• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns fire sashi

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown.

Despite the team having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue wins:suds:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown.

Despite the team having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.

Hue wins:suds:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.

If they keep Hue and Podesta, they should stay on track for the rebuild plan they laid out 2 years ago, which is a good thing. Sashi may have been in over his head as EVP. He bungled a few things this season, and seems to be the fall guy if nothing else. Someone needed to take the blame.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN’s Adam Schefter said the team could begin interviewing possible replacements as early as next week. They could have already talked to former Panthers GM Dave Gettleman, Chiefs GM Dorsey, and former Washington GM Scot McCloughan since they’re all unemployed and the Browns wouldn’t need to get permission from anyone.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you keep a coach that is 1-27 and explain to your fans it is the right move to let him coach another season?

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not give a shit and give them the middle finger if they don’t like it.

I jest- but fans should never control any kind of decision, period.

I agree, but the fans are buying the tickets and watching. The attendance has suffered this year, it will only get worse unless you get some good PR and make a big move.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you keep a coach that is 1-27 and explain to your fans it is the right move to let him coach another season?

they could have fired Hue too and I wouldn't blame them but the Browns problems are way bigger than Hue Jackson. No coach would be winning very many football games in Cleveland right now ...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the fans are buying the tickets and watching. The attendance has suffered this year, it will only get worse unless you get some good PR and make a big move.
Fans aren’t that smart. They will show up when the team wins.

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could have fired Hue too and I wouldn't blame them but the Browns problems are way bigger than Hue Jackson. No coach would be winning very many football games in Cleveland right now ...

I agree, they need a team president, new gm, and new players, but they have everything else.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they need a team president, new gm, and new players, but they have everything else.

and their new president and g.m. are going to have to clean house and bring in all new scouts and talent evaluators because there is no organization that wastes more draft picks and has more poor trades and free agent signings ....

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not give a shit and give them the middle finger if they don’t like it.

I jest- but fans should never control any kind of decision, period.

When you saddle said coach with a garbage team, you can't expect much from him. They're improving and they owe it to him to show some loyalty.