• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns fired scouts who liked Carson Wentz

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning had 2 TD and 11 INTs through 4 games and edged out Leaf in game 5 for his first win. Those head to head stats:

Manning: 12-23 137 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Leaf: 12-23 160 yards, 0 TD, INT, 4 sacks

Manning had Faulk and Harrison; Leaf had Natrone Means and no WRs of note (top receptions guys were WR Charlie Jones and TE Freddie Jones).
Are you apologizing for Leaf? I'm not sure what you are getting at.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But i feel pretty confident projecting it going forward.

Based on mediocre numbers against possibly the worst two teams in the league? I wouldn't advise it.

Wentz is managing the game well and not turning the ball over. However, he is taking some unnecessary big hits and the competition is only going to get better. There will be growing pains, there always are.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on mediocre numbers against possibly the worst two teams in the league? I wouldn't advise it.

Wentz is managing the game well and not turning the ball over. However, he is taking some unnecessary big hits and the competition is only going to get better. There will be growing pains, there always are.
He is taking big hits and it's puzzling to watch some one so smart take such dumb hits.

I dont know if you've actually watched Wentz's first 2 games. 30 years of football watching and for me, the stuff he's done, the attention to detail is done by seasoned vets. Not rookies.

You'll see. Except you got Goff, so maybe you won't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is taking big hits and it's puzzling to watch some one so smart take such dumb hits.

I dont know if you've actually watched Wentz's first 2 games. 30 years of football watching and for me, the stuff he's done, the attention to detail is done by seasoned vets. Not rookies.

You'll see. Except you got Goff, so maybe you won't.

Man, you've got a serious man-crush. Hope he reciprocates for your sake, lol.

Not sure why you think I hate Wentz just because I don't get all gooey for his mediocre performances against the 2 worst teams in the league. I'll give more credit when it's due. I favored Wentz over Goff for the Rams.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you've got a serious man-crush. Hope he reciprocates for your sake, lol.

i'm not going to deny that.

Not sure why you think I hate Wentz just because I don't get all gooey for his mediocre performances against the 2 worst teams in the league. I'll give more credit when it's due. I favored Wentz over Goff for the Rams.
You keep calling his performances mediocre. To a stat reader, maybe. To somebody that watched his WRs drop catchable balls (just as they did for Bradford) it wasn't remotely mediocre.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your post is half spot on and half completely wrong. 2 games against 2 poor teams means nothing. You're right about that. But he has been far superior than mediocre. He has made some jaw dropping plays. 2 were turned over by penalties and had two bombs right on the money dropped. He had an insane throw rolling left, throwing across his body into a tight window of a double covered receiver. He has been outstanding, not mediocre.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow I think he is bummed his Rams took Goff and not Wentz.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
la-sp-cleveland-cavaliers-browns-qb-jersey-20160621-snap

Someone in Cleveland is keeping score. They need a bigger window.

That my friends is a whole lotta suck.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Wentz vs Goff, it is fair to say Wentz wound up in a far superior situation in terms of coaching advice for a young QB:

Don't show this to Goff, he might just shoot himself. I feel real bad for him right now.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't show this to Goff, he might just shoot himself. I feel real bad for him right now.
That is what I really worry about Goff, does he have the coaching to be good.

And he just doesn't now, Weinke should not be in the NFL, Boras just can't put together a good gameplan (no touchdowns yet you have one of the best tackle breaking running backs), while Fisher is a mediocre coach stuck in his old mediocre ways, cluelessly believing what little success he had with the Titans can be replicated by similar ways. It is really sad to see, Rams fans deserve better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your post is half spot on and half completely wrong. 2 games against 2 poor teams means nothing. You're right about that. But he has been far superior than mediocre. He has made some jaw dropping plays. 2 were turned over by penalties and had two bombs right on the money dropped. He had an insane throw rolling left, throwing across his body into a tight window of a double covered receiver. He has been outstanding, not mediocre.

Drops and penalties count in this league, not ifs and maybes. His NUMBERS, as in my post, are mediocre. He may have made some beautiful throws that ended up not counting for anything other than incompletions, but you can say that about most anyone.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were on to something and then you kind of lost it at the very end.......:D

Well, we know that Cowboys fans are getting exactly what they deserve lol. Good ole Jerrah and broken down Romo.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops and penalties count in this league, not ifs and maybes. His NUMBERS, as in my post, are mediocre. He may have made some beautiful throws that ended up not counting for anything other than incompletions, but you can say that about most anyone.

The Eagles receivers are poor. I dont think you can sit their and see Wentz step up in the pocket, fling a 40 yard bomb RIGHT ON THE MONEY, watch it bounce off a receivers hands in the end zone and say, "That was a mediocre throw". A few series later he tosses another gorgeous throw on a 70 yard bomb to Agholor that hits him in stride in BOTH hands only to watch another mediocre receiver drop the ball and say, "Well, another mediocre throw by Wentz". He has been phenomenal. But, again, you are a million percent correct in saying that 2 games means absolutely nothing. I saw Nick Foles throw 7 TD's in one game. I saw Bobby Hoying create a hysteria in Philly for about a month only to become a complete scrub.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is going to be a really good QB in the NFL I have watched him for 4 years

All the tools

Cleveland will regret not picking him in the draft and probably Wentz will be glad they did not

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Pittsburgh have a real D?

I'm askin' for a friend.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles receivers are poor. I dont think you can sit their and see Wentz step up in the pocket, fling a 40 yard bomb RIGHT ON THE MONEY, watch it bounce off a receivers hands in the end zone and say, "That was a mediocre throw". A few series later he tosses another gorgeous throw on a 70 yard bomb to Agholor that hits him in stride in BOTH hands only to watch another mediocre receiver drop the ball and say, "Well, another mediocre throw by Wentz". He has been phenomenal. But, again, you are a million percent correct in saying that 2 games means absolutely nothing. I saw Nick Foles throw 7 TD's in one game. I saw Bobby Hoying create a hysteria in Philly for about a month only to become a complete scrub.
Nick Foles and Bobby Hoying never had anything special about their respective games, in their individual skill set. That was why they were fools gold. They won some games and had some success w/o being special players.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3