectives are a good thing. The difference with Dean is that he gets proven wrong and reverts to lying and ad hominen attacks to save face. That is the difference. I honestly don't think an agenda posting person who intentionally makes up alleged facts to confuse the audience should post here. Again, it is a message board and only my opinion. I can now see why people steer clear of Dean now. I am a slow learner.

I admit I lost patience with this and apologize if I hijacked the board.
As mentioned before I don't follow dean, I just see that people are following him for many of the reasons you listed.

You do you, I was just saying you are plenty smart enough.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK…so he doesn’t last this year. You believe Turner is second best and getting Bryant would make you feel differently? Why? Again, Bates had an equal rookie season to Bryant’s best season.

So who stood out when we picked? I wanted a TE in this draft but none were OMG, he is the next Kelce.

Coaches always give props…not all are seen and promoted by the media.

I think Bryant would give us another rec option. We could easily have taken Kincaid at 16. I believe Bates isn't a pass catching TE, you do.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned before I don't follow dean, I just see that people are following him for many of the reasons you listed.

You do you, I was just saying you are plenty smart enough.
Lol...I am a slow learner and should avoid the sniping to be honest. Healthy debate is a good thing I feel. There is no need to embellish facts to one up somebody to score a point on a message board.

We have a lot of knowledge on this board I feel. I appreciate the friendly reminder about playing nice and being myself.

One day, I will actually not fall for the same trap over and over again...lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bryant would give us another rec option. We could easily have taken Kincaid at 16. I believe Bates isn't a pass catching TE, you do.

And it would hav been a stretch. Kincaid is not worth the pick.

Nope…I never said Bates is a pass catching TE. I stated his rookie season was better or at least as Good as anything Bryant has ever done.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main reason I'd pass on Bryant is because there are lots of cuts to still take place. I haven't looked yet but I'm sure "if" the team chooses to upgrade there, someone more productive could be had in july

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main reason I'd pass on Bryant is because there are lots of cuts to still take place. I haven't looked yet but I'm sure "if" the team chooses to upgrade there, someone more productive could be had in july

good point, very true.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it would hav been a stretch. Kincaid is not worth the pick.

Nope…I never said Bates is a pass catching TE. I stated his rookie season was better or at least as Good as anything Bryant has ever done.

fine but Bryant's rec upside is greater than Bates. that's why I think he could be a good pickup for us.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going by his draft scouting report. I already posted it to you.

So your evidence is a three and a half year old report. Since then he has done nothing to support that report. What makes you believe the three years he has been in the league and done nothing is not more substantial in nature? At what point do you stop going by the collegiate scouting report and look at NFL evidence?

Yes you did. I am trying to get you to understand the flaw in your logic and how poor your argument is.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your evidence is a three and a half year old report. Since then he has done nothing to support that report. What makes you believe the three years he has been in the league and done nothing is not more substantial in nature? At what point do you stop going by the collegiate scouting report and look at NFL evidence?

Yes you did. I am trying to get you to understand the flaw in your logic and how poor your argument is.

obviously, its potential. Im just saying he can be a receiving TE. He had the skills coming out of college. There is no argument. Are you arguing over a 6th or 7th round draft choice? The TE room could be upgraded this year. Teams take flyers on players.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously, its potential. Im just saying he can be a receiving TE. He had the skills coming out of college. There is no argument. Are you arguing over a 6th or 7th round draft choice? The TE room could be upgraded this year. Teams take flyers on players.

Bryant had a single great season at a lesser college. He had skills but they were not Earth shattering as he was a fourth rounder.

Back to my questions…whe do you stop listening to a collegiate scouting report and go by NFL evidence?

Yes I am saying you do not waste a draft pick on a player that is not an upgrade and may not make the team. I am great with taking fliers…you just don’t waste picks.

Adding another player who is not better than what we have is not improving the TE room.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant had a single great season at a lesser college. He had skills but they were not Earth shattering as he was a fourth rounder.

Back to my questions…whe do you stop listening to a collegiate scouting report and go by NFL evidence?

Yes I am saying you do not waste a draft pick on a player that is not an upgrade and may not make the team. I am great with taking fliers…you just don’t waste picks.

Adding another player who is not better than what we have is not improving the TE room.

Both of our receiving TE's are coming off injuries. That is why I would take the filer. We are talking 6th or 7th round picks here. If Bryant showed good receiving numbers while at Cle, he wouldn't be available for a 6th or 7th round pick. This is where the scouting dept comes in and determines if it's worth the risk or not. The scouting dept would have to determine if his ability would help the team. this is where you go back to the collegiate scouting reports and what kind of draft grade we had on him at that draft.

Taking fliers means taking risks on players who didn't perform early in their careers and betting they can help your team. Again, late round draft picks here.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of our receiving TE's are coming off injuries. That is why I would take the filer. We are talking 6th or 7th round picks here. If Bryant showed good receiving numbers while at Cle, he wouldn't be available for a 6th or 7th round pick. This is where the scouting dept comes in and determines if it's worth the risk or not. The scouting dept would have to determine if his ability would help the team. this is where you go back to the collegiate scouting reports and what kind of draft grade we had on him at that draft.

Taking fliers means taking risks on players who didn't perform early in their careers and betting they can help your team. Again, late round draft picks here.

Logan Thomas came back last season. How long until he is not coming back from injury?

So, if Bryant had been good in Cleveland, he would not be available. But because he was not good, you want him?

This is about your opinion...not the scouts. You said you would give up a sixth are incredulous that anybody would not be willing.

So how long before you stop going back to college reports and look at the fact he has not performed as a professional? Do you go back to a collegiate scouting report for a guy with ten years experience? How about 5?

Again, the odds of a late round pick hitting is better than a player with three years experience and nothing to show for it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan Thomas came back last season. How long until he is not coming back from injury?

So, if Bryant had been good in Cleveland, he would not be available. But because he was not good, you want him?

This is about your opinion...not the scouts. You said you would give up a sixth are incredulous that anybody would not be willing.

So how long before you stop going back to college reports and look at the fact he has not performed as a professional? Do you go back to a collegiate scouting report for a guy with ten years experience? How about 5?

Again, the odds of a late round pick hitting is better than a player with three years experience and nothing to show for it.

Im willing to take a shot. Thats all im saying. You go back to his draft profile and see if the team liked him or not. Its a risk, if the team thinks he is worth it they do it. Or you wait to see if someone else gets cut June 1. Do you think RR is done adding to this team?

Plus, why would RR care about a late round draft pick when he knows this could be his last year here if he doesn't win?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im willing to take a shot. Thats all im saying. You go back to his draft profile and see if the team liked him or not. Its a risk, if the team thinks he is worth it they do it. Or you wait to see if someone else gets cut June 1. Do you think RR is done adding to this team?

Plus, why would RR care about a late round draft pick when he knows this could be his last year here if he doesn't win?

You aren’t willing…you want to take a shot. There is a difference.

Again, you say go back to his draft profile. When do you stop saying that? Do you still look after five years, 10 years?

You obviously wait. Do I expect RR to add? Sure but it won’t be anything big. Do I hope he adds to this team…really I don’t care because nothing he does will be earth shattering.

Because he may want to be employed in the future. If I am an owner and a coach is going out trying to win now by making stupid decisions…even if he wins, he gets fired because he is not helping my product.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren’t willing…you want to take a shot. There is a difference.

Again, you say go back to his draft profile. When do you stop saying that? Do you still look after five years, 10 years?

You obviously wait. Do I expect RR to add? Sure but it won’t be anything big. Do I hope he adds to this team…really I don’t care because nothing he does will be earth shattering.

Because he may want to be employed in the future. If I am an owner and a coach is going out trying to win now by making stupid decisions…even if he wins, he gets fired because he is not helping my product.

Don't care? you never know who could be available. If RR wins, he won't be fired. Just my opinion.