• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Browns fire sashi

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, everyone knew the rebuild of the Browns would take longer, but based on what they have done to date with their picks, I think it is safe to question whether Sashi Brown was the guy to capitalize on the bonanza of picks going forward.

Their decision to pass on guys like Wentz and Watson looks terrible right now, not just because those guys have looked good, but because the current QB draft class looks pretty suspect. If they take Josh Allen, well, that would be the Brownsiest way to go forward, would it not?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm a GM why would I want to go to the Browns, the meddling owner is going to tell me, that Hue is my head coach is for at least the next year, so I can't get my own guy to falls in with what I am trying to accomplish. And I have to worry that ownership doesn't interfere in my goals.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an opportunity for a good GM because of all the high picks they are going to have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue wins:suds:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.

eefdf5ed523442cfce3a9ab2610a3303.gif

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you have a lot of picks, who is making the picks, the owner, than the coach, than the GM.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown.

Despite the team having just one win in almost two seasons under Brown, this move comes somewhat out of left field and makes almost no sense. Hired in January of 2016, Brown was tasked with rebuilding the roster from the ground up, a task which the Browns should have known would take longer than 28 games. The good news is Sashi will leave Cleveland with five picks in the first two rounds including potentially two top-10 selections. With Brown out the door, the focus will turn to the job status of Hue Jackson, but this move seems like an indication the coach has won some sort of power struggle. All that is left to do now is wait for that A.J. McCarron blockbuster.
Lots of blame to go around.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Browns needed to do what the 9ers did this past offseason and that's nuke it from orbit and make an unattractive job attractive by promising coaching candidates that they will have a say in who is hired as GM.

That way your coach and GM are on the same page and that will have all the top HC prospects interested in the job.

The job would be attractive because of the talent already onboard, the number of draft picks, and plenty of cap space.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns needed to do what the 9ers did this past offseason and that's nuke it from orbit and make an unattractive job attractive by promising coaching candidates that they will have a say in who is hired as GM.

That way your coach and GM are on the same page and that will have all the top HC prospects interested in the job.

The job would be attractive because of the talent already onboard, the number of draft picks, and plenty of cap space.
You need to remember that the Browns are the class of the NFL when it comes to nuking things and starting over. The problem is they are lacking in the next step which starting over with someone who knows what they are doing

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but the fans are buying the tickets and watching. The attendance has suffered this year, it will only get worse unless you get some good PR and make a big move.
Interesting because the Browns have been a case study in suck since they were rescued in 1999. It has finally reached a point where attendance is down

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue wins:suds:

Browns owner Jimmy Haslam confirmed Hue Jackson will return for the 2018 season.

Browns fired EVP Sashi Brown on Thursday. "Hue Jackson will remain our coach and will return for the 2018 season," Haslam said in a statement, "but we feel it is necessary to take significant steps to strengthen our personnel department." The moves suggest Jackson has won some sort of internal power struggle, likely indicating he will have an important voice in personnel decisions moving forward. If that is true, it could hinder Cleveland's search for a new general manager.
Make Hue coach and GM...ya know because that always works

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a related note, how many people could fuck up an NFL franchise and a Power 5 School in the same year?

Jimmy Haslem

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kevin Costner available for the sequel?