• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradley Fletcher looks to be joining the Patriots

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good signing for you guys in my book. The guy showed some promise not too long ago. I don't think he just dropped off the face of the earth when he went to Philly so I would say scheme wise maybe he just wasn't a good fit. Throw in BB seems pretty good at reviving careers of good players that have a couple of down years.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't do much with the Eagles in his 2 years there, but he seemed to be a solid player in his first 3 years with the Rams. BB will have to coach him up though.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good reclamation project.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The radio station in Boston had a hilarious tape of an Eagles ranting on what a POS Fletcher was... :)

No one expects another Revis but if these guys are "good enough" the Pats still might do ok,

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up. Hopefully we can get a lot of out of him because were still very thin at CB. If we can bring in 1-2 other CB vets, I'd be happy. It would be nice if we could play some man to man next season, but it's not looking that way.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like all CB careers end up dying in Philly.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pick up. Hopefully we can get a lot of out of him because were still very thin at CB. If we can bring in 1-2 other CB vets, I'd be happy. It would be nice if we could play some man to man next season, but it's not looking that way.
I'm not against bringing in CB's
I am getting tired of saying that are young CB's are no longer rookies.
They are SB winning New England Patriots cornerbacks - chosen and coached - now experienced.
These guys are good! You will see them "graduate" this year with Revis Island floating away and Browner disappearing into the Grey!!!!!

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not big on Logan Ryan, but he has some potential...you could say. Arrington is a slot CB, but might play on the outside next year, because of all the zone defense. I think we gotta add another CB or 2 in free agency.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not big on Logan Ryan, but he has some potential...you could say. Arrington is a slot CB, but might play on the outside next year, because of all the zone defense. I think we gotta add another CB or 2 in free agency.
If Arrington plays on the outside - we need a new defensive coordinator, not new CB's.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Arrington plays on the outside - we need a new defensive coordinator, not new CB's.....
Agreed. But why do some fans still Ryan is any good or has any potential? Not that it mattered but I was at the game in GB. He got torched by everyone. Albeit GB is a good team with a great QB and quality receivers. I know one player doesn't lose a game but he surely didn't help. It was a great game with even better atmosphere. Too bad the outcome sucked.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some fans "think"^^

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But why do some fans still Ryan is any good or has any potential? Not that it mattered but I was at the game in GB. He got torched by everyone. Albeit GB is a good team with a great QB and quality receivers. I know one player doesn't lose a game but he surely didn't help. It was a great game with even better atmosphere. Too bad the outcome sucked.
It was the only good game we lost last year. It was not Ryan's fault. GB had a better game plan. Rodgers rolling out and prolonging the play. DB's can't cover all day!!!!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In regards to "media" types......what the hell do they really know. Did any of them ever play any sports other than bathroom flipthething? I was watching Sports Tonight and Lou Meroni a former Red Sox infielder is bitching about what he thinks Belichick should be doing. First Lou, you weren't that good a pro baseball player, second your baseball background doesn't qualify you to opine about a professional football team's operation.
Finally, sports writers, radio talkers and TV Sports show people know nothing more than the guys who frequent the team pages in SportsHoopla. They speak as if their opinions are fact and that hoards of fans should follow them to edge of a cliff and jump..........................now that I have that out of my system........

My belief is that Bill Belichick does not sign players he thinks he will dump in a couple of months. He sees something and believes they will fit in his schemes. There were no other Revis' available after Revis left the Patriots. My personal feeling after watching several Patriots games from last season is that Revis is not the same Revis of 2011. He showed that he's lost the burst he once had, he cannot close as well as he used to and cannot cut and stay with quick WR like Emanual Sanders.

I think Fletcher and Mclain may reserect their careers in New England. I'm will to wait and see how they do before I pass judgement on either of them. It's only March and camp doesn't open for four months.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the only good game we lost last year. It was not Ryan's fault. GB had a better game plan. Rodgers rolling out and prolonging the play. DB's can't cover all day!!!!!
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one. They had him try and cover everyone and each time Arog abused him. Just like in the SB when he tried covering Mathews. Once they put Butler or one of the other DBs on Mathews he was not heard of again. Similar to how Brady picked on Simon.

You are correct that it was the one good game we lost.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one. They had him try and cover everyone and each time Arog abused him. Just like in the SB when he tried covering Mathews. Once they put Butler or one of the other DBs on Mathews he was not heard of again. Similar to how Brady picked on Simon.

You are correct that it was the one good game we lost.
I'm remembering Arrington as the one that was getting abused.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen this posted a few times, not much detail or truth.....but I read that NE might be making a push for Joe Haden....take it for what it is worth, but I mentioned this to my buddy about a month ago if Revi$ left. Makes sense to me. Clev need picks and QB. NE maybe trades Mayo and a pick for Haden. Or maybe #1 pick this yr for him? He is only 25 and just signed a deal for 5yrs. NE is going to have some major cap space coming up. You get your shut down QB.