• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Fletcher looks to be joining the Patriots

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At work...got cut off. Shut down CB while sending some pieces to Clev. IDK...I think it could work. Maybe Amendola too....

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm remembering Arrington as the one that was getting abused.....

IMO, These CBs are all decent but can be exploited. Arrington isn't bad as the slot CB but as the #1 or #2 he turns into a liability. Ryan and Dennard can play well for stretches and then they get picked on by a particular matchup and QB.

This was the way it was before Revis (and to a lesser degree Talib) and this is will be now. Maybe one of the new CBs will be better, maybe one of these 1-2 year players will step up but I'm not expecting miracles.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen this posted a few times, not much detail or truth.....but I read that NE might be making a push for Joe Haden....take it for what it is worth, but I mentioned this to my buddy about a month ago if Revi$ left. Makes sense to me. Clev need picks and QB. NE maybe trades Mayo and a pick for Haden. Or maybe #1 pick this yr for him? He is only 25 and just signed a deal for 5yrs. NE is going to have some major cap space coming up. You get your shut down QB.

I'd do it in a flash but I wouldn't be surprised if it's wishful thinking on some Patriots fans part. I just can't imagine Cleveland would give him up.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amendola and Mayo for Haden? We'd be getting ripped off!!!!!
(I'd be all for this in a heartbeat)

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen this posted a few times, not much detail or truth.....but I read that NE might be making a push for Joe Haden....take it for what it is worth, but I mentioned this to my buddy about a month ago if Revi$ left. Makes sense to me. Clev need picks and QB. NE maybe trades Mayo and a pick for Haden. Or maybe #1 pick this yr for him? He is only 25 and just signed a deal for 5yrs. NE is going to have some major cap space coming up. You get your shut down QB.

When and how much

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When and how much

I have heard they will have "Jacksonville" type cap room next yr. Not sure of the exact numbers, but...I think they plan on doing Collins, HT, Jones.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it in a flash but I wouldn't be surprised if it's wishful thinking on some Patriots fans part. I just can't imagine Cleveland would give him up.

Well NE has a lot of picks right now after the comp picks. I think 5 in the top 100 now. They have two 3rd rd picks, two 4th rd. NE can't keep all these picks and sign all these players. IF they were to make a move I can see it this yr. Not saying it will be for Haden, but something tells me this might happen. For example. You gave Clev your 1st, they would then have 3 picks in the first. They can package 2 of them and move up the board, maybe ahead of NYJ for Mariota. Then they would still have a 1st rd pick to use. NE gets a top 5 CB in return for the 32nd pick. IDK, call me crazy..sometimes you have to give up to start over...HELL did you think Jimmy would end up in Seattle? I didn't....Hell, its a long shot...but fun to think of!!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BUT..it's Cleveland. :noidea: They aren't going anywhere for a while, especially given their mess at QB.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT..it's Cleveland. :noidea: They aren't going anywhere for a while, especially given their mess at QB.
They already have one 1st round QB sitting on the bench. Mariotta, while having a lot of upside - is not ready to play.
Two #1's sitting on the bench???????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, These CBs are all decent but can be exploited. Arrington isn't bad as the slot CB but as the #1 or #2 he turns into a liability. Ryan and Dennard can play well for stretches and then they get picked on by a particular matchup and QB.

This was the way it was before Revis (and to a lesser degree Talib) and this is will be now. Maybe one of the new CBs will be better, maybe one of these 1-2 year players will step up but I'm not expecting miracles.
I'm afraid you're right. I just hate watching that bend don't break D more than anything. It's too painful. Especially late in the game ugggg

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NMinnesota a lot of picks right now after the comp picks. I think 5 in the top 100 now. They have two 3rd rd picks, two 4th rd. NE can't keep all these picks and sign all these players. IF they were to make a move I can see it this yr. Not saying it will be for Haden, but something tells me this might happen. For example. You gave Clev your 1st, they would then have 3 picks in the first. They can package 2 of them and move up the board, maybe ahead of NYJ for Mariota. Then they would still have a 1st rd pick to use. NE gets a top 5 CB in return for the 32nd pick. IDK, call me crazy..sometimes you have to give up to start over...HELL did you think Jimmy would end up in Seattle? I didn't....Hell, its a long shot...but fun to think of!!
I could go for something like that. Or a similar deal with Minnesota for AP. Not that RB is a huge need just not sure the current stable of RBs replace Vereen?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arrington plays on the outside - we need a new defensive coordinator, not new CB's.....

I agree, but were still thin there. Arrington is a slot CB, but it doesn't mean he couldn't end up on the outside in a zone scheme.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But why do some fans still Ryan is any good or has any potential? Not that it mattered but I was at the game in GB. He got torched by everyone. Albeit GB is a good team with a great QB and quality receivers. I know one player doesn't lose a game but he surely didn't help. It was a great game with even better atmosphere. Too bad the outcome sucked.

I was basically being sarcastic. I just don't know the 2 CB's who will play on the outside.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but were still thin there. Arrington is a slot CB, but it doesn't mean he couldn't end up on the outside in a zone scheme.
I hope you are wrong or we really are in trouble.
Do you think BB does not know Arrington can't cover outside the slot?