• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronx bombers visit Rangers 05/21-05/23

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair we have done better in the drafy lately I think. I guess we will know within the next 2 to 3 years or so.

The drafting and the development needs to be greatly improved if we are ever going to go to a WS again.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamels has the Yankees on his no-trade list.

He does not heart NY.

Doesn't mean he can't wave it. Hamels may not want to live/play long term in the Big Apple, but he also knows his window-of-opportunity for winning it all is closing, and the Yanks have a legitimate shot to take it all this season.

He could decide to leave his family back in the United States, and he'll finish out this season ONLY. ha ha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time we drafted and developed an Ace?

When was the last time we drafted and developed a position player who has a legitimate shot at being even considered for the HOF?

Not that those two things are required for a WS championship or that they guarantee it, but it has been awhile.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn, that's a pretty high bar to clear.
Well, we are in our 47th season so there should be a few. A team should clear that bar every now and then.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on Tyler Phillips from Scott Lucas.

"Phillips hasn't allowed an earned run in his last three starts. He's walked five batters all season, and two of those came in the third inning of his first start. In the last 12 months among Spokane and Hickory, Phillips has 16 walks and 124 strikeouts in 117 innings."

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping a homegrown player throughout his career is a bit more difficult since the advent of Free agency

Which of course is proven by all the which hat will you wear in the hall drama. Even Willie Mays switched teams.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keeping a homegrown player throughout his career is a bit more difficult since the advent of Free agency

Which of course is proven by all the which hat will you wear in the hall drama. Even Willie Mays switched teams.
That is correct. Keeping them is not a part of the question though.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ben Badler's chat session:

With what we’re seeing from players like Acuna, Vlad Jr and Soto, yeah, I think it can get overlooked just how young Leody... . Tools are the same as last year, lower half swing mechanics are different and he’s being a more selective hitter at least so far. I don’t know when but I think at some point everything is going to sync up and click for him and we could see his numbers explode.

Still a believer in Calhoun. Clean swing, a lot of barrel accuracy and the power is still in there when he’s swinging at the right pitches he can drive.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ben Badler's chat session:

With what we’re seeing from players like Acuna, Vlad Jr and Soto, yeah, I think it can get overlooked just how young Leody... . Tools are the same as last year, lower half swing mechanics are different and he’s being a more selective hitter at least so far. I don’t know when but I think at some point everything is going to sync up and click for him and we could see his numbers explode.

Still a believer in Calhoun. Clean swing, a lot of barrel accuracy and the power is still in there when he’s swinging at the right pitches he can drive.
So where do you play Calhoun, DH?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where do you play Calhoun, DH?
That requires knowing what else they plan to do with other players. If they trade Choo he could DH mostly. At some point they might want to move Guzman back to AAA since he has struggled at the plate after his first 11 games up here. That would allow Gallo to play 1B and put Calhoun at LF. Then again they may want Calhoun to stay down for several more weeks.