• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns fired scouts who liked Carson Wentz

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Factory of Sadness just pumps out these stories every year huh.

"According to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, several of the more seasoned scouts and evaluators the Browns parted with prior to the draft -- an unusual time to release such employees -- actually preferred Wentz to quarterback Jared Goff and believed him to be the greater pro prospect. It was clear to many in the organization dating back to December, when the Browns held intense draft meetings, that the newly-empowered analytics department, soon to be spearheaded by DePodesta, strongly preferred Goff. And new coach Hue Jackson and his offensive coordinator, Pep Hamilton, were not high on Wentz but prized Goff, sources said, and made that clear to the rest of the organization."

Many of the Browns scouts fired before the draft favored Carson Wentz

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most teams had goff over wentz:noidea: Hindsight is always 50/50.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games against a couple of the worst defenses in the league. Relax.

Wentz has looked solid. I would be excited if I was an Eagles fan. If he continues to play like he has, the Eagles have something positive to look forward too. However, let's not take this opportunity to bust on the Browns and their bad decision making. The book on Wentz is still wide open.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think most teams had goff over wentz:noidea: Hindsight is always 50/50.

Hindsight! :lol:

Wentz has played 1 game (against a crap team), and Goff has played zero.

Hindsight. :doh: Let's wait a couple of years for this one, shall we?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not even getting into Wentz versus Goff per se. Fact is Browns could have drafted one of those two and decided only one was worth it, Goff. That looks to be wrong.

Meanwhile they will have have started 5 different QBs in five straight regular season games now when Cody Kessler starts next game. That's pretty amazing.

Cody Kessler will be Browns' fifth starting QB in last five games

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had him just below RGIII?

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but if you are the Browns that's two games more than any QB you have showed. Of course time will tell if they messed up on this trade, and it may take 5 years to know. They may hit on some picks they got from Philly and wind up ahead in the end.

But...it doesn't look good right now for them.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has looked fantastic the first two games. Should have had close to 300 yards last night if not for those drops. If you watch him play you can see he is years ahead of the curve. With that said.......he is a rookie......he is going to struggle at some point this season. I honestly believe he will have a poor game against the Steelers next week but I think he could be very good to All-Pro provided he continues to learn. He has far exceeded my expectations to be honest.

Cleveland has to be to worst run NFL franchise in NFL. They need a new slogan "Cleveland.....where NFL careers go to die".

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz looks like the real deal. I was very impressed with him at the line of scrimmage, looking over the D and audibling. I am not saying that he is in the same level as Peyton, but everytime he did that, I kept thinking, how I hope we have found a real great QB like Manning. Whether he is better or worse than the Bradys, the Elways, the Mannings (both) we won't know for many years, but right now, he looks like a legitimate NFL QB stud. It makes me wonder how a team like Cleveland would pass on him.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Leaf's stats were horrible his first 2 games. The comparison is just flat stupid.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz looks like the real deal. I was very impressed with him at the line of scrimmage, looking over the D and audibling. I am not saying that he is in the same level as Peyton, but everytime he did that, I kept thinking, how I hope we have found a real great QB like Manning. Whether he is better or worse than the Bradys, the Elways, the Mannings (both) we won't know for many years, but right now, he looks like a legitimate NFL QB stud. It makes me wonder how a team like Cleveland would pass on him.
It happens every draft lol.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Firing the scouts and FO that produced the least talented team in the NFL is a bad idea because they liked one of the more polarizing QB prospect in years that 3-4 teams passed on"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but if you are the Browns that's two games more than any QB you have showed. Of course time will tell if they messed up on this trade, and it may take 5 years to know. They may hit on some picks they got from Philly and wind up ahead in the end.

But...it doesn't look good right now for them.
If we are keeping score, I agree, the Eagles are winning in this trade thus far. However it's the first minute of the first quarter in this game so...